Launchpad Was Unable To Connect...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mabiel, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Settun New Member

Friend had similar issue with the release of the new launchpad.
    Windows 7

The problem we tracked down had to do with her Firewall software not allowing the new Launchpad to access the internet. Suggest you check and make sure that your Firewall isn't the problem.
  2. Tyrolias Journeyman

That's all this is.

The game was working just fine for most everyone... no lag, no zone crashes, no log in issues, no BS. We have some updates and immediately after, many people are experiencing issues of one kind or another.

Obvious things are obvious.
  3. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Update to the issue from yesterday... it's doing it all over again.
    I was able to log in all four accounts at the same time last night, I logged off and shut down my Laptop only to attempt to sign in and the Launcher is doing that "I'm patched but you're not able to click anything because I'm zombied out" type of thing.
    I'm quite pissed off especially since Daybreak Customer Support has not even responded to my Support Ticket.
  4. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Tried all that originally, then tried it again today, still nothing via Launcher (and Daybreak STILL hasn't responded, I even tweeted the Daybreakhelp with no response, on vacation maybe?).
    Tried to UNINSTALL the last EQ but it's saying there was an error (-1) so it couldn't uninstall. I looked for the SONYUNINSTALL in Everquest Folder, not there. I can't do anything at this point not even remove the game if I wanted to.
    I'm furious at this Customer Service (well lack there of). Even if they said " dude, no F'ing clue" that would be upsetting but at least I know someone's looking into this stuff. To think I used to complain when GM's took 2 hours to respond to my /petition in game. Imagine that, understaffed back in the day with tons of issues due to BETA/Release and within 2 hours you had a GM straightening out the issue you have. That was pretty good compared to this. Since 12:30 yesterday afternoon Eastern Standard Time until now I have not heard hell or high water from Daybreak.
    Verrant would be ashamed.
    Blizzard is laughing at us.
    Since going on a rampant spending spree my girl made me remove all card information (yeah, I spent a lot on this virtual world) from the game. I am stuck farming plat for Krono at this point and I have seven days (or six) to make another 500K. Seriously pissed off right now.
  5. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

@daybreakhelp tweeted me back informing me they are limited for support on weekend. At least I got a response. Seems the tickets will be addressed from oldest to newest (makes sense). Since my issue started yesterday grats to all you who get assistance, I'll be waiting for a LONG time.
    So uninstall would not work, kept giving me an error (- 01). I tried everything even uninstalling LoN and it appears there were two versions of that as well. First one uninstalled fine, second error (-01).
    Someone suggested to just delete the Everquest folder straight from location and try to download the game new. I did that, same Launcher issue AND it's not loading the game onto my computer.
    IF this gets resolved I still won't be playing for another day or so so my Gold Membership will be flushed down the shitter as I go back to work August 31'st.
    I have this WHOLE week to thrive in Norrath and I'm sitting here updating my EPIC FAILS on this Forum instead of playing.
    In a way I'm glad my girl made me remove the cards from the game because basically I'd be wasting money sitting around waiting for some FIX to occur.
  6. Tyrolias Journeyman

Relax bro. Even if you were able to fully rid your system of every EQ related program, file, folder and registry value... a fresh attempt at an install would likely yield the same stupid results. Apparently this is not the case for all people, but it's happening to enough of us to suggest that this issue is on their end to fix, not ours.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell us what this GameLaunchCefChildProcess.exe is that starts up in task manager twice when attempting to run Launchpad.
  7. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Absolutely correct to an extent. Some of us have limited play time and it sucks when you can't even accomplish that. Like I put in my earlier posts I managed to somehow log in last night with four separate accounts at the same time. If I knew I would be facing the issue I had for six plus hours yesterday again today I would have left my characters logged in.
  8. Inga Elder

PC1 with Windows XP SP2 IE6: unable to connect
    PC2 with Windows XP SP3 IE8.0.6001.18702: working fine

Firefox can open https://lpj.daybreakgames.com/eq/live/?t=43025 page without problem on both PCs.
    IE cannot open the page on both PCs, however launchpad on XP SP3 IE8 PC can open it.

So SP3 (+ Windows Update) and/or IE8 may be required.
    I will try to update PC1 Windows Update Agent, SP3, and IE8 when I have time.
  9. Tyrolias Journeyman

Yeah well, I'm not updating to SP3. Have had no problem loading/playing Everquest for the last decade on SP2. Don't even tell me a Windows servicepack that was released in April 2008 is now all of a sudden required to play the game.
  10. Derd Augur

First I'm just trying to be helpful. Second I am by no means compute literate :) Just to see what I could do trying to see what someone using the dbg web site would encounter. First the tab, Game info on the home page, navigating down to download game. Clicking that gives the popup do you want to download eq exe. setup. Clicked save and that was a aprox 30 mb download. Next I opened folder and hit install, not wanting to wait for it to completely download I let it go for a few min's then x'd out from the download. Going into those files I started moving files from it to a new file folder
    launch pad.libs
    !checkminspec.dll
    .downloadinfo
    Launchpad > app
    Launchpad > icon
    Launchpad .config sett
    Launchpad-user > config. sett

At this point I'm able to click the application file which then opens the normal log in / password box which upon entering valid info opens up the accept the eula window. So at a minimum with just these files you should be able to get into the download phase. Hey I don't know if it helps or not but it was an experiment I felt comfortable trying with my limited computer unskilledness.
  11. Derd Augur

Wait.. why wouldn't you install the latest service pack? Your not only wanting Eq to keep working on a operating system that the Manufacturer doesn't even support, and blasting them for not figuring out why you can't get the patcher to work, but you won't even update your os to the latest and last service pack... boggle :)
  12. Ratyrel New Member

I have another suggestion that may help others, since this happened to me recently and keeps happening on Daybreak games. This was for landmark, though.

The logs of my launchpad showed it was unable to acquire a dll file, specifically http://lpj.daybreakgames.com/static/plugin/npdg0act.dll.zs

I manually downloaded that and put it in the Appdata folder it demanded (C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Daybreak Game Company). The launchpad then opened, complained the file was wrong and then reacquired components, fixing itself and going to the login screen rather than the unable to connect error. It is now working fine.
  13. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Sorry, I'm getting extremely confused LoL.
    Ok, so Daybreak sent me a long list of measures to take (none of which worked).
    My Launcher comes up but I am unable to manipulate the window (cannot click on anything). It asks for account info and lets me put in the USER NAME and PASSWORD but will not go any further, cannot click remember me on this comp and when I click play it dims but doesn't do anything but sit there dormant. I then try to click the account name and nothing happens, I click anywhere other than the USER NAME box and the PASSWORD box and nothing happens.
    I've spent the last three hours doing that long list of stuff they sent (firewall stuff and what not) and NONE of it changed anything. I removed all the EQ information and downloaded the SETUP again. It still does the above.
    I'm kind of lost here. I'm not really savvy with the files and moving what here and there and whatever. If I was I'd probably fix this issue without assistance. I need real Tech Support on this one LoL. If Daybreak would have a rep call/walk me through or whatever this would be much easier.
    I replied to their message and am waiting for a response.
  14. Felicite Augur

Interesting. I am certainly running SP2. I will try and install SP3 for science.

Thanks for the feedback.
  15. Tyrolias Journeyman

Your system has been (i'm assuming) rock solid under SP2 for 7 years. Why would you risk disrupting your otherwise-fine XP box to try to fix an issue with one game - an issue of which is clearly on their end?

I wouldn't do it if I were you... at least until/unless they make an official announcement that SP2 is somehow all of a sudden not compatible with Everquest.
  16. chunky New Member

I'm running xp so I can't get windows updates either but I have gotten it to work. I use an old eq_setup.exe from a few months ago when the TLPs were starting up. just delete your launchpad folder in your everquest directory and the 5 files that start with launchpad and install the old eq_setup.exe in your eq folder which connects everytime. Not sure how to provide you all with the old file. I e-mailed it to a friend and it worked like a charm for him too. keep in mind this is not a permanent fix. everytime you close out of eq and want to log back on go thru the same process until they allow us oldschool operating systems to use their updated launchpad. atleast it only adds a couple mins to logon which I can handle for now. :oops:
  17. DebonAir Lorekeeper

This might not be the same Problem, but i cant think of a better place to post is (except for starting a new thread):

Since the LaunchPad Patch starting the Lauchpad leads to "Daybreak Game Company LaunchPad has encountered a problem and needs to close."
    I am running XP Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 and IE8 Version 8.0.6001.18702. The system has 2 GB RAM.
    Knowing XP isn't supported by Microsoft anymore, i don't think it makes sense to "Please tell Microsoft about this Problem" - but i did it anyway,and clicked "Send Error Report".
    But since the Problem started with the LauchPad-Patch i'd like to know if there are new system requirements for running the Launchpad?
    I checked and found out, that my Internet Options are set like JChan describes it in the beginnig of the thread.
    Since i keep backups, it's easy for me to replace the new Lauchpad with a pre-patch version, which solves the Problem for me - until the LauchPad it patched again (yes, EQ runs fine when i do this!). But this can't be a permanent solution!!
    Even bypassing the Laucher (as described at http://articles.eqresource.com/bypasslaunchpad.php) and starting EQ directly works for me.

Does anyone solution for this?
  18. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Still not able to log in (day 3 just about). Talked with TSR about it, he went through all the steps possible and finally had me MSCONFIG and still nothing.
    My Gold Membership is just ticking away and my last week before going back to work is as well.
    HELP PLEASE.....
  19. Felicite Augur

I agree with what you are saying in principle, but really I just want the game to run. So I did install XP3 and ran setup yet again. After DirectX, Launchpad connected normally, I logged in, and the game is installing right now (18% and counting).

So for me XP SP3 solved my problem.

I used this XP SP3 catch up download:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24
  20. Tyrolias Journeyman

grats, but - meh. too many other people are still experiencing weird login/crash issues who are not even on XP that i'll just wait the storm out.

at this point, after a week with no access... missing raids... and no official word or solution... I've all but lost my sense of urgency.