A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drexll Augur

Yeah, Im one of those people. Had the XP difference been announced ahead of time I probably wouldnt have. Now Ive got some (now devalued) krono on my account, and a naked lvl 54 toon on Ragefire.

Thanks a lot, DBG! ..|..
    Dynian and B1A2C3D6 like this.
  2. Lucy Elder

I cannot believe they are going to let this simmer through the weekend.

Hey DBG! YOU HAVE 84 DAYS PER EXPAC WITH THIS SLOW XP RATE? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? You let us down once again.

Some people just will never admit they were wrong. OR, this is all a cash grab for people to buy xp pots. Either way, you look bad DBG.
    Elkay likes this.
  3. Ambee Elder

It's crazy how many people are white Knighting DBG for nickel and diming them like this. Glad you guys aren't too busy telling the world how great of a guy Martin Shkreli is

If this were a f2p server then this would be fine and expected. But requiring a sub AND making the game a ridiculous grind unless they she'll out extra $ is just shady.
    Finwen and Elkay like this.
  4. Eniner Augur

So the everquest community cries they wanted a true prog server with out boxing on a single machine. Everquest grants you the closest thing to classic they can you once again no one but a few who really wanted it complains.... Why not play the way we had to back in the day at the some what rate we had to? You sold your gear bought a lot krono for new server so what resell the krono on lockjaw or ragefire and cop back some of your money before a bigger loss sets in. The exp rate there is amazing finally a server players cannot rush to the top to be the best but instead neat same pace beside the few elites. The reasons raid mobs where killed so quickly does not matter as they are preventing that from happening again. So be happy everything is fair =D
    Tinytinker likes this.
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

You're welcome Phinigel!
    Silv likes this.
  6. RainbowTest Augur

I just can't wait for them to finally scam the progression enthusiasts enough to scare all the money away. The newest expansion was so unbelievably bad for the end game eq gamers and Phinnie is a complete scam, a legit obvious casual gamer predatory scam and yet people still play and pay. Unbelievable. Especially if yall go back and read Holly's famous quote about casual gamers. Its literally as if the people in charge literally hate human beings now.
    Finwen and Elkay like this.
  7. Dreftan Elder

Stressing this. The old versions of the bosses were miles easier than the buffed versions currently on progression servers.

Mages were MUCH stronger than they are now.

Incredible that people still buy this excuse for an xp nerf.
    Elkay likes this.
  8. taliefer Augur

yea, but i mean, on lockjaw naggy was killed by a bunch of mid 30s and , maybe some low 40s. not even max level
  9. Tinytinker Augur

Why would you strip all your gear before you got the chance to play on Phinney and decide whether you actually like the new server? =/
    MBear likes this.
  10. Infini New Member

11. Friday Augur

Love the new, slower xp. I am making the switch from playing caster for years to playing melee and pulling, and the extra time is actually affording me adequate time to learn a new class.

Anyone 15+ by the end of this weekend can be safely assumed to be a solid, dedicated player. That's a good thing in my book.
    kraggnar likes this.
  12. FarHelm1 Elder

Open Letter to Day Break Games (DBG)

Thank you for the new TLP server, we appreciate the work you do there, and please allow the reaction on the forum be a reflection of how passionate we are about the game. As many of you know by now, I myself hold strong opinions regarding the new TLP server.

Most of us were extremely excited about the new ruleset, albeit slightly put off by the quick expansion unlocks. The fact however that this would strongly enforce anti-botting and instanced raid encounters held great expectations by the majority of us who don't have the free time to spend hours in PoF among others waiting for a contended raid boss to spawn, or watch high value camps such as frenzy held by the same single person.

I lived that life, I was in TL for quite a while and watched dispicable actions, but from a business standpoint, I totally got it. A botter is a customer like anyone else, but they also pay 6-12x as much as anyone else. It makes sense, I don't hate it because I see it as a neccesary means to keep the franchise alive.

To bring us back to present day, Phinigel. Everyone was shocked to see the exp changes there. Many see this as a cash grab for exp pots. I do see some element of that, but perhaps I'm naive, I don't want to believe DBG is that nefarious. The exp potion hardly returns you to RF/LJ rates, merely bumping you to approximately 41% of those rates from 33%. If income was the issue, I'm sure there's plenty of folks who would gladly pay double, or triple, subscription fees for a "casual-friendly" no-microtransaction server with no botting/instanced raids.

In any case, the purpose behind a progression server is to experience content in order that it was released. It's pretty simple; the math isn't there for the vast majority of the community to accomplish such. Can the majority experience Naggy/Vox during Kunark, sure. I'm looking at the long game, and by this rate, there will be level 100s by the time the rest of us are finishing Planes of Power. That is not the spirit behind TLP.

Are there other servers, yes. Do they have the same rulesets (anti-botting, instanced raids), no. So I see a few options here. Obviously the ship has sailed to correct the exp gain here on Phinigel. There's been some great suggestions from the angered masses here, from yet another TLP server to modifying the rulesets on existing servers.

Many of us have a year plus to find something in this MMO niche before Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia take off where EQ left off. There is really no good reason not to give what so many of us are asking for.
    Elkay likes this.
  13. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

Seriously. Glad some of us cashed out for this. Surprised DBG is afloat on any level.
  14. Silv Augur

Because stupid.

For some god forsaken reason people thought this was the casual server because of raid instancing. That was foolish. Raid instancing helps the serious raiders who aren't the #1 batphone guild. It was never so every casual and their brother could do raid content. That's just absurd and thinking that was going to be the case shows the extreme level of disillusionment of a chunk of the TLP playerbase.

When advertised as "faster paced" how in the world could you possibly equate that with super conducive to "casual" play? Casual players go at a SLOOOOOOOW pace. The exact opposite of this server. While people will say the slower XP rate is the opposite of fast paced, well, all of the raiders will be max level within 2ish weeks. That's still fast paced... QQ
    Steampunk and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  15. Ambee Elder

Oh look, someone who thinks super slow exp = fast pace. derp derp derp
    Drexll likes this.
  16. Warlain Lorekeeper

lol
  17. Trevalon Augur

How is the "Faster pace" even being considered to be used by the Pro-slow exp crowd? It is the most counter intuitive part of that whole FAQ to slower EXP and yet some people here are actually touting it as a net win for slow exp?

How does: "Experience the game at a faster pace" equate to "The slowest experience on an EQ server to date since classic"

Seriously, How did any of you pass reading comprehension and context clues on your state tests in school?

Argue whatever point you want, but using the "faster pace" as meaning that we would get crawl exp is completely insane.
    Drexll likes this.
  18. Tachyon Augur

I know it doesn't matter, but goodbye!
  19. Silv Augur

Your lack of ability to read, let alone understand, my post leaves me speechless. Given you are supposedly quitting by the amount of tears you've shed in this forum I'm not going to bother explaining it again.

Because SLOWER EXP will have 0 effect on people the server was designed for... Again, you seem to be deluded by the misconception this was a casual server. The intended audience (mid to high-level raiders) will now take 2 weeks to get raid-ready instead of 1 and then will farm the hell out of the server especially with raid instances. I'm sorry that the crawling XP rate has hindered your dreams but for the raiders it's added an insignificant amount of time to the fast-paced expansion releases and content consumption. They will get MOAR raid content MOAR quickly and the slower XP rate is an inconvenience at best for a week or two compared to other TLP servers.

Now... if you want to get personal and discuss reading comprehension/education levels I'm sure I'll demolish you so let's just sweep that under the rug.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  20. Niedar New Member

I think I would be fine with this XP nerf if the progression was changed to either 4 or 5 months instead of 3. I think that is a perfectly fine compromise and should be taken under serious consideration.
    Your_Ad_Here and Elkay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.