DBG has suspended Overrated guild members for not complying with a player-made rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voide, Sep 4, 2015.

1. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

I believe there was nine of us. We let Xaphan handle the communication.

The delays in conversation were probably so long because they were busy chain casting dispels on the Protector of Sky rather than actually attempting to stop us in any meaningful way.
  2. Brickslap New Member

Even if they did chain cast dispel it was on their own mob anyways. Remember? The one your guild was stealing from them?? Your hilarious.
    Simone likes this.
  3. Brickslap New Member

Looking over the logs again you engaged the protector at the end of your guild not giving two about MIM trying to work with you. You didn't even read them. What a joke.

Simone and complexication like this.
  4. Vlerg Augur

Instancing raids would've solved soo many problems...

sure, we couldn't have enjoyed all this lovely drama, the good ol 1999 feeling...But maybe it was a necessary evil ?
    Agrippa likes this.
  5. Croak Augur

Ok straight up?

I don't know who you are in game or whether you are one of my customers

If you had been initially approached for mediation, by me, or someone not a member of a rotation guild, and been carefully explained the actual rules and the real consequences of a petition being sent, would you guys have carried on to the second island?
  6. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

7. wthHappened Journeyman

nobody cares
  8. DerpFinger New Member

Croak,

We would have gladly spoken to a GM, had one shown up. We were never contacted by a GM or Guide about the situation. We would have at least considered talking with a true neutral party. As soon as we saw the "mediator" had a tag from another rotation guild, we knew right away it was going to be a biased mediation attempt.

So what, if we can field 12-18 players to do the same content that it takes you/them 36+ to do, we're still well short of their/your "Guild recognition" minimum (of 36) to get on the rotation no matter what? Even if we are able to down the "qualifying mobs"? I've seen special interest groups and lobbyists that are less collusive than this.
  9. Gremin Augur

It has nothing to do with the fact you can do island one and part of island 2...

Just like in the past when rotations have been used on servers there is mobs that are considered raid mobs. Plane of Sky is a raid zone...island one and all the way up to the final island are one raid and to progress to each island you need keys. I will admit you can skip island one and buy your keys. However, island two when you spawned the Protector of the Sky ruined the possibility of the rotation guilds day of doing that mob and turning in keys for the future islands. This means the early islands are what they call Gateway islands...such as in Vellious when you do the AoW cycle or NToV when you do the first main dragon that leads to rest of NToV.

The fact you can go up to hate and do it with a group to me is lame, but its where we stand. I wanted the old 1.0 hate where you zoned in and hoped you lived when you ran to the other wall. Fear can still kick some people's butts if its a full respawn and you dont have the appropriate amount of folks but otherwise its just not scary anymore.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Gnot New Member

your argument seems to be that you were challenging the policy by breaking the rules (and unwilling to deal with any of the process those rules then engage once broken, eg the "biased" mediator taking the proper steps in a very clear manner that was also backed up with logs, etc) instead of challenging the policy via proper channels, and now you're upset that those guilty of breaking the rules have suffered the consequences.

i don't think anyone is in any way surprised about what happened, and a i think good portion of the server is happy to see DBG backing up their policy.
    Simone and Hendar2 like this.
  11. Croak Augur

When Gremin said
    Were you aware that under the rotation rules a call for GM intervention would result in no discussion at all, and you would be immediately subject to a suspension?
  12. Machen New Member

I am sure Daybreak would much rather deal with having to babysit the rotation on both servers and suspend violators. They didn't instance because they couldn't with the time and resources they could afford to devote to the TLP's, plain and simple. If they could have gotten it done, don't you think they would much prefer it over dealing with this nonsense?
  13. Machen New Member

How can you think a GM would be a neutral third party when Daybreak are the ones who insisted that a rotation must be in place and enforced by suspensions in the first place? Seems that right there places them in a more biased position than any of the rotation guilds.
    Simone likes this.
  14. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

Daybreak's official rules still state that any camp/raid issue is not a guide matter and should be worked out between players. You'd think they'd take more care of updating their rules, but I guess for official rulings on any game-related matters we should be expected to have to sift through 75-page threads at this point.
    Makelite likes this.
  15. Gloom Journeyman

Ah, here we go. I was waiting for this.

As I said before, Croak has openly said he denies mediation by anyone on the rotation discussions (he's actually in the private discussions on these forums, putting his two cents in with every guild leader on the server, even though personally I have no clue why he's in there at this point). Yet here he is, "If you were approached by me or someone not a member of a rotation guild"... knew it.

All you want Croak is the power to tell people it's okay to run over folks on the rotation, because you don't like it and it doesn't suit you. I told you a while ago you're about as easy to see through as a 5 year old with blue icing on their face saying they didn't eat the cupcakes.

Croak, by your own admission, you wouldn't be an "uninvolved" party to mediate. You literally are trying to grasp at power and be in control here, to manipulate as many people as you can.

Your attempts are childish, your posts are wildly off base, and you cite and tweak rules saying that yeah that rule is there, but that's not what it means.

This really needs to just stop, it's gone on for quite awhile, and my god man... get some damn exp. It's double exp weekend, you aren't lvl 50, and you're on the forums trying to grasp at power to mediate and manipulate end game content, and you aren't even there yet. And for what? It was mediated, these guys openly said they are aware of the rotation, the outcomes of what they were doing was stated, and i'm sorry Croak, but literally everything you're doing at this point is just sad. "Were you aware of what would happen?" Hell yes they were, they were told the last group that did this got suspended, they were told they were in violation, they were told they weren't supposed to be there, and they laughed it off. Defending them at this point is only digging yourself further in the hole.

Newsflash, no one takes you seriously anyway.

This is sad, and i'm not afraid to tell you.
    Simone likes this.
  16. chris_the_mage Augur

[IMG]
    Aneuren and Simone like this.
  17. Machen New Member

It was worked out between players, you just didn't like the result.
    Simone likes this.
  18. squidgod Augur

CS was gutted during the switch from SoE to DBG. That's why we had that "hands off, police yourselves" clusterfuсk the first couple months. Even the guide band-aid has fallen off. At first they were providing prompt responses, very visible and very willing to help—now they rarely seem to log in.

This is an old game being milked dry before it gets killed off. The bean-counters at DBG know that progression servers bring people and money in, but they also know that the people don't stay and the money dries up—that's why they don't make the investments needed to try to maintain the playerbase. Nostalgia simply doesn't have any staying power.

The current system sucks, but it's better and more beneficial to more people than total FFA. Sure, if the server was full FFA you could go up to sky and get your bracelets or haste belts or druid earrings or whatever from the first couple islands without issue, but that's all the in-era raid content you'd ever see. Maybe by the time Luclin rolls around you might get a shot at Vox or Naggy. Maybe.

The idea behind the 36 minimum isn't that the content requires that many people to complete—it's to keep mage-walling box armies from eating up spawns. In other words, to allow 36 players the enjoyment of the mob, instead of two or three people with their boxes and software.
  19. Auraphex New Member

A player-made agreement in EverQuest™ is essentially the same thing as the court system and the tax code, you're right.

"Submit to mediation by a neutral party," "the rotation council," "killing mobs is just like murder," all really funny -- it's like playing video games with a dysfunctional HR department.
  20. vaio007 Elder

I said it's obvious to anyone with an IQ over 65. I'm sorry that doesn't apply to you. Breaking rules leads to consequence regardless of whether or not you agree with the rules. Thanks for playing.