New server should be hardcore and classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Theseus, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean you want to display something that can be changed each and every time someone logs into EQ? Getting a new IP address isn't exactly challenging and you can even get one that says you are in other parts of the world. That is not even bringing up the privacy concerns of publicly sharing someone's IP address like that.
  2. Machen New Member

A no box server will never make it to underfoot. There are reasons most of the live players started boxing past a certain point.
    Batbener and Sinzz like this.
  3. Machen New Member

I don't think he cares so much about that as the ability to DoS someone trying to steal his camp, or check someone's system for security vulnerabilities if he gets trained. Sounds like a great idea, let's show those IP addresses!
    Sinzz likes this.
  4. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    *Muses....wouldn't be an immense time investment if perhaps, someone, somewhere, somehow ...err, shared an already in-place client with a 'mostly classic' experience waiting to be had...
  5. Vaclav Augur

After SoD because of Mercs, there's zero excuse to continue the nobox rules in the ruleset, FYI.
    Sinzz likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

You seem to have missed my point. If they do not enable boxing well before SoD, there won't be enough players left still playing to make it to SoD. There's a reason mercs were created in the first place--the player population had already dropped and players were already mostly dependent upon boxing since groups were all but non existent at well before SoD.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Correct, but SoD point there's no excuse to turn it off (honestly once instancing is in it probably is)
  8. Theseus Lorekeeper

OK. I strike my previous ideas about the IPs and the feedback review system, too much risk for abuse. I thought logging IPs would be a good idea, because websites, like Live Journal, give you the option to log posters' IP addresses and it creates an environment of accountability. You don't need to point out how that is different from what I suggested.
  9. Theseus Lorekeeper

I still think we need to have something harsh in place that will keep the botters and the crappy reputation people in line. Posting complaints about baddies on a forum only goes so far. We need a 0 tolerance policy, like Project 1999, with a long suspension time. I would love Daybreak to post a list of toons who violate the rules, like the Project 1999 GM's do in the raid suspension forum, but I know that's not happening.
  10. Sinzz Augur

see the p99 stuff works there to some degree but fails at same time because they can just make new accounts as they do as they would do here, you wind up wasting dev time for what?
  11. Vlerg Augur

then go to those p1999 servers!

it's still the hassle of creating a whole seperate client/launchers/servers that dosen't share update with the current one yet still part of DBG game ( same account, same bill.... krono...), fix what's missing on p1999 (like the old epic quest still being there, and not the updated, less cckblocky one like CT skin for wizards), get everything past velious back to their original state..surely nothing more than an afternoon work for an intern, right?

I guess they'd also have to code in double everything new they add to the game ( since these game run on separate code)... but that assume the server actually live beyond PoP or GoD... wich is highly unlikely.

All of that so... what? so mob die slower? overcrowded zones? watch naggy die in 5 second to a large zerg of mixed classes instead of dying in one minute to a wall of pet? So you can sit around for hours looking for that one masochists guy who play a cleric and nothing but a cleric? So you actually lose gear when that trains you?

How about we invest on live server. you know, those people who have been playing and paying non-stop for a decade, bought all the expansion, and got served crap for the last 3...
  12. Tris Augur

You should try the olympics. Your ideas are perfect for that
  13. Foo Chow New Member

I'm not hardcore, will I be able to play on this server?
  14. retlasja New Member

I true replica of 1999 would be amazing, I would definetly stay sub'd for that. And I know alot of others who would as well. And it would bring alot of people that havne't play EQ in over 10 years back. Just do it.
    MBear likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

It would be great, until you run into all those bugs that existed back in 1999. First time people lose all their gear because a corpse is stuck in the wall and they can't drag it out, and the GM staff doesn't respond within 3 hours, and they can't restore it after that point, do you really think they will keep playing?
  16. Theseus Lorekeeper

The server should be locked at Velious or POP, so it never gets to Underfoot or SOD, and we have guide support on the TLPs, so I don't see why we couldn't have GM support. I'd even pay $20-30 a month to get a classic special server with a full time GM, just for us.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You've got people sitting in meetings for hours about a rotation in a video game subbed to a server that they lawyerquest in chat instead of play (which I find crazy at the very least). You think a 3 hour non-responsive gm ticket is going to break some folks? :) It's sad to say but I think they would keep playing.
  18. Smokn Augur

You not gonna get p99 stop asking you people cry like 12 year olds. Like its been said you want p99 go to p99 and play there and leave us alone, we dont want to hear you cryilng anymore!!!!
  19. Marthisdil Augur

Make em stare at a spell book to regen mana, too.
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Don't forget corpse runs. And take out those translocating gnomes. Ships or bust. Ships not working? Find a port.