XP Updates Coming to Phinigel, Ragefire & Lockjaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Crayon123 Augur

Well, this is good news. Will start playing again, hopefully its not too small like 5-15%.
  2. Gumby Augur

Still makes zero sense to have a faster unlock server be the slowest experience. You all need to actually mix up a tall glass of Common Sense prior to making decisions.
    Drexll likes this.
  3. Quester New Member

Hello, my name is Quester, and I am a filthy casual.

First, I would like to express my sadness that the "quest" is being pushed out of EverQuest.

I understand that some players' abuse of quests have made it seem in the best interests of the game's moderators to push those players away from quests and toward slaughter of creatures for experience. However, this abuse was enabled by the developers long ago, whether they knew it or not, and the fix is much simpler than pulling out the rug under those of us who live on questing.

Does anyone remember the time when to complete a quest, you had to hand in the items to the npc by clicking each item out of a stack and loading up the 4 slots of the trade window 1 per slot? How you would get an error message saying that you could not trade stacks of items? The only reason a player could gain levels 50+ in minutes by handing in bone chips, or farming fire beetle eyes afk made sense is that you can hand in 4 stacks of an item, thanks to a change made some time ago, and what might have taken hours or days in the past, can now be done in just a few clicks.

It wasn't that long ago that I learned how the term "sandbox" related to mmo games, and now it seems that there was no point in me learning that term, since the sandbox experience is being done away with more and more. Yes, I CAN still quest to my heart's content, but I feel as though I'm being pushed to grind levels and join raids.

Anyway, enough of my crying.

As an earlier poster said, we can only hope that only these low level, newbie style quests are taking the hit from the nerf bat, and not quests designed for higher level content. Or, as a compromise, how about leaving quest exp intact, and remove the ability to hand in stacks of items.... I promise, few, if any players will hand in 10,000 bone chips if they have to put 1 per trade slot, and if they have that kind of commitment to developing carpal tunnel syndrome, more power to them on their experience gain.

Back to the game of EverGrind, see you in there.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  4. GrugSA Augur

What makes you think logic played a part in this decision
    Bignheavy likes this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

As usual to little to late, not coming back for an unstated boost which means hey were nerfing all other ways to get exp and throwing you a 5% kill bonus. No thanks. I'll check back if/when you all make the experience comparable to RF/LJ
    Drexll likes this.
  6. Xars Journeyman

Hmmm... Seems that DBG just validated that exp on Phinny was too low.

So for all of you who've been saying it's fine, stop complaining, how many of you are now going to admit you were wrong?

I'm curious how much accurate self-reflection exists on these boards.
    Kahrul, Drexll and Bignheavy like this.
  7. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

M thoughts exactly. In my instance, most of my leveling was done with double exp, but aside from that getting to 50 would be tedious otherwise. I would rather do other things outside the game, rather than make an alt and re-level. If the increase is near the level of double exp it gives me, personally, a reason to log on more consistently and level some alts a few hours every couple of nights. As it is the way now, the effort is just not worth the reward, and many people feel that way.
  8. Zandez Lorekeeper

In all honesty the xp really isn't a factor PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE implement raid instancing!!!!!!!
  9. Rhodz Augur

Since they are being so cagey about this one has to assume it is in response to drop in revenue.
    The last 7 months pretty well closed the door on TLPs as far as we are concerned, god what a mess.
    But utterly predictable looking back.
  10. Asheran Augur

Unless the new XP rate on Phinny is as much as it is when there is double exp, or better, I don't expect it to make many people come back. My SK on Phinny is lvl 10. I only play when double exp is on. I can't stomach it otherwise. Even then, it feel slow for my taste, so I still barely play (as evident by the fact that I am lvl 10).
  11. Numiko Augur

I'm a bit surprised they are upping the exp on ragefire and lockjaw, I do not recall any great uproar on those severs about slow exp rates.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  12. nostalgicfool Augur

Took forever to go from 40 to 41.2 in a quite decent Frenzy group, dps was decent
    and puller ok but it still took like 4 hours.

Nerfing quest XP is a very lame and lazy idea, the polar bear pelt quest and the gnoll fang one
    are nice (and CB belt + Lego shoulderpath too).

The issue with firebeetle eyes is that they stack and that people can farm them, they don t even have to break the eula doing so ... they may simply push a key of their keyboard while doing something else.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  13. Tulgin Augur

Account subscriptions are running out in the next day or 2 for most people. They won't tell you the XP rate, you need to resubscribe and see for yourself.

14. EradzEQ Elder

Im pretty sure there will be updates on here with numbers :)
  15. Brumski Augur

Patch is a month too late, but I'm glad they're doing it. Phinny at double exp was in a good spot. If the update raises it to at least that, I expect there will be an insurge of lowbies who burned out and a lot of alt levelling.

I'm surprised that they didn't go all out and add instancing to LF and RJ, but that would probably cause a lot of people to leave PA if they can get instances and box.
  16. Brumski Augur

I agree that they should have just nerfed specific quests (wine, beetles, and to an extent, belts) Most other quests are not done often enough to warrant a massive nerf to their exp.
  17. Vaclav Augur

I'm pretty sure the Phin improvement will be around 2X XP - looking at it logically.

Only reason I can see them justifying RF/LJ speeding up is that Phin XP would be getting "too close to make the nerfed XP relevant" which 33% penalty likely would be - I'd expect that Phin will get "permanent double XP" to 66% of current RF/LJ rate and RF/LJ will get something like 50%.

Would still narrow the comparative gap to just over 2x from 3x - but would still keep it a substantial XP difference between the two.
  18. frankie78227 Augur

19. kain200 Augur

I'm in the same boat. I had a cleric up to about level 7, a necro up to 5 and a druid up to 5. All done on double exp weekends. Even the double exp was crappily slow in my opinion. If all they do is raise the exp to double (and honestly...do you really think they'll increase it THAT much? I sure don't. When have they ever just up and doubled the exp rate?) it still is going to be a pain to level just not as bad as before. I'm a guy that loves playing alts. I rarely stick to one main until I get a few alts up high and decide which is needed more by a guild etc. Even at double the current rate, its going to be sucky.

I'm still waiting to hear a legitimate response from a dev as to why Phinigel absolutely must remain at a slower exp rate than the other progression servers while at the same time having the fastest unlock schedule.
  20. Venthos Augur

I am withholding commentary until we see the actual differential in play.

If it's a slight tweak to a minor percentage, then it won't have that much of an impact and I can live with that.

If they effectively make the rate what Phinigel is when it currently goes into double xp weekends, then I say we're going to see this forum flooded with "there's nobody around my level to group with because everyone is L1-10 or L45-50 with nobody in between" inside of 30 days, and that's when people will start going after the True Box policy and say lack of boxing is killing the server because they can't get organic groups.

I still feel the current XP rate is fine, and I am saddened by this change, but I imagine DBG wants to have X percent of population at 50 by March 2nd. Nothing I can do to change this now, so unlike the increase XP group, I will live with it and not flood a 50+ page thread crying about it. However, if this is a major boost in XP rate, then my time in Phinigel is numbered. Should another server spawn that's effectively original Phinigel (true box, instancing, and slow xp), I will likely abandon to that server. I'm not here to level to 50 inside of a single weekend, I'm here for the social experience.