Ragefire Rotation - No longer being enforced by DBG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reece, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abracadabra Augur

Who are the selfish people presently holding the rotation currently? I assume it's not Twisted Legacy, since day 1 of Kunark we've opted out and passed all mobs on the rotation. We haven't killed a single mob in the rotation since classic.
  2. Porygon Augur

What broken rotation?
  3. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

The one that seems flawed enough that DBG needed to remove all the Apok guild suspensions in three hours or less on a friday evening. "THAT broken rotation"
  4. Porygon Augur

There is no evidence to support the thought that DBG will actually create a rotation.

Therefore the only 2 realistic outcomes are:

1) DBG continues to enforce the player made rotation (and actually enforce it)
    2) DBG won't enforce it, meaning there is no rotation, meaning TL (the people fighting to keep the rotation that gives mobs to other guilds) will continue to kill 95% of the relevant mobs like they were prior to the rotation.
  5. Ello-prexus Journeyman

so they distributed loot without using dkp? that should cause some strife I'd think
  6. Sagnid Augur

95% of content claimed by TL is a bit off. I believe before the rotation we only lost three encounters we did not allow another guild to kill. If dbg refuses to enforce a rotation I am sure these days are once again upon us again.

I am off to the store to keep my keurig stocked.
  7. Orienn TreeHugger

What would Chuck Norris do in this situation?
  8. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

This guy is still operating under the delusion that DBG is going to take over, create, and manage a rotation. You know, the exact task they just refused to do all phases of.
    Silv likes this.
  9. Sagnid Augur

I am pretty sure Chuck Norris would roundhouse kick the server so hard it would turn into a pvp server, and Apok would still get rolled on.
    Orienn likes this.
  10. Lotusfly Elder

11. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

I believe DBG's initial response was that they would like the players to "try" to implement a rotation...if it is broken or unenforceable as it is written, observed, or whatever,

I believe that DBG will institute a rotation for the players. I'm not sure where you see that the player made rotation is the "only" rotation option. In this case since the council activity reside on a third party server operated on a forum run by TL, the issue of transparency is in doubt as is the activities related to the updating of the google spreadsheet document that is also in question.

Having DBG decide on a rotation for its players, the ones that pay for their game, and having it hosted on an official DBG controlled server seem the only way to resolve having a rotation remain in effect. Only when this happens will there be recourse for rotation breakers as adjudication of issues would also fall directly in line with log files and update dpreadsheet etc, etc.

Until this happens there will always be a liability exposure for DBG and how they base their bans. Don't believe me? The issue raised its head last night and the bans on Apok guild were lifted within three hours of occurring. Wondering why or how? Weakness in the way the bans were distributed when challenged.

The only way to remove this challenge is to remove the play input as it is used currently and let DBG deal with "their rotation" with "their" penalties and with "their" adjudications.

Stop feeling like special little snowflakes, you tried...and failed...it's time to let DBG handle the whole thing.
  12. Abracadabra Augur

So you're saying either DBG mandates the rotation or there's no rotation at all? I hope your guild is able to sleep in the bed they made.
  13. Mwapo Augur

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what TL tried to do from the beginning, but instead DBG decided they should go ahead and choose a player made rotation which was made by one guild, piggybacked on by a guild which no longer exists, and refused by two others. Obviously DBG doesn't want to make rotations, or even enforce them for that matter, so why have them at all? Let's return to our no rotation FFA amazingness and then no one has any of your apparent legal issues at all.

SOLVED IT.

#FFAFOREVER
  14. Sagnid Augur

I hear Talendor drops a spell I need. No sleep for me ;/
  15. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Again with the guild thing, the fact that I am not in a guild renders this point moot. However, all the other guilds on the server would be affected if DBG doesnt implement their own "enforceable" rotation for all guilds. I'm pretty sure that's a business decision they will have to make at the expense of potential lost customers.

The players wanted a rotation to be able to enjoy more content, I can't believe that this far into the game that they would turn their backs on that many customers, who knows though. You seem to claim you have a better pulse of how DBG actually works or can work...more power to you.
  16. Ducreux Augur

#FFAFOREVER

The way the server was originally advertised!
  17. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

The players wanted a rotation to be able to enjoy more content, I can't believe that this far into the game that they would turn their backs on that many customers, who knows though. You seem to claim you have a better pulse of how DBG actually works or can work...more power to you
  18. aiedz New Member

can i buy pot from you
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Hold on, let me get this straight. What you assert is most certainly true and correct, but anything else is conjecture? My misguided friend, both are conjecture.

I have good news - I can help you out here. I'm sorry that you have such a fundamental unfamiliarity with how things are set up pertaining to Ragefire, the rotation, and the council (the only indication I have that you may actually not be a member of Apok), but let me help you here. With little exception, the council activities and the raid rotation happen in real time on Daybreak's server. All of the council meetings are hosted on Daybreak's servers. All of the guilds operate and engage/contest/kill raid content on Daybreak's servers. While the council is not required to communicate only on Daybreak's servers (which Daybreak has approved), 99.99% of everything rotation related does indeed occur on Daybreak's servers. To the best of our understanding, Daybreak has access to all server logs since all of this occurs on their own servers.
    The rotation spreadsheet is a tool of assistance. It exists so each guild isn't separately tracking everything or trying to keep up in their own heads. If we destroyed the spreadsheet day, Daybreak could, presumably, rebuild the spreadsheet exactly based on what has happened on their own servers. In other words, the spreadsheet is simply a handy copy of what already exists on Daybreak's own servers.
    Daybreak is welcome to pull their own logs and compare spreadsheet data for discrepencies any time they care to; in fact, they are encouraged to.
    This is also very amazing to me. TL was very successful during the ~60 days of FFA we had during classic before a rotation was created. I am sure we will again be successful without a rotation. I think it's really great that the Classic rotation, in spite of the recent drama, is more or less continuing, and if nothing else can come of this whole mess I think it would be a great pattern for the server if current content was always FFA and then past content was rotated for those wishing to mark off all their progression check boxes.
    I had to dig back pretty far for this, but I remember the good ol' days of Classic FFA and keeping current content FFA going forward sounds great to me:
  20. ntellect Augur

This is so childish and asinine. How old are these guild leaders? Its not that difficult to share between ourselves. I feel sorry for DBG to have to deal with this.

Great game. But some really stupid people playing it.
    shik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.