Velious Bugs/Needed fixes thread!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaime Lannister, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Radien Elder

These are Velious era disciplines and should be in game. Should report via /bug and on bug tracker.

Source: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html
  2. Nicorus Elder

If they plan to leave the fights super long and hard then they need to actually start doing some class balancing passes on TLPs.

The only reason EQs lack of balance ever really worked was because it didn't matter if your range did 30% of the dps of your monk cause the mob wasn't that hard anyway.

They are turning the game into WoW now where you need to only bring whoever parses the best because the mobs are so hard.
  3. Bewts Augur

Whats the over/under in krono for DW to unlock Velious now?
  4. Silresa New Member

If that's true, then.. well.. 1k/tick is only 166/s, so three of your DPS is enough to cancel the regen entirely.

Also, why are people playing the game "ig'nant bums"? The game is not yours to monopolize because you seem to think you have sole rights to every zone or somethin'. It doesn't matter if there's 2 people in zone afk, 15 farming over, or 30 dancing at zone in, they're free to do as they please without being sneered at.
    Bromm likes this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

He clearly meant 1k/sec since he was comparing to needing 17 chars with 60 dps to counter because math.
  6. AethDW Elder

Well at least Lord Yelinak is spawning now!

[IMG]
  7. Vaclav Augur

Seems like he's made a friend. Someone should invite Lodizal to the party.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

9. Deadliest Journeyman

Im intrigued to see how the nerfs of the mobs will be.
    To me there is several issues, first being in DW i would like the mobs to be challenging just not regen challenging, on aoe mobs ADD dmg to it, maybe make it less resistable.

But i also want lesser guilds to be able to kill stuff not needing 50+ just to cope with the regen on mobs, let them burn out by tank not having enough hp, or clerics running out of mana, not because the mob just out regens stuff.

But as a DW i sincerely dont hope that we can down everything after the patch with ease please let there be challenge! just not the regen challenge,
  10. Moranis Augur

Right, I meant 1k/s.
    Also, I was being facetious about others being in the zone...easy there tiger. It is a problem, however, if you require a huge raid in a zone when you physically can't get that many people inside.
  11. yerm Augur

Wonder if it would be possible to cap by guild affiliation. Having a hard limit of 72 per guild but unlimited total would be cool.
  12. Kiani Augur

Nah, people would deguild and form new guilds just for that.

But, the mob in question vanquishing those not in the attacking raid to zone in or something like that?
  13. Kiani Augur

By the way, Yelinak is currently up in Skyshrine...

But Derakor the Vindicator is too!
    Syrup likes this.
  14. Silinius Augur

rofl tag team royal rumble?
  15. bored monk Journeyman

So you are hoping to not down everything after the patch with ease?

16. Vaclav Augur

Most people need some chance of failure in order to feel any elation in beating something.

Permanent faceroll mode gets boring.

I'd tend to believe there's some DW in both camps. The one's I know share his view though, but I only know a handful.
  17. Deadliest Journeyman

Yes indeed, for instance by having harder AoS more melee output so its difficult to tank, rampage killing people, positioning.

But i do not want increased difficulty in regen where you need a ton of people just to prevent the mob from regening so only guilds with 50+ people can do it.

Also the mitigation on melee is too high IMO specialy with regards to the regen.

If we damage a mob 2.5 million hp but it has 1mil base, and that amount of dmg made the mob difficult, how about just increasing the mobs HP and removing the regen? that way later a small force with quality can kill mobs too. Now its too much about numbers and not quality IMO.
  18. bored monk Journeyman

It is all good to say that now after your guild already called for more extreme measures to be taken. Which is what they are going to do.

Going back after the fact and saying "oh well we wish it wasn't nerfed into the ground" is interesting. Want me to quote smurfing again?
  19. AethDW Elder

And after a two and a half hour fight, the MoTG is down.

Maybe we can get it repopped again without the ridiculous regen and with some loots better than Ice Spear of Solist?

[IMG]
  20. Smurfing Lorekeeper

When you have no clue of the current content, why bother?

First mob in Sleeper's tomb took 2h+ to kill with 29ppl because of regen being completely ... The tuning is wrong, doesn't mean I want the mobs to be easy so we can steamroll, the way they have done it now is just not good enough.