Chain Spawn Mobs (AoW, Vulak, Hand) and the problems

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xenyn, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenyn Lorekeeper

We currently have 1 chain of mobs in the game, Freeti, overseer, and the hand. It used to be that if you started the chain you were allowed to finish it, unless you wiped and then its fair game. This was Obviously under the old EULA, and was enforced. Enforcement on fippy: when Vulak was taken all the loot was distributed to the guild that forced the spawn, not those that killed it. This was VERY effective as no guild ever did this again, because they knew that it was work for 0 gain.

Sky is not really big deal, but when we start doing AoW and Vulak spawn chains there are going to be huge problems. What guild is going to kill Lady Nev when you have 72 people from the other guild sitting at 4 corners ready to engage Vulak on the pop, and the same goes for Statue/AoW.

What can we expect DBG? Are we going to just have to play nice, get some kind of enforcement / ruling from DBG on chain spawn mobs, or will we just be ganking each other as much as possible, further adding to the caustic environment already found in the raid scene.
  2. -wycca Augur

I imagine it will be a dps race. Past that, figure out how to win that yourself....that's part of the challenge.
  3. Tarrin Augur

Its not so much a dps race. Its a "wait to let someone else do all the work first, THEN dps race the final mob".

Because..that is what makes you good at Everquest.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Detheb Augur

I will just go ahead and openly state this now. If we killed Nev to get Vulak to pop, and another guild rush's Vulak. I will have my alt cleric hanging out at WW zone line to give you the best train possible. It will be glorious!
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I would very much like to see the old pnp/engagement rules enforced in these cases. However, as the rules are written right now I can only conclude that each mob is subject to pure dps race.

Detheb, why the threat? I thought you wanted competition and no hand holding.
  6. Detheb Augur

If you're going to take the mobs that we've spawned, thats your decision. Thats not competition though, so, while i wouldn't do it, once its been done, then the gloves come off. Its that simple
  7. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Although i can see dps races being a valid method when talking about on-the-spot spawns, chain-spawns often put the final boss away from the location the trigger mobs were at. Hand is a couple isles away from Overseer. Statue is a 20s run from Avatar of War, Vulak is 30s away from the closest dragon trigger, Rallos is a good 2 mins away between zoning and running to the pit. All the chain-spawnable mobs would be dead before the raid that triggered them is in position to engage the new mob, under the current rules. As it stands, the only option is "not play", as in intentionally screw the spawns so none gets a shot at the mobs.

We are still a couple months away from when it will hit the fan. Just hoping something is done before that.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

How is that not competition? Are you not competing for a spawn? You claim to be all about the race.
  9. Crabcakes Journeyman

Love it. You're worrying about asshattery close to what, 2 years away with Velious?

Relax. You'll be long gone. Server probably will, too.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

On Fippy, the Noble cycle in Sky was contested a number of times between guilds. I was present at a number of TL v Armageddon socks of that cycle. I am not aware of enforcement action being taken against guilds that contested for the Noble and then moved on to either Overseer or Hand after they lost the DPS race on Noble, and this obviously was under the old the PNP.
  11. Detheb Augur

Bro, you know i got love for you, and respect you. So i'm choosing to not respond to the obvious troll. But you know you're wrong.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You know I return those feelings for you. But what you're saying is you want rules when they benefit you and the rest of the server can get f***** with their group content. This is not an obvious troll. If DBG going to give us the finger in group content I couldn't possibly care less if they give it to us in raid content. If you're going to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war then you can deal with the fallout, I'm not going to stand up to protect your rights to triggered mobs when the rest of us have to deal with charm KSing, dps racing, and rampant player abuse tactics.
    Felicite, Nenton, Rhiyannon and 2 others like this.
  13. Torriadore Elder

The guild that actually commits to killing idol of rallos zek will get hosed every time under the new "ruleset" unless they can keep enough in the coffers for an AoW kill immediately after while DPSing hard enough to outDPS the competition once he spawns.

Oh, and they have to pull idol next to AoW spawn. Can't lose time in movement after all.

The question remains if this level is to be stooped to by the top end guilds in a year's time.
  14. Hateseeker Augur

I would ask/make two rhetorical questions/statements on this matter:

1. What might the be the explanation for how taking a mob via charm is competition, but racing to the second trigger is not?

2 There is a difference between a complex trigger (completing Cleric epic up to the point of Ragefire trigger) and a simple one (kill mob A, mob B spawns elsewhere in zone).
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

He's right to be upset at the problem but wrong in that he thinks separate rules should be in play for group content - something he and I have differed over in the past.

Most of you might not even realize there is at least one triggered mob in era right now - Zahal the Vile spawns Regis the somethingorother for Cleric Temple of Ro quest armor, more than half the zone away. Twice now I've had to help a guildmate who had Regis taken from him - and the DBG response via petition said there was no recourse, it was a dps race.
    Felicite and Rhiyannon like this.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with my own points through your use of rhetoric. As to both though, I would say there is no difference on a "wild wild west" server with no engagement rules - if first to engage isn't protected for one it shouldn't be protected for any. The entire reason they removed the pnp/engagement rules was allegedly a lack of ability to police in-game disputes. Fine, but then you can't whine and threaten trains when it impacts the mobs you want to kill.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. Detheb Augur

You cannot compare group and raid content, period. Group content, at any level of this game can be done by 2-3 people. Raid content, in-era usually requires 30-40+ people. Comparing the two is idiotic man.
  18. Machen New Member

While we're at it, what about triggered events like the coldain ring war? DPS race ok?
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You can kill Nagafen with four mages in era. So, as it applies now, this distinction falls flat.

Now, when raids get more complex? Live by the rules you demand the rest of us live by, or you're just a hypocrite. It's really that simple. If you're so badass and want competition, then you bring enough people to cover the trigger mob and the spawn. Or, maybe, you acknowledge that it is a stupid rule to begin with and help the rest of us advocate for proper changes.
    TarewMarrForever and Mezrah like this.
  20. Detheb Augur

It isn't a stupid rule, but triggered mobs are a rare and special breed. You want to dps race for mobs, fine. But if we trigger a mob, and you start killing it before we get there, well, its not going to end well for anyone. It is a completely seperate issue altogether.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.