have proof someone is botting, want to do more than just a /petition.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dwarfmonster, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endtimes Elder

Help, someone is cheating in a video game
  2. Equanimity Journeyman

It is not a game without rules.
  3. Warlorf Augur

I highly doubt it was found out than /disband and peace out. It was exp and 95% of the people here wouldn't up and leave. Video proof with his actions post discovery would help alot but it didn't so the complaint dies there. All we have now is he said/she said. Almost like 95% of the complaints on forums. Unsubstantiated complaints, its either pics/videos or it didn't happen! Sorry OP all I can suggest is record everything you do because by the amount of complaints on here every 2nd person on server is a bot or abusing some sort of something here and there /sarcasm
  4. Sanctuis Journeyman

Exactly. In this day and age people are allowed to pretend something is proof based on the fact that they want something to be true. Good thing the real world doesn't work that way, at least not yet.
    Warlorf likes this.
  5. Equanimity Journeyman

Sort of like the assumption that the OP stayed to xp with the person after collecting whatever evidence he claims?

Why would the player he is referring to ask that he send a tell with a specific word in it to a character that he was directly controlling in order to buff him? The only logical conclusion is that the log file of the buffer was being watched for a tell with that word in it to send whatever keystrokes were required to cast the buff to that client. That's automation... botting.
    Deadlyne, Mezrah and Rhiyannon like this.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Original quotes shortened to relevant text. Interpretation of video is of course another matter.
    Warlorf likes this.
  7. Warlorf Augur

Thanks hate :)
  8. Behee Augur

Why don't people like this ever learn?

No, it really isn't. It's whether you are there at the computer, and whether you control the action. Other than that, you can safely file your taxes and/or parse dps data and/or broadcast keystrokes to multiple copies of EQ while also playing Eve online.

Does the person with the extra software break the rules? That is for DBG to figure out. Most likely, while he was there talking to you, all was ok. If you then got a fix of the good stuff every half hour all night long while he was asleep, then it is a clear violation.

There is no black and white, it's based on the context of the situation.

And you are free to stop posting silliness about how 3rd party software is against anything at all (well, except your personal agenda, but nothing to do with our reality).
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Using the built in command /rt to target the last person to send you a tell is one thing, but to also request a keyword to define what buff you want is, in this case, most certainly a form of automation. If it was a person buffing a raid, and the person was using tell windows, then I could understand the requirement for the required buff, but according to the OP, this was 1 person running a boxed group with at least 1 real player in the group.

I find the attitude of some of the posters in this thread illuminating, there seems to be more condemnation of the OP than of the person violating the ToS.
    Rhiyannon, Felicite and Barton like this.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It is more accurate to say that some 3rd party software violates the ToS. There is no legitimate/authorised use for M.Q.2, therefore said programme, if used, would always violate the ToS.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Xnao Augur

If I was the OP, I would write my congressman.
    Warlorf likes this.
  12. Precognition New Member

People like the OP are why boxers are so hesitant to help anyone, ever. Obviously he was leveling a few more toons, which he pays for, and thought it would be cool to help out some randoms. Obviously he was wrong, because as soon as the OP was done getting whatever benefit he could out of the boxer he immediately turns on him. In a world where we are expected to police ourselves as much as possible I would say that it is better to have the helpful person who boxes over the person who will stab you in the back once they get what they want. If you know that eating the apple is wrong, don't blame the baker when you eat a piece of the pie and feel ashamed.

Important note to the OP: The boxer was trying to help you bro. He didn't need you there, and would now have been better if he were just a complete clown to you. If he reads this, his reaction will be to clown players like you in the future rather than risk his help grieving his gameplay. Way to weaken the community.
    code-zero and Warlorf like this.
  13. Jezzie Augur

Which boxing program do you think the boxer was using where you send the tell "clarity" to the chanter to receive the buff?
    I myself would of spammed the tell "plat" and hoped for a result.
    Rhiyannon, skattabrainz and Warlorf like this.
  14. Yara_AB Augur

Just to mention and not to defend or blame anyone:

It is easy enough to set a hotkey on a G15 (or similar) that hits an ingame hotkey on a boxed session with:
    Code:
    /pause 10, /rt
    /pause 10, /cast 1
    /pause 10, /cast 1
    /pause 10, /cast 1
    /cast 1
    (not sure if /delay works ...it is mentioned on the forums here but I think i never used it instead of /pause)
    In combination with an audiotrigger acting on "clarity" this wouldn't be much magic to simply hit that key once the audiotrigger goes off.
    The given example would even cater to fizzles (3 of them!) ...

(we had a good thread about macros)
  15. Barton The Mischievous

I was about to ask if he might have been using the word Clarity for an audio trigger thanks Yara
  16. Jezzie Augur

Why would the audiotrigger not work during combat?
    Not sure why it would target the cleric either without being scripted.
    Admittedly I just use a few very basic macros but I can't figure this out!
  17. Yara_AB Augur

Because the guy running the character simply would concentrate on the fight and ignore audiotriggers asking for c? That's at least what I would do :) And playing a CLR I can tell you that after some fights I mostly don't recall if there were any buff-requests earlier unless I pretty much noticed them because I didn't have much healing to do.

That's what /rt is for. If someone else had sent a /tell after the c-tell it would target the other person.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

the audio trigger if that what it was would work they could/would ignore it in combat of course a script could do that as well, as far as the cleric a simple /rt macro can do that

/rt
    /rtarget
    Targets the last person who sent you a tell if they are in the same zone and within range.
    Can see more commands at http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Useful_commands.
  19. Jezzie Augur

Not trying to be funny Yara, still not understanding. If I sent the tell then the /rt shouldn't be targeting the out of group cleric everytime right?
    I thought the whole point of creating the macro was for the purpose of an automated response without any intervention from the character running the box.
    Why would the guy,running the character, concentrating on the fight need audiotriggers if it's set up to be an automated response?
    If the macro is set up then they shouldn't have to do anything right? The /rt is for the automated response?
  20. Yara_AB Augur

I am trying to understand where we lost you :) So please say so if I am off too much for you to follow.
    The ingame macro would only target the person who sent the last tell if the hotkey is pressed.
    /rt (or /rtarget) targets the character who sent you the last tell (i think you can even issue that command several times to cycle through the tellers - but not sure about that).

So - it would target the "out of group cleric" every time the hotkey is pressed.
    But you do need the person running the characters to of course hit a hotkey to target and buff - because the audiotrigger only does "something" like playing a sound-file with maybe the text-to-speech "someone needs clarity - please hit hotkey soandso" (there are tools out there to convert text to speech ... ACT even has that implemented. No idea if GINA or such might be able to do the same for EQ).

Does that explain it to you?

Literally it would be like that:
    Add audiotrigger (or GINA or whatever log-reader you have) to play a sound file (or whatever) to let you know that you should hit a certain hotkey.
    Hit that hotkey that auto-targets the last character you got a /tell from and cast a certain spell.

During combat you could just ignore that because most likely you already have another macro running that is casting a certain sequence of spells like: tash, weaken, ....
    So EQ would ignore another press of any other macro anyways.

Ingame macros can be quite powerful if you know how to (ab-)use them ;-) and know their limitations. I know folks who can accomplish stuff with them that is way beyond my knowledge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.