The "No box" Server Information

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Oct 6, 2015.

1. frankie78227 Augur

Disappointed yes, Discouraged no. Will just be done, period. My $40 a month will be better spent on products I actually enjoy.

Thank God, the Fallout 4 distraction will be here soon.
  2. Vaclav Augur

XPing most people already saw the problem greatly diminished, and regardless few 6-boxers with slower reaction times will make them far less obnoxious for the times they matter.

And for raiding it won't matter with instanced raids.

"Feelings" should be based somewhere in reality - not just nonsensical Chicken Little'ing.
  3. Motherlee Augur

I cannot imagine why any boxer would want to play on a server where he was not welcomed. I'll just let them stew in their buffless, empty bazaar, waiting hours for a cleric or warrior to log in.

Taking bets on how long the server will last. I'm saying 2 yrs from launch to shutdown.
  4. frankie78227 Augur

$KRONO$ Botters got to have em. I think most people will welcome normal boxers with open arms.
  5. Trevyn New Member

To address those that are saying you can use a virtual machine to circumvent the hardware ID lockouts, this is not exactly true. I virtual machine DOES have a virtual network card so the MAC address will be different. However, a virtual machine does share some hardware IDs with the host computer, for example the motherboard and videocard; make and serial numbers, will be the same as the host computer. These hardware IDs are queried from low level OS system calls and are hard to spoof because the hardware drivers depend on them.

Lets just hope that daybreak have clever programmers that can correctly validate physical computers from each other, and keep the validation algorithm server side so it cant be reverse engineered. Its definitely possible.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  6. frankie78227 Augur

Actually, I think it would be funny if DBG retroactively made all kronos 1 time trade only. The forums are even getting boring, lately. :D
  7. frankie78227 Augur

Nice Trevyn, you actually used daybreak and clever in the same sentence. I thought I was a dreamer.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Would be even better if on successful trade the krono is used for a months time with the receiving party.
    Can't really horde it then.... and would stop RMT dead in it's tracks. No way to resell it on a 3rd party site for a few bucks.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  9. frankie78227 Augur

10. sihpa Augur

Why were kronos introduced to begin with?

Also didnt SOE try their hand in the plat selling market in EQ2 with some servers having plat buyable directly from SOE and other servers you could not? Maybe it was another game? Idk but something in my distant memory is saying that happened and the servers where you could legitimately buy plat werent even remotely as popular as the normal servers.. any insight?

edit: for the record I dont think trying to get kronos removed is going to be a constructive use of our time but I do think looking at the motivations could be useful
  11. frankie78227 Augur

EQ is so popular now. Everything is rosy and wonderful. Plenty of Devs, GMs, and programmers putting out sparkling content. A flourishing PnP with joyous communities allowing everyone who plays to enjoy the masterpiece.

Edit: Sorry pain meds kicking in.
  12. code-zero Augur

I stand with my opinion that the most toxic thing that will happen on the new server is witch hunting by rabid anti-boxers souring the atmosphere and leading to desertions
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

A community that tracks down boxers that appear to be using 3rd party software? Sounds like a place where everyone knows your name....
  14. RadarX Augur

Let me do a bit of clarification because this has been popping up. The use of VMWare can get your account banned. The discussion of how to use VMWare will most certainly get you a forum suspension. Please refrain from it.
  15. Vaclav Augur

And other similar products I'm sure as well, right? [Since I'm sure it's not the only one]
  16. Trevyn New Member

I'm glad to see you guys are taking this issue seriously. This server is lining up to be a haven for the old EQ players, if you guys get this right, I think it will attract more old players back.
  17. Hendar2 Augur

I've asked Holly for a clarification on this topic, without a response. Roshen told me that merely having it installed would get an account ban (no need to be using it). DBG needs to clarify this position.

If you are going to make rules, we need to have them clearly stated.
  18. Kyde New Member

anything that posts the Source code for any programs that shall not be named cannot be stopped by one person LOL
    theres more than 20 people that can make it work on any server

Lolololol @ frenzic
  19. Frenzic Augur

Lolololol @ random no named person
  20. lalaloup Augur

Because already existing tlp servers and every live server isn't enough?

That seems greedy.