Launchpad Was Unable To Connect...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mabiel, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Felicite Augur

Looking through the log files (which is almost as fun as playing) and found this:
    This machine is running Windows XP with IE7 (which I never use). IE7 doesn't support the 256 bit SSL you are using. Chrome and Firefox open "https://lpj.daybreakgames.com/eq.2/live/?t=42974" just fine, but the built in IE7 does not (nor will it open Google, it uses 256 SSL now).

I am guessing that Launchpad doesn't use my default browser, but rather IE to render the login page?

So.. the recent Launchpad update included improved SSL on your server side I am guessing?
  2. Pwedge New Member

just a post to add that i have tried everything suggested too and got nothing. still cant play

something that i noticed was different is on the first post on this list the error number is (1-0), the error number i am getting is (4-0)
  3. kevvlar New Member

"LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance"

Still getting this error with no work around. I've been unable to log into game now for 3 days and counting. Sent ticket in, tweeted, posted here and still have not gotten a response or any feedback on if / when DBG will correct~ fix what the attack has done. I have two accounts that are "All access" of which ironically... I have none to.. Hmmmmm...
  4. kevvlar New Member

I'm thinking at some point DBG will start to look inward and not outward for the solution.. It's not on our end. in either case I am willing to do the same and let a Dev tap into my system to see if it works. Anything at this point....I hope they give us at least some acknowledgment / indication that they are looking into it and what they are doing to correct this. I think after today I will cancel all my "All access" accounts .. maybe until they get it resolved...DBG must not work on weekends.... lol
  5. Tyrolias Journeyman

Same boat.

And after hours of wasting my time, scouring the net for help, I've learned that Launchpad does, in fact, utilize IE. I have the same system specs as you btw... XP & IE7. I never use IE, and am leary of updating it. This is ridiculous.

I jumped through Support's hoops of providing a netinfo file and other info yesterday. There was no comment at all about what I submitted (obvious the prob is on their end). My latest support ticket instructions - recv'd today, so I'm assuming it's an auto-response:

Yeah well, thanks but this didn't work 2 days ago and it didn't work today either. And - i'm not sure how they expect me to "re-install the game client using the same setup file", if I can't execute/run said file's launchpad.exe /boggle

Absolutely ridiculous. Guess i'm missing raids this week.
  6. Jezzie Augur

Clicked on link
    http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_setup.exe
    Downloaded 30MB setup file and ran it.
    It created new EQ folders, redirected the EQ shortcut to the new folder and started a 9+Gig download.
    Cancelled the download and moved all the folders from my existing EQ folder to the new one.
    Ran EQ again, this time it was a 30MBish download.
    Back in the game.
  7. Tyrolias Journeyman

When I download and run the same setup file, it creates a new EQ folder (under Daybreak Games) but automatically runs the new Launchpad.exe - at which point, the same BS occurs as with the original Launchpad: unable to connect. I'm assuming you dl'd the new setup file because you had this same issue, so I have to ask - did the new launchpad connect for you? Because that's the only .exe in the setup file. Help me understand at what point did the 9 gig download start?

Please, be more clear with the exact steps you took.
  8. Jezzie Augur

My Launchpad wouldn't even run, I couldn't get to the window. Running in the background though (Task Manager).
    I tried to bypass the launcher first but that gave me a 1017 and asked me to run the patcher.
    I downloaded the 30MB setup file and installed the DirectX files, then the launchpad would work and it started the 9gig download. I didn't know how to redirect the desktop shortcut back to the old eq folder so I just moved everything to the new folder.

Sounds like your launchpad window is popping up when you select run as administrator though, so it's a different issue. I'm pretty sure I had that issue before (as did many others) but it was a few years ago so the fix is probably in the forum archives, iirc it something to do with junk like a search toolbar that was installed on my comp, was a long time ago though.
    Will try to find it tomorrow after work, all I can do for now is wish you luck though.
  9. Ivorylace New Member

Was playing at 12am went to bed leaving toons /AFK. Got up this morning to find that EQ was not on and have not been able to get launch pad to run since I got up even though in task manager it shows to be running.

Thanks in advanced for Help/Fix . Have a great day :)
  10. rune00 Augur

11. Pwedge New Member

ok. here i go. first i am running 2 laptops and neither one would connect.

computer 1 is windows xp (which is no longer supported by microsoft)
    computer 2 is vista

both systems were having the same issue doing the exact same thing so i checked all the regular stuff. restarted router, restarted the computers, dicked around with re-installing the setup, blah blah blah, anyway, moving on.

computer 1 has always run eq great and never have any issues until now. nothing i can do to get that one back at the moment, still down with the same error.

computer 2 runs eq ok, i keep my systems petty tight, i don't do automatic updates so i thought i would give that a shot. checked for a windows update and there were 13

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.205.58.0)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3071756)
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 on Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 x86 (KB3072303)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3073921)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3075220)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3079757)
    Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 x86 (KB3072310)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3060716)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3076895)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3078601)
    Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista (KB3078071)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3076949)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB3046017)

computer 2 now runs eq and lon just fine.
    computer 1 does not update anymore so i am not sure what to do about that one atm

hope this helps someone
    Celte likes this.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

I am also running into this issue. I've tried everything I could think of to get it to work; uninstall/reinstall, install from a working copy (second computer I am having no issues with), set-up exemptions in firewall, turn off firewall, try to use old SOE location, change setting in the short-cut (compatibility and various others), restart computer, completely shut-down wait 30 minutes and restart computer, even tried to swapping ethernet spots on my router. So far nothing is helping.
  13. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

I've been jumping through hoops, sent some file they said they needed 5 hours ago with NOTHING in response. If someone comes up with a solutoin PLEASE post it LoL
  14. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Here's an update on my end...
    I have become extremely frustrated with this situation. I decided to UNINSTALL/REINSTALL which sucks and takes forever. I went into Control Panel and selected UNINSTALL programs. As they loaded I saw TWO EQ Logos. One dated back in April when I reinstalled game and the other August 8th of this year.
    I uninstalled April 20th and said what the hell, let's try running Launcher just to see.
    Sure enough, took my info (the Launcher was no longer unresponsive to my manipulation) and began loading a 9,600 MB file (still loading mind you).
    If this works I will post it worked.
  15. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

It worked. Go into Uninstall programs and make sure there's not a conflicting Client. There will be a more recent one, do not delete that one, uninstall the older one.
  16. Trox2010 Augur

Only one client on my account; nothing is working.
  17. Tyrolias Journeyman

Man, wish you would have stated what OS you run...

Guess I can try backing up my old/original EQ folder onto another drive and just try this. Worst case scenario, I go on hiatus til they "re-support" XP... or just take a much-needed break - maybe even retire. I must say it was nice as a West Coaster to not have to cut my Sunday short to make the same old raids today. This could be a blessing in disguise haha
  18. Derd Augur

It's not xp, it's worked fine with out any problems since the patch, for most everyone. What your conflict is is hard to figure out even from reading your posts. At one point I thought I saw you say Internet explorer was a requirement but you don't have it on your system, and wouldn't. I myself never use anything but it and have never had any problems. And you haven't tried saving your ui's and hotbutton files and just deleting the whole eq file and redownloading it? OR as you said just moving it to another spot on your computer. That seems to be something to try at the very least.
  19. Tyrolias Journeyman

1.) IE is used by Launchpad. Launchpad is essentially an IE browser. At least that's what I've read.

2.) Why wouldn't I have IE on my system? I do. IE7. But I've used Firefox for 7 years now. Still, Launchpad accesses IE if I'm not mistaken.

I uninstalled ALL traces of Everquest: My original Sony > Everquest folder which I'd been using with no problem for 4-5 years prior to the last update. Uninstalled Beta. Uninstalled LoN. Uninstalled the previous attempt (2 days ago) to download a new Daybreak > Installed Game > Everquest folder. Rebooted.

Ran Malwarebytes and CCcleaner. Rebooted.

Ran the latest Daybreak eq_setup.exe file. The DirectX install did it's thing, the new Daybreak folder was created, and - once again - the new Launchpad started up and was "unable to connect".

There is no other way to download a fresh install of the game except through Launchpad.
  20. Jezzie Augur

Not sure if this is the same as JChan suggested
    From TSR SeanF
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/launchpad-not-connecting.538710/

In that case it seemed to be a problem with Launcher/Daybreak. Hopefully the issue can be resolved tomorrow.