Test Update 4/13/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Kethir, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Fooba Augur

Was the anniversary raid charm meant to suck, or are you guys going to fix it?
  2. Prathun Developer

Previously, about half of the transformation mold data applied the icon of the ornament to the item it was ornamenting. There was no rhyme or reason to which ornaments did and which did not. It was simply inconsistent.
    We're definitely not reverting back to a state where this was handled inconsistently. It's highly unlikely that we will remove the icon visual conversion altogether. If it's a point of contention that not everyone wanted this, we'll update the patch message to reflect that.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

How about letting it be toggled on or off? That way those who like it can choose the mold appearance, those who don't can choose the normal item appearance, of the icon.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Silentchaos Augur

Why? Spell dmg in classic and kunark does not need to increase, it's already tuned for the amount of hitpoints we have and the way we mitigate incoming spell dmg. Our characters are a lot better at mitigating incoming melee dmg and putting out melee and spell damage, they're not much better at mitigating incoming spell damage than they were back in the day and don't have a lot more hitpoints than we used to either.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With burn stuff running out

[Sun Jan 03 20:08:26 2016] You begin casting Mana Burn XVI.
    [Sun Jan 03 20:08:29 2016] Yinla hit Wither for 2400376 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Jan 03 20:08:29 2016] Yinla hit Wither for 1 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Jan 03 20:08:29 2016] Wither is hit by an enormous blast of magical energies.

[Tue Jan 05 21:05:52 2016] You begin casting Mana Burn XVI.
    [Tue Jan 05 21:05:55 2016] Yinla hit Dread for 2400359 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Jan 05 21:05:55 2016] Yinla hit Dread for 1 points of non-melee damage.

[Wed Jan 06 20:17:50 2016] You begin casting Mana Burn XVI.
    [Wed Jan 06 20:17:53 2016] Yinla hit Maestro of Rancor for 2400359 points of non-melee damage.
    [Wed Jan 06 20:17:53 2016] Yinla hit Maestro of Rancor for 1 points of non-melee damage.

With full burn running
    [Mon Mar 28 21:48:56 2016] High Bokon Boromas was hit by non-melee for 2400000 points of damage.
    [Mon Mar 28 21:48:56 2016] High Bokon Boromas was hit by non-melee for 1 points of damage.
    [Mon Mar 28 21:48:56 2016] High Bokon Boromas is hit by an enormous blast of magical energies.

Forgot about this little gem, distance check needs to be on cast and not on landing! She is rooted on the platform so didn't move! I'm pretty sure it used up 60,000 mana too, but it was a long time ago.
    [Mon Jan 11 19:55:08 2016] You begin casting Mana Burn XVI.
    [Mon Jan 11 19:55:11 2016] Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay healed you for 1650 hit points by Gift of Endless Life.
    [Mon Jan 11 19:55:11 2016] Anashti Sul deftly avoids your ability. You will need to get closer.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  6. Apoc Augur

I honestly didn't see the wither and Decay reduced 10% hp thing before I said that.
    Prathun likes this.
  7. Apoc Augur

We have 2 to 3 wizards so the mana burn thing really never was an issue since we are melee heavy as it is. I think we have a lot of good role player not everyone is a superstar but we get the job done. I think we finished the expansion at a decent time without betaing anything this past year.
  8. Apoc Augur

On the shield of dark waters. Will it have a sympathetic force of xxx nuke instead of force of magic clicky and the sypathetic alleviated burst still? I was just curious if it will have both procs incase it happens to drop Sunday for us.
  9. menown Augur

I don't think this applies but relates to the topic. The Necromancer spell "Ignite Synapse has a mana drain effect that is supposed to deal the same amount of damage as mana drained. The mana/damage drain is not being reported at all.

Ignite Synapse:
    1: Decrease Mana and Hitpoints by up to 424 per tick
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 3314 per tick

Ignite Synapse Rk II:
    1: Decrease Mana and Hitpoints by up to 445 per tick
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 3480 per tick

Ignite Synapse Rk III:
    1: Decrease Mana and Hitpoints by up to 467 per tick
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 3654 per tick

Spell Description:
    Inflicts 3654 damage every six seconds. Drains up to 467 mana from your target every every six seconds. For each point of mana drained, the target will take damage.

GamParse with no magic focus or faycite:
    [Fri Apr 15 09:48:59 2016] Test One Hundred Three has taken 3654 damage from your Ignite Synapses Rk. III.
    [Fri Apr 15 09:49:05 2016] Test One Hundred Three has taken 3654 damage from your Ignite Synapses Rk. III.
    [Fri Apr 15 09:49:11 2016] Test One Hundred Three has taken 3654 damage from your Ignite Synapses Rk. III.

No other damage is reported from the spell. This is repeatable on test and live servers. The same problem is consistent with lower versions of the spells, level 99 94 89 and 84.
  10. Xinj Journeyman

Dots work on MB again?
  11. ShadowMan Augur

One would think if they fixed the issue of it not being modified to be 300-500K a proc and rather a flat 19k proc added for all they would let it work for dots again. But that kind of logic doesn't usually apply because they still have necromancers at 90% fade and its not looking like it will go back to 100%.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or at the very least make it a flagged feature on which to show. Though seems like a waste of dev time.
  13. Zalamyr Augur

If mana burn is now a flat damage bonus, it should be allowed to function with DoTs again.
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thanks for the reply sir.

I agree consistency is a good thing, and perhaps I'm in the minority, but my preference would be that an item's icon always reflect the item itself and not the ornament.

It's nice to be able to inspect someone and immediately see by icon what kind of gear they have.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

I'm there with you too.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get a list of which zones are in the rotation for each level please?
    beryon, Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Gialana Augur

I could see how dots would still not be allowed to work with mana burn, unless only the first tick of the dot triggered it. Otherwise, mana burn is still adding more damage per cast than any other spell. If a necromancer could keep all of the procs to themselves, they could easily be triggering 15+ mana burn procs per tick. I don't think anyone else can do that.

On the other hand, if all of the counters of mana burn are going to be used, and it's a flat damage per counter, it really shouldn't matter who uses them (except with people's competition with others in their raid). The same amount of damage is going to be dealt to the mob anyway.
  18. mackal Augur

If that happens, it will probably be after all the dot revamps are done.
  19. Agrippa Augur

Where was the outcry for this to happen? Why is DBG deliberately going out of your way to make All Access perks less convenient for players? The nerf to autogranted Station Cash was stupid and bad enough, but now you're taking away more features and conveniences of All Access accounts.
    Hiladdar and Yinla like this.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

To be fair the in game client for LoN was always a buggy mess and I've been using the stand alone client for years. It makes zero difference regarding being able to claim your 5 free packs each month aside from a couple more clicks on the desktop. It's not worth the time or effort of getting upset over. Not to mention the fact that LoN has been dead for 3 years and is probably on it's way out in the near future anyway.