Any news on the New Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozlaar, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Crystilla Augur

That sad part is - does anyone even think we'll ever get 12 raids again (unless a dev does mass overtime like Elidroth did for us on Corrupted Temple of Veeshan)?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  2. Zarakii Augur

dunno if anyone mentioned this yet (too lazy to read a WHOLE 2 PAGES) but they said they would be releasing new campaigns every 6 months so i highly doubt they would be bigger then what TDS is currently.

I am also hoping for some news on the release date time frame tho.
  3. Mayfaire Augur

I agree with most of your post, except this. I LOVE collections. They are my precious.

And I have been done with them forever, I need more. Must have more. :D :cool:
    Silv likes this.
  4. Rykard Augur

All,

I am curious about the first DLC for EQ. Specifically, I am curious about the details revolving around price, items included with purchase, zones, lore,...etc. An update involving release estimate and further details would be nice.

Since others have added their opinions or desires on wants, likes, and dislikes, I will add one of my own. They made some pretty interesting scaling to missions in the past two expansions. I personally would like scaling raids based on numbers(18-24 man to 54 man) going with difficulty, reward, and mechanics. I know it is not popular among raiders and probably a lot of work but, it is one of my wants.

Rykard
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am sure that the Devs would like to do this, but I do not know how feasible it is for them. I know in the past they have said that for raids they have to remake the raid for each different variation of it, but with group missions it is easier as they can generally get by via altering the mob level and swapping out various steps. I could see the step swapping out being reasonable for a raid HA, but it might be the level dynamic that is more of an issue.
  6. Iila Augur

3 zones for $20, followed the same deal 6 months later, followed by the same deal another 6 months later.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. YellowBelly Augur

They are being too quiet. I have a bad feeling.
  8. svann Augur

I figure the 2x xp weekend was given to catch people up so they will feel confident enough to buy into the campaign because face it - labor day isnt even a real holiday. Magic 8-ball says... soon.
  9. Fenudir Augur

Collections are lazy development. Plus all you're doing is treating your player base like a bunch of 4 year olds on an Easter egg hunt. It's insulting.
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What is the lore behind the new Campaign?

If EQ2's AoM/Rum Cellar is any indication, is EQ1's Campaign a continuation of TDS? Or is it a totally different direction?

I am sure lore/story for the Campaign is settled by now. Hopefully any news can "whet" our appetite. Labor Day weekend would have been a good sneak preview for marketing purposes unless the Campaign is delayed til after Thanksgiving.
  11. Riou EQResource

EQ campaign is Kunark based - seems to be based on EQ2's kunark expansion basically with Anashti Sul "returning" (for first time in EQ)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  12. Daivid Lorekeeper

eq2's campaign was one zone that contained a solo, adv solo, heroic.... raid version.
    It would seem new unexplored land masses may be a thing of the pass.
  13. Bobsmith Augur

Scars of Kunark was a tab in the achievement window during tds beta for a hot second. So I believe that to be the title of an upcoming campaign. Just my 2 cp.
  14. Mintalie Augur

Oh please no, I love the shinies and I really, really love all the platz that the shinies have made me. I'm EQ rich, yo.
    beryon and Mayfaire like this.
  15. Silv Augur

They stated in an article a few months ago that the first "campaign" EQ2 got was *not* what the standard one would be like for EQ. So, I'm expecting a couple zones at least. Of course, they've said a lot of things in the past and then it's turned out to be the complete opposite.
  16. Kravitz Augur

They will probably announce beta next week or the following week is my guess. Last years beta started September 16th, so assumptions are on a similar time frame. They could wait till the September patch is done to announce too, which means 2 weeks from now.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I agree and I think DBG marketing missed a great opportunity once again. Then again their track record is pretty bad so I'm not surprised.

That would be cool if done properly. They have 16 years of potential revamps and tie ins they could do to make EQ last another 5-10 years without that much resource allocation or monetary investments.

Let's hope the first part is closer to reality than the second!

They do tend to stick to the schedules from previous years but with a new parent company things may have changed more than we'll ever know on our end. I hope you are correct though.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Iila Augur

Scars of Kunark.

Followed by Shadows of Velious and Planes of Luclin? Except we already did those :(
    Axxius and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Silv Augur

Pretty sure ROF was a good indicator that this is a "good" development model :confused:
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Don't know how many of these threads I've seen and out of all of them, I've seen 1 dev response which stated they are working on a campaign but besides that no information was released. Not a date, the amount of content, what to expect. Well, besides that it will be smaller then TDS and only supposed to be a 6 month in between for the next one.

What worries me is the fact that they gave us TDS for a year, and think that it was enough content..Can you imagine what they think is enough content for 6 months? It'll be like 2 zones and 4 raids =/.