EXP Rates on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scaramanga82, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Check out project gorgon. they have an old way of approaching new mmorpgs. It looks very promising.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. B1A2C3D6 Journeyman

http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/24/everquests-bot-free-progression-server-is-coming-december-9th/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ression-server-coming-weds-dec-9-2015.228378/

Mad because I got something that wasn't advertised at all, you are correct. Even better I am utterly pissed off. I hate wasting money...I guess I should consider Daybreak to be in that category from now on.
    Drexll likes this.
  3. FarHelm1 Elder

I don't think folks are complaining so much just about the xp rates, but in conjunction with 3 month xpansions. Classic had 13 months on live before Kunark. So to compare xp rates between the two is ludicrous.
    Rhodz likes this.
  4. Rhodz Augur

5. Slartibartfast Journeyman

How some people here envision DBG evil meetings to steal your money:

[IMG]

Reality:

[IMG]
    Your_Ad_Here and Zublak like this.
  6. Lateryn Augur

Fixed that for you.
  7. MBear Augur

There was also a constant influx of new players to keep servers healthy.
    If they want to keep a server populated now, they need to slow it down and spread it out.
    Lots of casuals were not even close to 50 when Kunark came out originally, either.
  8. Banai Augur

You are correct we had a ton more time then. We also didn't have maps, incresed damage on certain classes/pets, near the amount of knowledge available today, or the pc's and isp speeds to do the things that are possible now.

Back then boxxing was never an issue because 95% of the player base didn't have the pc's strong enough or the isp that could cover the connections. It took most people MONTHS not weeks to cap in classic. Even if this server takes the avg person 3 weeks to cap that is still less than 50% of the original time frame. People seem to forget how bad it was then. Yet when they give the community exactly what they want, people are up in arms over it.

The funniest thing about the entire rants and arguements over all this is that there are 3 TLP servers and like 20 live ones. All of which have different rule sets. If you don't like the xp on Phinny but want a TLP pick one of the other 2. If you want to box then any server other than phinny is there for you. If you want to solo more then live servers are probably best. There are servers for everyone. Instead people want the newest TLP to cover every single thing on their wishlist ... newsflash it won't ever happen. There is always something you won't like.

I'm not advocating for the xp drop. I don't really like it but it is not a deal breaker for me. It means I spend more time leveling. Whoopty freaking do. I get what I wanted which is instancing so if that is the trade off for it then so be it. Everyone needs to quit crying over the trivial that does nothing but have you playing the game for a few more days. By week 4 most will be raid logging anyway
    Massimo_Bertoxx likes this.
  9. Lateryn Augur

The expansion coming and you not being 50 with max gear is not a bad thing. Having your population spread out across the entire game is actually healthy for the server.

If you can't hit 50 in ~13 weeks, you are super casual and should realize what type of player you are. Playing a couple hours a day + more on weekends, will easily get you 50 in a 4-6 weeks. Unless you log in and spend your time doing no leveling.
    Massimo_Bertoxx and MBear like this.
  10. Scaramanga82 New Member

All I'm looking for is something official. For me personally I love the idea of this server, but for what I would like to accomplish and my playtime. It would take me about a month and a half to 2 months to get max level and endgame raiding is what I'm here for. At that rate I "might" see 4 bosses before kunark and the same grind over again.

Not QQing, just looking for some clarity. Trying to decide if I need to find something else to cull my mmo craving.

Thanks all
  11. Galleyan Augur

I have no real issues with the exp rate -- it stinks, but it's not a deal breaker; what I have issues with is the clear bait and switch tactic. I made plans based on what I believed to be fair assumptions (that anything not covered in the FAQ/posts would be the same as RF/LJ). Super bad form. I made day 1 & 2 plans based on those assumptions, and I would have definitely done many things totally differently had I known going into it what the reality would be.
    Drexll likes this.
  12. MBear Augur

Are you asking for an official statement like "this is on purpose" or "this is a bug we will be fixing"?
    Wasn't quite clear in your question. Not that DBG ever answers the actual question asked, in any case.
  13. JethroGibbs Journeyman

Maybe they just want to let you experience all the content at its intended level. Wanted to go camp an item off a level 30 mob in mistmoore? Do it at 30!
  14. Rhodz Augur

The defensive phase...

It was not a trade off, one does not depend on the other.
    It was a conscience decision to spring this on the players, the results are entirely predictable.

BTW you do know a logical objection is not a rant ... right?
  15. FarHelm1 Elder

Lets see DBG crack down on RMT and then watch every one of those defending this nonsense cry themselves to sleep. Not hard to track...nobody legitimately "gifts" kronos to people you've never interacted with before.
    Drexll likes this.
  16. Lateryn Augur

You are here for endgame raiding, but it will take you 2 months to get 50? That's some lofty expectations for a very very casual play style.

Even if you went back to old exp, it would take you a month-1.5 months to get to 50, so then you see 8 bosses and still be disappointed.

I think you just need to realize your situation isn't the greatest for these servers if your goal is "Endgame". Especially if you think you should be doing all content in era and be current. Your goals are clashing directly with your play style. Not a good combo.
  17. Scaramanga82 New Member

Just wondering if it was intended is all and if not will it be addressed/fixed. I should have reworded the forum post subject, but honestly I didn't think it was going to blow up like it did.
  18. Kroak Journeyman

This could simply be a failure to communicate, either within the team or from the team to the community, or it could be an unintended implementation of the exp rates, where they neglected to boost it, and nobody noticed until it was live, or a bug emerged.

In any event, I hope this is rectified and the exp rates are set to that of RF/LJ, as I don't anticipate purchasing EXP potions or spending twice as long leveling as I had previously, especially given I have already tired of Classic content from having been on RF.
  19. Scaramanga82 New Member

While I do agree with you on some aspects. I was able to achieve this on ragefire. My mistake may have come from the fact I thought this would be similar to ragefire/lockjaw with instancing.
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'm doing a 12 days of christmas giveaway and one of those prizes is going to be a krono to someone I have never ever met before.

It does happen.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.