Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Perhaps some rare chase item like a mana conversion or endurance regen click should be included on the mini-bosses for groupers/casual raiders.
  2. Derd Augur

Well I apologize to the other members of roi your definitely not number 2.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Honestly, I can't think of much worse than having to plow the trash of that instance with a group instead of a raid. Would take forever and be duller than pohate/pofear trash clears combined. Casual/non raiders don't really deserve to have that inflicted on em imo.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Reval Augur

There's only one man who can put Klak on ice. Stand back everyone as I become a monster so that I can fight yet another monster.

Doctors are furious at this mom's one weird trick to fight aging.

You can't click it because it's not clickbait. It's Klakbait.
    Bahdah and Klak like this.
  5. wingz-83 Augur

Unfortunately it seems like the devs are more in like with Klak's way of thinking than what is bolded above. Now if that is some sort of distain for most of the playerbase, a lot of ignorance on how good the majority of the playerbase is skillwise, or something else entirely the result is the same....significant amounts of people aren't having fun. Which one would think would be the objective of an anniversary event. This is supposed to be a celebration right?
    Derd likes this.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

Rewards are typically commensurate with the difficulty of an event.
    If they had gone the route of making it such that virtually everyone could just go in and beat it then I would suspect the stats on the items would be significantly less than what they are now.
  7. wingz-83 Augur

Even if they cut the gear a bit and the augs to like 1/5 or 1/4 their power guilds would still go after them to make it so a larger share of the player base can actually have fun and win. I know many of the higher end guilds wouldn't make that trade but I bet a lot of the player base would. It's like the ToFS raids awhile back, you could form pickup raids and win but with this event? No probably not..and that is a shame.
  8. Iila Augur

As I gazed long into the abyss, the abyss gazed back into me and said "get good, bro".
    Sancus and Klak like this.
  9. MrMajestykx Augur

pick raids are beating PoW ....this raid is not harder. Just saying.
  10. Riou EQResource

Dunno, like all the Anniversary Raid content before last years PoWar, the difficulty was equal to the easiest raids in current expansion at the time or a little easier then that for the most part, while also dropping gear equivalent to the highest tier of gear from the current expansion at the time or slightly better then that.
    Sancus, Derd, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  11. Drakang Augur

I think the timing on the auras to the mist is also very variable. Have seen the auras up with no mist and seen the mist go almost the whole cycle with no auras. 2 ticks late would be semi manageable. However, not all guild have enough beastlords or bards to keep all the groups fed with mana. The blades really should not be an issue if you have the DPS to get past the 4 adds. Have never seen the stuns happening outside when an add is up.

Meaning that this can be easy or hard depending on the luck of what is working and not. Hell finally saw the tentacles from the kraken one time out of a few hours learning it initially.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

^
    ToFS for example had some pretty nice stuff relative to current raid loot, augs were more readily obtainable, and it was a good bit more fun than this year's.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

also just wanna say for those saying its to hard etc....then cheese the raid till its fixed if thats the case win outside, block the buff, phat lewts for all problem solved.
  14. Triconix Augur

They hot fixed it so you cannot drag the boss outside (thank god)
  15. Klak Augur

Muhahahaha!
  16. MrMajestykx Augur

well then doesn't that just rain on everyone's parade.
    Bahdah likes this.
  17. bbanz Elder

Isn't the Mists hp based while the auras are time based?
  18. menown Augur

Speaking of the augs, why doesn't the caster aug have HSta?
  19. Iila Augur

PoWar was made for a 100 level cap, that gives a lot of extra room in being sloppy for people doing it now.

I really liked ToFS. The final fight could get chaotic, but wouldn't instantly wipe the raid if the adds were running around. Along with all the different mechanics and bonus bits spread around, it was a cool series of events with enough challenge to make them fun without being frustrating.

Anniversary content should be more like that, inclusive and fun. Not aimed at challenging RoI, like PoWar. Who knows what the intended difficulty for Hate's Fury is, testing and tuning raids is apparently still against DBG policy.

Highly challenging content should be permanent and at the top end of raid progression. RoI loves those hard raids, but most guilds aren't RoI and never will be. So don't put out exclusive content to the masses of casuals like it's some kind of gift for the them to smash their faces into for two months.
    Imrahil, Cloudia, Fnyanea and 5 others like this.
  20. Klak Augur

Dunno its messed up! rabble rabble rabble
    I need to get augs. I havent cared enough to camp augs since HoT. eyyyy