DBG has suspended Overrated guild members for not complying with a player-made rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voide, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Ghubuk Augur

While I think that rotations probably are the best of all alternatives, there needs to be a rule put in place that you cannot sell items from blocked (rotated) content. If caught selling those items, then DBG should be enforcing suspensions/bans.
  2. Oberan Elder

Its not hard to go look at the public spreadsheet, message a guild to find out when they are raiding and ask for permission to go up at a time that would not interfere (ie grief) their raid.

A little forethought would save a lot of headache/suspensions. What you do not want to do is go up and kill mobs during a time when they will not respawn during the scheduled guilds raids (if i recall island 1 is 2 hours, island 2 is 4 hours, island 3 is 6+ hours.)

So if its a weekday and the guild is a US timezone guild for instance. Ask them if you go go up early in the morning. They might actually say yes. Or ask them if you can tag along for rots (allowed as long as its not a qualifier event from what i understand). But going up and killing mobs and purposely griefing their Daybreak approved and Mandated raid slot is what is going to get you suspended (especially if you do it right when they are standing there watching you)

If your guild chooses to be antisocial then accept your punishment, learn from it and change our outlook if you want a different result.
    Simone and Crystilla like this.
  3. Endtime Elder

Could i please edit your post, as you missed a vital thing.

Simone likes this.
  4. Meatball Elder

So far, we've covered:

We did it because of (fill in the blank) legal standing.
    We did it because I have a medical disability.
    We did it because we didn't know.
    We did it because we knew, we just disagree.
    We did it because pizza.
    Zurd, Simone, Elricvonclief and 4 others like this.
  5. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

if i get just one more pair of efreeti boots, that pizza dinner will be mine
  6. Ambee Elder

Funny how they act like they'll never get a chance at this content with a raid rotation while ignoring the fact that these are only left up BECAUSE of the rotation.

Without a rotation these would be perma-camped and you wouldn't have had an empty zone to clear in the first place. So please stop playing victim, nobody's buying it
    Zurd, Simone, Elricvonclief and 3 others like this.
  7. Endtime Elder

Ill buy it, 5 krono
  8. Banuvan Augur

Troof!
    Simone likes this.
  9. Auraphex New Member

I actually explained it pretty thoroughly and it wasn't for any of the listed reasons. Try again.
  10. chris_the_mage Augur

omg this was epic, rofl A+++ work pal.
  11. Makelite Augur

But you have to look at their options also. Did they break the rotation? Of course and were probably aware but what option does a smaller guild of 2 to 4 groups have? They either A) merge with a larger guild all ready doing sky, B) ask some guild when they can kill mobs and if they were killing a boss or two up to island 3, unlikely it will be allowed unless it's the middle of the night or early AM., or C) forget that sky even exists.

So you have guilds that get 24 hours in an open zone to play at their leisure but because these guys don't qualify as a raid and can't kill spiroc lord they really have no choice at all. I mean the point is fairness right? If it is, then when do they get to kill stuff in sky? Or are you suggesting they disband their guild because it's small and join a bigger guild?

So the "fix" is to implement a casual day which means the other 50% or more of the server has to share what you get solely to yourselves. It's pretty simple to see the reason people keep posting. The only real option is to FFA most of sky, seems to be working on RF so what reason is there that it won't work on LJ?
  12. Porygon Augur

I love claims of "missing lines of text" followed by, "I don't log or take pictures"

Seems believable.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Gloom Journeyman

I'll give you this Makelite, there is some validity to that.

However, in response to that:

- They don't have to "merge" with other guilds, they probably have that few numbers due to the asshattery that is in place with them.
    - Or, like Simone has said in many different threads, many times, and Darth as well, A community day in sky is a topic of the next rotation meeting, and will probably be implemented.

Sorry, the mindset of "give me now" doesn't override that. It's just copping out to not wanting to wait on a discussion to change it, or go about trying to change it proactively.

And if you truly FFA'd all of sky, 1 to 2 groups of people would never get any of it.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Auraphex New Member

Believe what you want. I'm still waiting for the screens of me telling someone from MiM to "f off" or the screens of me HT'ing Cazic or whatever else people said they can document.

You seem like a good guy. I'm sure you can do better analysis here than calling people "asshats," which is what millennials say when they are out of words.
  15. Elricvonclief Augur

What are the odds of this thread being locked Tuesday morning?
    Iila likes this.
  16. Simone Augur

I estimate it to be over 90%. Most of the other 10% is the chance that it will drop off of the front page.
    Mayfaire and Elricvonclief like this.
  17. Elricvonclief Augur

Bonus question, how many names will see a temporary or permanent hiatus from these forums?
    lockjaws and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Porygon Augur

OH man, there's going to be so many suspensions. I'll probably get one also... It will be entertaining to say the least.
    Steampunk and Elricvonclief like this.
  19. Derthe Journeyman

MMO jailhouse lawyers. It's almost like they all read from the same script.

Thank you very much for 13 pages of fun and entertainment. Although the boards are usually a good place to find something to elicit a guffaw or chuckle, this pot of gold just keeps on paying out, page after hilarious page.
  20. captnstudy Lorekeeper

shocker.
  21. Kattahn Elder

From https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

RULES OF CONDUCT

While playing or otherwise using any Daybreak Game(s), you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Further, your access to and use of the Daybreak Games is conditioned on your complete and continued compliance with the following rules of conduct. The violation of any of these Rules of Conduct may lead to the suspension and/or termination of your account.

7.1. While playing or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:
    • Violate the game-specific rules of conduct posted in the Daybreak Knowledge Base and/or on the game forums
    Right there, in the terms of service: you agree, by playing the game, not to violate game-specific rules posted in the game forums. If you agree to follow all rules posted in the forums, then you are agreeing to read the forums.
    Simone and Protocol like this.