Server down

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mogossis, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swordmage New Member

I was involved in a 2 week server down catastrophe -- it took 6 levels of honeywell tech to find the loose wirewrap in the CPU microcode. Now, those were the good old days!
    Elkay likes this.
  2. Numi Journeyman

I think their sever budget has been reduced

Sony Server Farm:

[IMG]

Daybreak Server Farm

[IMG]

:p
    Kalamurv likes this.
  3. Selfless Lorekeeper

Before or after JFK was assassinated?
    Skitzle, Elkay, TehBRD and 1 other person like this.
  4. Wovel Journeyman

The wirewrap was actually the last thing the bullet hit.
    Skitzle and Selfless like this.
  5. Swordmage New Member

6. Blackend New Member

Now all Honeywell does is call tech support of the manufacture
  7. Kerberos New Member

Everyone wants an authentic 1999 experience until the servers go down
  8. Selfless Lorekeeper

dayBREAK games
  9. UnderTanker New Member

I was 12 in '99, rule was i only got to play 2 hours a day. I never experienced down time. Glad i get to experience what i missed out on the first time tho ;)
    Kerberos likes this.
  10. Elkay Augur

Having a 52 terabyte document library tank. That was fun times. I have many fun stories lol.

And I can guarantee it didn't take an hour to rebuild. ;)
  11. Betenoire Elder

All the forums represent is the chat rooms of the day until a GM came into the room=p
  12. Kuniva Lorekeeper

Dang... I was really hoping to ding level 5 today. :(
  13. Willulearn Journeyman

This for real! Its an authentic version, but back in the day, there werent any forums or chat to track it, you just WAITED. :p
  14. Betenoire Elder

lolz
  15. Vadaael Journeyman

Thank you. I am slightly less annoyed.
    Elkay likes this.
  16. Selfless Lorekeeper

Twitch the server rebuild...
  17. uk6999 Augur

Hardware failure could be just about anything. If they are doing a bmr could take hours depending on their DR strategy and if they ever tested it. Double that time if it is a standalone server and not virtual.
  18. Betenoire Elder

There was,chat rooms with GM's popping in and out and a crappy little banner across the top, quite honestly used to be a lot of fun getting rowdy in there with players from other servers, since that was the only time in game you could chat with people from other servers outside of message boards.
    Maumoss, Demonoid74 and Elkay like this.
  19. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

Hardware issue could mean anything. Could have a power supply go bad, someone might have spilled a drink n the rack, fans could have stopped. Anything. Guessing we are lookng at hours not minutes. Heading to bed.
  20. Sinzz Augur

they has manual out and trying to figure out how to put the dipswitches on the mother board :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.