New server should be hardcore and classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Theseus, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Derthe Journeyman

Haha! Ghost town inside of three months.

It would be spectacular if DBG could launch the server that you're asking for and achieve even the success of P99 in terms of a consistent population that would hang around for several years. Sadly I don't believe that many people have the kind of patience and masochistic streak that would be required to suffer the brutal, unforgiving b**** that 1999 Everquest was. Some would for sure, but I don't think that thousands of people would need a taste of nostalgia that bad for that long, and be willing to pay $15 or more a month for it. P99 has a decent core, but it's also free to play.

Having said that, I'd be one of the first willing to plunk down my sub money on a server like the one you describe. Even if it's just for three months. :D
  2. Silentchaos Augur

Here's hardcore: seasonal challenge style, everything up to PoR is open day 1, first guild to kill Ayonae Ro wins.

Who wants to raid anguish without ever touching PoTime/Tacvi? Wanna try to kill Sendaii with zero epic 2.0s? How about killing Yar`Lir with less than 48 hours /played?

I do.
  3. Tris Augur

as long as the latest Tlp servers havent started to progress yet, or are in the early stages of progresion, it doesnt seem productive to open new dervers. The real players will be on lockjaw and ragefire, so the playerbase on new servers will be worst of the worst whiners and day one quitters. No one in their right minds would open a server for those.

If you wanna do something healthy for the game, make some campaigns that kunark is opening on RF.
  4. Detheb Augur

On Mayong, the guild we were in was level capped at 70. We decided to just say screw it and go all out. Solteris is Defiant/Anguish gear was fun. Queen Malarian with 36 Anguish geared characters was pretty fun too.

We went from our first Solteris raid to beating Brath in 3 months(When only 6? Guilds had killed Brath at the time). Enough skilled players with a drive to get everything they can while not raiding, and its entirely possible to kill Ayonae within a month? Biggest issue i would guess would be pages from ToB(leveling and getting to them, then killing enough for Fetters).

I actually voted for seasonal instead of a traditional TLP. Can you imagine restarting every 3 months with a new rule set -> Endgame? Would be amazing.
  5. Detheb Augur

This really is a genius idea too. In between campaigns for live, making an offshoot zone(Like SolC or ChardokB) that has some interesting content for groupers and raiders for each new expansion would be awesome. Would break the monotony if people doing content they've already done 5 times over.

Kunark - The Burynai dig too deep and discover an ancient lair of the Sathir clan, where you have to work your way through high level undead to reach "X_Sathir" who is trying to bring back Jaled Dar under his control? Idk

Velious - During a grand battle in the Eastern Wastes, a large explosion has caused the entrance to the previously forgotten Froststone, city of the original dwarves that crashed on Velious. There you discover Colin Dain VIII is leading a race of dwarf hybrids, and they are not too friendly!

etc, etc. Wouldn't take much time to whip up a new zone or two during off campaign time, and there is plenty of lore of ancient cities, ruins, race, etc.
  6. Sheaffer Augur

Now this is a spectacular idea! I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat!
  7. Theseus Lorekeeper

I like Silentchaos and Detheb's ideas!
  8. Gremin Augur

I think they should bring back the 30 day server where if you died once you are perma dead. Hell, throw in some pvp so I can take my angst out on people by 'throwing WMD's and Screaming YeeHaw"