The "No box" Server Information

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Tris Augur

Problem about the anti box crusade is that the most radical fanAtics cannot see the differense between innoscent manusl two boxers and money farm bot factories
  2. Rhodz Augur

To make SoE money knowing exactly what would follow was a way to convert IRL wealth into in game wealth. I am sure at the time the expectation was that the game would have been shutdown by now and everyone playing EQ Nextwhatever, a cash grab in short. Nothing really wrong with the idea unless one of course wishes to play this game without the RMT.

To end the krono DBG has to see that more can be made without it than with it, all other considerations being moot, then it would end posthaste. This could be done but of course when dealing with sacred cows logic rides in the trunk, bound and gagged.

First they have to understand there is a future to this game but it requires what seems to be in very short supply, imagination.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  3. Frenzic Augur

I think we'll be going to 80 boxes sooner than later! Just made a huge stride in the past couple days. Check out my new setup. 39 accounts running at 14% cpu 18% ram. #Beastmode

[IMG]
  4. Kerberos New Member

The simple problem with trying to prevent cheating or legitimate boxing with a client server setup is that packets are subject to modification before they return to the server. This will result in the honest boxers being the only ones stopped.
  5. code-zero Augur

Greedy?

No, I forsee the rabid anti-boxers seeing boxed groups and bots in every camp and group that they don't know. Little cliques form and spend time hiding around pieces of terrain to spy on those they consider suspicious.

The irony will of course be that many of these vigilantes will themselves box each others accounts frequently in the belief that they are justified because of "cheaters"
    Tronk likes this.
  6. Jezzie Augur

I think Daybreak are going to have to clearly define what "they" consider botting.
    It seems to be right now that they are just considering the large bot crews to be bots whereas many players would consider afk and pet targeting to be forms of botting, myself included.
    No doubt there will be a degree of paranoia on both sides of the boxing argument. So many players have been wanting a clean server for so long that it's a fair assumption they'll be reporting anything that looks suspect. I know some players that box just want to be left alone to do their own thing. They might have a better time on Ragefire/Lockjaw.
    It's adding fuel to the fire when people are discussing the various workarounds for botting on a no bot server. Of course people are going to be vigilant. I hope that Daybreak can deliver, but if I'm honest I don't see how.
    Maybe if the punishment were to fit the crime such as account wipes including mules then maybe that would be a deterrent to players that wish to destroy the integrity of the server.

Personally I don't see how it's possible for anybody to 6 box without some form of automation but the tlp's are always an educating experience. I know a few players plan on doing it and if I'm bored sometime I may ask if it's cool to sit and watch but that's not paranoia, just curiosity.

Lockjaw has been a cool server and I've met many good people and had a lot of laughs, but this nonsense with the end game/raiding is tiresome and I expect things will get much worse in Kunark (or better if sitting around for hours waiting on a mob to spawn is your thing!).
    I don't see as many bot crews tbh but then the prices are dropping on everything. Same guys in the planes but I guess it's not worthwhile on regular content anymore I'm assuming we'll see them return for the first few months of Kunark.

I hope DBG looks into special TLP heroic toons to sell in the market place. As long as there is a market for maxed toons on RMT sites, then hogging zones to PL toons will always be an issue.
  7. Vaclav Augur

I've done it at times, it looks much less like my alt characters are mercs and much more like it's a group of people that are on a heavy dose of NyQuil and about to fall asleep though. Really slow reaction times compared to a normal person - plus plenty of errors where I'll hit a key to do something on the wrong window and start the wrong spell/ability for no real reason.

It works as a non-utility user, but involves a much slower approach.
  8. lalaloup Augur

This may not make sense as you're basing your opinion of the future in fear but it could be helpful to realize that this has not yet come to pass.

I tend to trust my intuiton, and personally I forsee a lot of trolls trying to make people think whatever they need too to get the biggest emotional response. (but mostly it will be people just wanting to play eq oldschool style)

Don't want this to turn in to a self fulfilling prophesy? Stop telling the trolls where your buttons are, and what sequence to press to bring about meltdown.
  9. code-zero Augur

I'm basing it on the jerk behavior by anti boxing zealots I had the misfortune to encounter when I attempted to play on Ragefire. Nasty bunch of jerks
    Tronk likes this.
  10. Kyde New Member

LOL at frenzic ranting about bone chips and getting that fixed LOL URBAD.
  11. wyataegorn New Member

dont know why they just enforce their own policies

2. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the Game Master involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed

Kill stealing is a form of game mechanic harassment and inconvenience in game,but by your own policy you say you will not enforce

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.
  12. lalaloup Augur

Yeah, thats what I meant by fear.

So, instead of worrying about it through text why not refocus on to something useful?

Like requesting that abuse of reporting and harassing be treated no differently than botting.

Or anything thats not "oh no, the future! It's gonna be bad!"
  13. code-zero Augur

Actually I'm not worrying about it, I just see the same attitude expressed on these forums that I got from the taunts of pitiful losers who'd train a 3 box crew at an orc camp in an almost empty pick of commonlands.

Honestly I was ready to quit anyway. Pickup groups just reminded my why I'd come to loath and hate pickup groups and start boxing in the first place. And boxing in a classic enviroment is as boring as watching paint dry even if it was slightly less boring than the inane chatter and poor play that you have to endure in a TLP pickup group :p I said that's it, got my crew all squared away and camped and didn't look back
  14. Kruggan New Member

Good - one less elitist to deal with. /wave bye
  15. Osangar Journeyman

I can't wait till this server is launched so I can escape the douchebagery that is FI. All was going well till this these ***clowns got greedy.
  16. Goodnews Augur

1 human, 1 character for 1 server out of over 20+
    And still there is think-tank. No need for further clarification, exceptions, reasoning, logic, etc x Infinity...
  17. Tris Augur

That is not what is i the plans though. Only in your dreams
  18. Frenzic Augur

For the record, I'm fine with this. Daybreak needs to make it official though. I always play by the rules so if they say no boxing, I won't. As it stands now we have no official word. Holly posted on Twitter about one account per machine but who knows what the final rule set will be.
  19. Steampunk Augur

Unfortunately, douchebagery is inescapable. Nothing about the new server can completely prevent it. The question remains whether it can be reduced to tolerable levels.
    Vaclav likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Pessimistic, but true - I know for me unless it's completely botched it will, thankfully. But I've only got a few issues that I place high priority on that annoy me in my gametime. [And I can see benefit in the downside to some of "only having an excuse to login to 10-20 hrs a week" since I like to keep a varied entertainment portfolio]