EXP Rates on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scaramanga82, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurySoul Augur

I agree they did do it intentionally. I also think its working wonderfully, but as a company they will do whats best economically and keeping people from leaving is a big focus for them. As it stands I wonder how they can determine what amount of the player base is liking this exp rate vs what amount dislikes it.Also what amount of unhappy players will quit vs will continue to play.

Since people didn't want any kind of voting process, Phinny is a non-voting server (good work anti-voters).

So it leaves me to believe that if enough people want a change they should use the proper site and band together to up vote it enough times to gain traction with the devs, and then add that with the forum crusade and in game feed backs.

best of luck to you.
  2. FurySoul Augur

good job. I suggest you make an OP for it as youll want to gain as many votes on it as possible to strengthen your cause. I dont think you can edit posts, pretty sure i ran into that issue before (a little annoying), but you can just add in the comments box (which is what I do)

PS: Good luck (truly) (also I am going to vote up your issue tracker, just because I am proud that you made the effort!)
  3. Until We Felt Red Augur

I think you have a good attitude and I agree with some of your points, but you're definitely not going to get 5 levels a week after the first few weeks, if that. I do agree on the quests though. Makes them more worthwhile. I honestly don't even have a problem with the slow XP once you're 10+ or so and you have some meaningful gameplay in front of you.
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

The change of experience when setting up Phinigel was intentional. It’s unfortunate that this wasn’t messaged prior to the launch of the server and we’ll be working to improve our communication.

If you compare experience gains on Phinigel to gains on Ragefire and Lockjaw, players will notice they earn experience at a slower rate on Phinigel. If you compare Phinigel to EverQuest’s launch in 1999, players will notice that they earn experience at a much faster rate on Phinigel.

On Ragefire and Lockjaw, some players hit the max level quickly and guilds were able to kill bosses within the first few days on these servers. For Phinigel the team has decided to create a different server experience for players. While we’ll continue to monitor the rate that players level on Phinigel, there are no plans at this time to change the current rate of XP gain. As a team, we feel that the rate of XP gain on Phinigel is appropriate for this server.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by lack of notification about this detail of the server, and we’re grateful for your continued support!

--

I'm closing this, so this response doesn't get lost. Feel free to continue this discussion in the new thread here.
    Rorce and FurySoul like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.