Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Hexaholic Augur

Not getting to a raid target does not constitute someone's inability to play a game. There is so much game to play. I'm glad they are making PoHate/ PoFear spawn faster, that's great. But as they believe, and I believe, there needs to be some sort of contention for the raid mobs still. Glad it is remaining that way.
  2. Kegwell Lurker since '99

I always thought pewp socking was when you were out camping and didn't have any TP available...
  3. Eskey Journeyman

I finally woke up and decided to read through the last 12 pages of posts...

I keep seeing people from TL and even some others say that if we want to raid then stop being casual. They claim that because they can do it everyone who wants to raid can.

While I don't completely disagree with your logic, I disagree with the statement. You are right, if I want to raid I can join a raiding guild, I can log in each night and spend 4-12 hours fighting, yelling, screaming, training, ksing and every other horrible thing I can think of.

Because that is exactly what all 5 raiding guilds on Ragefire do each and every night...

You enjoy that, you claim to hate socking and I kind of believe it. However you and the people like you THRIVE off of griefing others...

This is not about loot, this is not about content and this is not about competition... This is about 80% of this server being people like me... Who do not want to take part in the cancer you call competition...

It has nothing to do with hardcore/softcore. I have no quarrels being a hardcore raider... I have quarrels being forced to act in a way that I feel is against the very spirit of EverQuest because there are no longer any rules.

I realize this is a last ditch cash grab by DBG... and I realize it has worked... But it would have been awesome if your cash grab had actually given your players an experience they enjoyed.
  4. Rhiyannon Augur

i'm talking about the raids as well as the rest.
  5. Groans Augur

This still wont work. Alot of us dont want to compete and have done it in the past , alot of us are relaxing and enjoying the ride and do not want to even see these fudgesticks when raiding much less compete with them. How do we get through to you guys. Instance the darn raids already.
    Kegwell and Barton like this.
  6. Sadsong Elder

Thank you, DEVS! This is exactly what my guild and I were hoping for, good job!
  7. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

There's nothing more infuriating to me than people crapping all over those who spend more time on the game than they do, especially when people start making blanket claims of things regarding life choices, living arrangements, etc. For your own arguments sake and to not make yourself look like the bad guy, please refute arguments, don't target people.
    Osgz likes this.
  8. Moklianne Augur

Umm, I thought this was supposed to be a classic server?
  9. Osgz Lorekeeper

You Augur's are funny its a TLP (Time Locked Progression) server set in classic era. the only classic is the land and that isnt even classic as it has been modified.
  10. SBC0 Elder

The success of this server will rely on people keeping their subscriptions- Don't worry, these people won't have their jobs for long...
  11. SBC0 Elder

They do say that the dumbest people are the ones who are managers
  12. SBC0 Elder

13. SBC0 Elder

14. Tamagini New Member

The problem is that EQ wasn't designed to protect players from griefers. It shouldn't be possible to PvP, but it would take real work to fix all the things people can do to piss off each other. They did fix this specific problem around PoP I think, which is when I think the instancing started. LDoN was all instances, a true PvE experience where the object was to gather a group and play together against the game. The object on Ragefire is to play against the players who are in the way of your conquest.
  15. Hinanar New Member

What do you expect when there are multiple GM's playing in TL? When Varrant ran things it was against the rules for a GM to even have a player on a server they were active on. TL is also the top seller of platinum to the platinum site run by the largest hack subscription site for EQ. Go figure.
  16. Groans Augur

How do you know there are GMs in TL? I seriously doubt that. that would be a conflict of interest.
  17. SBC0 Elder

Because God forbid you let another guild try a raid target when they already have a partial force in the zone first.
  18. Eskey Journeyman

You can tell this post has absolutely no basis in fact by the first sentence... Silly rabbit thinks there are still actually GMs that do any policing at all.

The problem is not corrupt GM's as your conspiracy theory would have everyone believe but it is the LACK of GM's at all.

This is why ever major MMO instances content... It is cheaper to create equal copies for everyone to play their way then to employ a police force to keep the 10% from running the 90% off.

I believe DBG is eventually going to realize this... About 2 weeks before they have to shut the lights off because they have managed to kill something that lasted 16 years in 6 months.
  19. SBC0 Elder

With all due respect, I have a news flash for you- We get that a progression server is the only place you and your boxer guildies desire- that doesn't mean your desires are above everyone else's..
  20. Agrippa Augur

What I've yet to see a counter argument for is that the griefers and pvp mentalists would still be able to do their thing in with the bosses in normal zones. Allowing instances wouldn't hurt their play style in the least bit. It'd only allow those that don't want a pvp atmosphere or that are unable to log in at any random moment a chance to raid.