Seller of Salvaged Souls

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bareldi, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Bareldi New Member

It is my understanding that this NPC sells the book "The Lost Art of Working With Wither and Decay" .

I've been looking for it for several days now in Demiplane of Decay. At first I spent several hours making the rounds of all the vendors/dealers in the booths in the central area of the zone. I also looked at the ones in the market area, but none of them seem to offer anything for sale.

Since then I've left a tracker up in zone even when I am not actively playing, and check for the seller name on track frequently, day and night. I've not seen it even once.

Am I missing something? Am I in the wrong zone? Is this NPC not trackable? Is it no longer spawning?

It should not be this hard to find a tradeskill book.

Edit: I also heard a rumor that the NPC could spawn in instances, and so thought of trying that. I spawned a few instances, and in some of them there were vendors and brokers in the booths during the daytime. But none of these would sell me anything at all. So I suspect that even if the book seller spawned in an instance it would do me no good.
    Viper1 likes this.
  2. Viper1 Augur

3. Riou EQResource

It doesn't sell anything in instances, they don't de-pop during their inactive period so he can't spawn I guess and they are un-killable in Demiplane of Decay (you can kill the ones in Life I think, but he cant pop in that one)
  4. Iila Augur

Damn, too bad the zone crashing druid pet didn't make it live. It would have been the only way to farm for that guy.
  5. Thraine Augur

Dont worry Bareldi, once you get the book that guy will be up everytime you zone into decay lol

Thats how it was for me, took about a week to find him, now i see him all the time
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  6. Endless Augur

In the "large housing area" in the room next to an unpleasant bureaucrat or a gleeful resident depending if you're on decay or life side. On life side, that room has a door and is locked, even to a rogue with a lockpick. I was camping gleeful resident there for a while and would often see a named merchant returning to that room.

On decay side, that room has no door and when I first ran my rogue in there, there was only two mobs in the room, both "an arm muncher". I ran my rogue to that room to use the mirror so he'd pop back to life side behind the locked door so I could check if the named merchant does sells something different in the room or if there are groundspawns. However, only "a merchant" showed up, so guessing that is the placeholder.

So I mirrored my rogue back to decay side to see if a merchant type mob showed up there. No merchant mob, but now there are three "an arm muncher" in that room on decay side.
  7. Drakang Augur

Seems to move around between the houses in the NE section of the zone.
  8. Sostenes Augur

So there is a way to spawn the Seller of Salvaged Souls? I thought that he would just be a random spawn, without the players having to do anything to spawn him? I dont know why it upsets me that I cant find him, its not like I have the cloth items required to actually craft the heroes forge items lol I came across a couple of the plate items to make stuff with, but since I didnt have the book or knew about the book, i destroyed them ahaha
  9. Bareldi New Member

A couple of posts here report seeing "a named merchant" in housing areas. One says he wanders between houses in the NE section, anther says "the big housing section".

I've been watching track in the Demiplane of Decay on Povar server for weeks now, and I have not seen "Seller of Salvaged Souls" on track at all.

I suppose they could have made the mob non-trackable as well as very rare or hidden behind a puzzle, but that would be an extraordinary level of sheer meanness.

Could you guys clarify?

Are you talking about seeing "Seller of Salvaged Souls" in the NE housing section?
    Is either of you on Povar?
  10. Orbital101 Augur

He was trackable on beta and even showing up on find. I doubt there is a way to spawn him and spawn is just some what broken on some servers.
  11. Lily Augur

12. segap Augur

Best guess is he has a script to spawn/despawn and that script is broken. You get what you get when the server/zone comes up. Would explain some servers always seeing him and others never.
  13. Lily Augur

I saw him up right after the last patch. Prior to that, no one on the server was able to find him.
  14. DCPD158 Elder

Been going through a number of cycles since the servers came up. So far, same mobs (a merchant - troll and a dealer - rat) in the same stalls. I think there might be a glitch and they aren't despawning/respawning after they return to their home point. Or... maybe I'm just unlucky.
  15. Randragon Augur

Have you tried killing his PH?

When I got him it was the merc closest to the mayors office on the east by north east side of the center merchant tents. Or maybe the first one or two tents on that east side closest to the mayors office. Something like that.
  16. Randragon Augur

I just tried killing those dealers. Won't let me kill them.
    RPoo likes this.
  17. DCPD158 Elder

Two days so far and the same mobs spawning and taking up positions in the same stalls. I do believe this is broken on Tunare.
  18. Silv Augur

Haven't found him on Bristle either.
  19. Ealdien New Member

Still looking after two weeks. I have petitioned, which was ignored (they told me to bug it) and have bugged it on several accounts, but they never give you feedback. Can someone from Day Break role play for a few and pretend that they give a crap. At least let us know if its broke or not and that you hear us.

Ealdien
  20. Riou EQResource

Iila likes this.