with 4k+ dps, AoW doesn't drop below 100%.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hydrad, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bewts Augur

They are according to the note update.

Hopefully they don't miss any zones this time around.

I'm fairly surprised they did this go around and doubly so they waited until the next patch to correct it as TLP progress is restricted until all raid mobs have been defeated.

Assuming they get it all right, they have just put Ragefire and Lockjaw a whole month closer to each other for a Luclin launch.
  2. Syrup Augur

The real question is, how did this thread make it to 8 pages without a parse.
  3. Bewts Augur

Because, unless I'm mistaken the person who threw out that first parse on the Tormax thread when Velious launched caused a guild policy to not put up parses here.
  4. Tieyla Elder

If some random person in FI put up a parse and claimed a mob was unkillable at 2k dps they'd have been kicked from FI.
  5. Ker Le Blanc New Member

Well I took a look at ur fight vs Gorenaire, can u explain me, if ur so skilled, why this monk, Zaid, didnt kept first slot free to be able to dispell the slow?
    Its a basic know how about Gor no?
  6. Moranis Augur

Probably because they slapped Gore silly in that video...sometimes you don't need to worry about technique when you can drop the raid mob in like 30 seconds.
  7. Tieyla Elder

No one ever claimed Zaide was top guild material.
  8. GrugSA Augur

Are you talking about this one where the wiped to Gore months into Kunark?

It's a pretty cool video u get to watch them lose to a mage box army in a DPS race and then wipe to gore with 50+. Number one guild on TLP.
  9. -wycca Augur

Actually, it's a bit closer than that.

Ragefire unlocked Velious on 3-21-16. It goes in 2 week cycles. The earliest that Ragefire's velious timer could start is thus 5-2-16 given the patch timing. If it takes longer than 11 days for Ragefire to meet the unlock requirements, it pushes the timer start back to 5-16-16.

If the vote passes on LJ, Velious unlocks on 5-16-16. If it takes 2 weeks for Lockjaw to meet the win conditions, their Velious timer will start on 5-30-16.

Thus, the earliest Ragefire and earliest Lockjaw unlock timer dates put them merely 28 days apart. It's possible it could end up a mere 2 weeks apart or on the same timer. At the least, Lockjaw has possibly gained 2 months on Ragefire - not 1 month.
    Bewts likes this.
  10. Bewts Augur

The conspiracy theorist in me makes me wonder if this is why they decided to push fixes out on RF to close the launch gap between the servers.
  11. EQForumAcct Augur

And get people's hopes up of a merger...which won't ever happen....ultimate troll!
  12. Bewts Augur

Or, you just ignore the slow and let DPS suited for the encounter do its thing?

Just because certain classes are top DPS on most encounters doesn't mean you alter your entire setup to make sure they parse well on an encounter not designed for them to do so?

Necros shine on Gore fights, I'd rather focus on keeping them up and dots ticking and wizards nuking than having people dispel 9 monks every time they get slowed. You've only got so many dispel options, so when healers are busy healing groups taking an AE to the face, you don't split hairs on dispels unless your raid lacks caster DPS.

And yes, at a certain DPS threshold you get the luxury of simply ignoring mechanics and plow. Sloppy? Sure. Once in a while sloppy turns into wipes.
  13. Ghilran Lorekeeper

Thank you, captain obvious! Now if you could just extend the same courtesy to DW.
  14. Bewts Augur

Sloppy and calling content unkillable is one thing. Sloppy on farm status is something else.

You'll get the courtesy when you earn it by being forthright.

Still waiting on that AOW video... Hell, I'd be happy to see a screenshot of a parse (you can even black out names so no one gets called out).
  15. yerm Augur

Leaving open a top buff slot to allow dispel to clear a slow on a fight is good but relatively experienced play. It's like clicking on a fungi staff and then clicking it off and jboots on to get back then swapping again after a fear - it helps, but, just a little. This is compared to decisions like refusing to charm on an encounter known to be a regen/dps check.

When DW is farming a mob that's trivial and basically a speedbump I do agree that you actually deserve the same slack shown to MIM doing gore. If Zaide was playing bad against an actually important or challenging fight I'd probably be one of the first people to call him out on it. Personally though I probably spend 25% of gore fights stuck in a pillar, myself. Who cares.
  16. Ghilran Lorekeeper

You are overthinking this for the sake of continued trolling. That being said I could agree with you except that no one claimed it was unkillable or cried for nerf. I think Jaime did a very good post on this.
  17. yerm Augur

Nobody cried for a nerf??
  18. Bewts Augur

I tend to agree with the damned Lannister.

But, nerfs were called for. We're on the 8th page of a nerf call or didn't you notice?
  19. Kiani Augur

Nerf or fix? The regen was obviously not intended to be as much in combat as it is.
  20. Tieyla Elder

A wooden baseball bat makes the ball go to far.

A nerf bat lacks the mass of the wooden one, and thus the ball does not go as far.

If AoW is a wooden bat, and your raid force is the ball, going to far is you wiping and not being able to kill it.

So yes any change making AoW easier, is a nerf.

The regen isn't broken. It's not magically making them tick more than the devs intended. Is the regen more than you guys can handle? Yes. Is it more than anyone else could handle? We don't know. Your cries for nerf have taken away the ability for other guilds, servers, or communities to try.

So enjoy your legacy, you'll always be the guild known for crying for nerfs, cause "the game is too hard and we can't do it."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.