Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Drakang Augur

And it does reset properly so you can attempt it again. But if you get past the adds be ready for the blades
  2. Arcainos Augur

Would have to agree with the OP. Make this raid a no-cheese.

It's definitely challenging right now, and scamming it is garbage.
  3. Derd Augur

Challenging is fine, calling it a anniversary raid for everyone to use to celebrate and being that challenging is silly. But I'm sure those that think its easy or whatever word they would like to use, are the ones that think having at this point in time only 15 guilds completing Tbm be a good thing. For the health of the game i'll disagree and again wonder why the dev's waste time on content that a tiny fraction of the player base will ever see.
  4. Klak Augur

Raid content in a perfect world would take at least 10 months to beat it all. I would love some challenging events. Maybe the other guilds who haven't beaten it by now need to figure out what they are doing wrong.
  5. wingz-83 Augur

Realistically, they probably don't know how to do anything else? Some of the hardest raids are at the beginnings of expansions instead of the easiest which are later.

It's like the devs have forgotten what makes the game fun and having a pretty hardcore raid only 17th anniversary content proves that to me.

It's like someone said..ok we got the 17th anniversary coming up and then goes I know we should make it raid only and make it a hard one to boot. That'll do it and for everyone else we can have random level 1 gnome races.

I mean, ...why? I have always equated it too having a starting zone go straight in lower guk instead of commonlands. You graduate degrees of difficulty and power not try and F over your player base like you hate them. Sure, some will succeed despite the mountain to climb but does that doesn't mean it should start you at the top, or even the middle.
    Derd and iZealot like this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

The gear that drops is slightly better than TBM raid gear. And the two augments are the best in the game at this time. Based on that premise alone, I can understand making an event be more difficult than TBM raids.

However, this is a limited time six week anniversary raid. It should be a celebration of the game, for everyone to enjoy. Last year everyone could run to a couple islands, kill a couple trash mobs and one named, and get best in slot charm slot augment with 350 h/m/e and IIRC six to all heroics. Players could do that by themselves, or they duo it with a friend. Took them thirty minutes. It was a nice augment that EVERYONE could acquire. This year.... there is literally nothing for the casual or "normal" group player to celebrate in. Unless you think that creating a lvl 1 gnome and running it through Unrest is fun.

I believe my guild will win the anniversary event tonight. We killed the four mini, killed all the blades, learned about positioning and auras and GINA triggers and such last Wednesday on our first night attempt. If we choose to do the event twice per week until it ends in late April, there is a good chance I will be fortunate enough to acquire an augment. And I still believe this is an over tuned, ridiculous challenge for 95% of the player base who will not even have the slightest chance to experience the content.

For an anniversary, that is not right.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Vdidar Augur

Klak will be by shortly to inform you your inferior.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Aghinem like this.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Can't get good, or really do anything at all, when you're stunned for half the event. Hate's Furies is the only reason this content is challenging, and that's because it prevents the players from being able to do anything at all. Plenty of buttons I could be pushing, but stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun...
    Ssdar likes this.
  9. iZealot Lorekeeper

Do you position him in the middle or what? We tried it a few times tonight for the first time. Quite difficult indeed. Got many GINA triggers worked out already for next time, but not sure if still doing positioning, etc, correctly.
  10. Flutegirl Journeyman

With it being 200' range, even if you kept them on the corners and tank boss middle, then the middle is still going to get hit. If the PBAE was 100' range, then it would still achieve what they wanted to do and allow tanking in the middle of the room. So unless you double up on the Fists on one side (good luck getting them there:) ) then there is only one place in the room that Krasnok can be tanked.

[42994] Hate's Furies
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 200'
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 7.8s
    1: Stun for 5s
    2: Dispel (9)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 87555
    Text: A wave of fury crashes over you.
  11. Aghinem Augur

We keep him pinned in the corner; so the casters don't get nailed by the PBAE Scimitar Strike which has 150' range. We got it down to he does it initially after 35 seconds, and then 45 seconds thereafter - so just be prepared to heal right through it. The auras, you can have up to 3 people I think per aura without any penalty effect when the mana drain starts. Just keep those auras reserved for your casters. Not a bad idea to have healing wards all over the place.
  12. Klak Augur

Shrug I'm in the top guild. Imo if you aren't in one of the top 3 guilds you are inferior.
    Jondalar likes this.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

I haven't seen enough of the event to make a definitive statement on it, but the combination of the limited time, trash clear, and absolutely insane drain mechanic means either the event was intended to only be ever beaten by a minority of raiders or it's just plain not tuned as intended.

Good for you. Have a cookie.
    Vdidar likes this.
  14. Drakang Augur

We got it down today. Corner pin him. Tanks pick up the 4 adds. Kill them quick or the AEs will kill you. Paladins Splash non stop. Take him to 42% then burn like hell. 42% get 8 swords that charm anybody they hit. Get 8 more swords every 90 seconds so really have to take him down in under 90 seconds. Swords can be rooted and kited. When he dies you still have to kill any swords that spawned.
  15. Drakang Augur

One other tactic helps. Can send me a tell for it.
  16. Drakang Augur

Oh and they really need to fix the shield. Shield of Dark Waters - Can't put a type 8 aug in it.

Nevermind see they are fixing it.
  17. CaptAmazing Augur

Guess this is the payback we get for them having to put up with all our "Scrap" as the gnome race non-reward eloquently states.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

/rolleyes
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  19. Aghinem Augur

I'm honored. You made an account just to heckle me anonymously.

Though, in typical heckle fashion - you leave out so much information. I'm disappointed you couldn't have at least been more detailed with your slams!

1. Yes, we wiped on our one and only attempt last year to Naggy. As a casual non-raiding guild with only 26 people in raid, and my power going out causing the loss of one of the tanks - we didn't do too bad getting her down to 40%

2. You are right! We did wipe in Chapterhouse. We've never done the event before and were trying to get use to the general mechanics of it! Each attempt, we got better at it. Who said Chapterhouse was an easy event? There are a lot of unforgiving mechanics with some of these.

3. You seem to have left out that we actually have been cleaning house through a lot of the raid content up to Chapterhouse; a lot of first time / first attempt wins.

4. You seem to have left out a lot of the people in our guild have never raided before, our team leaders are slowly training people from the ground up and as far as I am concerned, these people that you denigrated have done remarkable. RoF is a great expansion to train people how to communicate and improve their talents.

5. We cleared all the way through the 17th Anniversary mobs and got to the Captain. Unlike the other two guilds on our server, we attempted to fight him legit - not pull him outside and avoid the mechanics. Now I don't know if the other guilds have beaten the Captain legit yet, but my hats off to them when they do.

On a final note. If you are going to try and troll me, do a better job of it. At least be a man and stop hiding under your desk behind a fake handle because you are afraid of being exposed. Be a man, don't be a coward calling a guild that had 101 people online tonight scrubs. Obviously, we are doing something right.
  20. Zamiam Augur

agree , i think its hilarious someone would create a new account just to troll lol