New server should be hardcore and classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Theseus, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Theseus Lorekeeper

Daybreak, you have a chance to do it right this time! Make the new winter server really hardcore and classic.

Project 1999 has features like no maps, hybrid xp penalties, slow mana regen, not being able to see spell timers ticking down, and they add so much to the game. They make the world feel big and challenging and bring back the social experience!!

Third party software should be disabled and you shouldn't be allowed to use non-classic software like GINA. You should not be able to use the marketplace or buy Kronos.

Reputation should be very important on this new server. I'd love to be able to see someone's IP address displayed when I click on them so I know I'm not grouping with a botter.

Daybreak, I will be a lifelong customer if you give us a classic server!:D
    Norathorr likes this.
  2. Thewiz Augur

Also you should black out the entire screen except for one chat box. True hardcore EQ players do not need to see! We can do everything by memory.
  3. Nolrog Augur

If you like P99 so much, just go play there. It already seems to have everything that you want.
    Smokn and Steampunk like this.
  4. Theseus Lorekeeper

Well, Project 1999 is in Velious. I want a fresh start from classic, day one.
  5. Norathorr Augur

I fully support this. I enjoy p1999 but would love to play some later expansions probably up to Underfoot, certainly up to pop. A no box properly tuned server will bring me back. I have stated this in the past. What is represented in the TLP server is simply a terrible representation of old everquest. Give us a real representation of old everquest for us to play 1 toon 1 person no kronos and you have a fair server where people can enjoy the content at their own pace.
  6. Batbener Augur

I am all for it. No chat channels or LFG feature! If someone calls your cell while you are in game, to the server select you go! Raids? Naw, whoever gets the last shot in gets the kill! Of course all your loot stays on the corpse, and if it takes you a week to log back in, tough break!
    Smokn and code-zero like this.
  7. Norathorr Augur

Chat channels are not needed. LFG is simple look up the class you need in the level range you need and send a tell. No harm in raiding an expansion behind or so until GoD. Its how most of us did it in the past. I play on p1999 and in all honesty the fear of corpse runs are irrational. I have never been in a position where I simply cannot get my corpse people tend to be helpful so long as you dont have a crappy reputation and in which case you probably deserve to rot!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Steampunk Augur

I understand the desires expressed here, but I think you all will find that you are in the minority. I know! Let's have a poll and find out!!!!
    skattabrainz likes this.
  9. Theseus Lorekeeper

Reputation should be important, which is why I want IPs to be shown.

It would be great, too, to be able to have a feedback system that can be viewed when clicking on players. You could leave comments like, "Helped me with my epic!" or "logged when the group wiped" to flag the good players and shame the crappy reputation players.
  10. Norathorr Augur

I think reputation would sort itself out on the forums etc. The problem I would see with the commenting suggestion would be that false comments could be posted or couter comments out of personal vendetta and you could not tell what is real and what is not.
    Smokn likes this.
  11. Finley Augur

The way hybrid exp penalties work is they slow down the whole group, meaning their difficulty leveling is compounded. The require more exp to level, but since they take the lion's share of the group's experience no one wants to group with them either. Definitely not something to bring back.
  12. Vlerg Augur

give them an inch... and they'll want the whole foot...
  13. Aghinem Augur

Like locusts; eat up everything then want something new, rinse and repeat.
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

That's probably not going to fly...
  15. Tris Augur

New server should start in kunark. Classic sucks
    Batbener and Thewiz like this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Kunark really doesn't fix much - but yes, an accelerated start seems a must. (unless they do the raid instancing they claim they won't)
  17. Theseus Lorekeeper

Why not ask for a foot, for a true classic experience? A true classic server will bring people back to play and that's a win for everyone. :D
  18. Rhodz Augur

This is looking more and more like a Monty Python sketch.
    Things like this make it understandable when devs dont take players seriously or more likely laugh.
    The parrot is dead.
  19. Vlerg Augur

for a week. maybe two...

I kinda doubt that mob dying slower is what would make people stick around. or those lovely corpse runs...

what made 1999 special is the fact you didn't knew about EQ , there was a sense of mystery , exploration, classes and the game wasn't math'd in and out.

I severly doubt it's a win for Daybreak... the immense time investment in order to reverse the game-wide changes made to modern EQ .... you can also assume the bulk of the players on that server wouldn't be new player, but players moving off ragefire/lockjaw... Then, as always, TLP servers population only shrink as time goes on.

They'd make more money if they focus on their loyal customers who been playing on live for the past 14 years.
  20. Theseus Lorekeeper

1999 is special to me because of the sense of community. I love that you can post "I need help in City of Mist with my shaman epic fight" on the Project 1999 forums and everyone will band together to assist and that random strangers will help out newbies.

The sense of mystery and exploration are gone, for good, but if you bring 1999 back, the community will still be there. :)