Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doss Mode New Member

blah blah blah more technicalities. You just trollin now buddy... lol
  2. Koschei Journeyman

Perfect, put you down as a 'yes' then!
  3. Vaclav Augur

Making sure people understand the core of what's being discussed is trolling?
    Kasuka likes this.
  4. Mayfaire Augur

Ok, I'll play.

What is your solution about family members (room mates, whatever)?

I have yet to see anyone offer a solution to that. Or, is it just "Eff those family aholes"? lol
  5. Doss Mode New Member

They way you disregard my comment "new server with expansionless content" is trolling. The fact we are even having this conversation on this thread is trolling. I am wasting someone's time right now if they are reading this.
  6. Mayfaire Augur

My question above applies to any anti-boxer, btw. Two questions, actually:

1. What do you propose to do about family members/room mates once you limit their IP address to one account?

2. Why do you care so very much about what other people are doing?
  7. Vaclav Augur

To be honest I ignored it because it's still not a thing - Leadership AA were expansion content now tied to "Classic" or "Expansionless", etc and I was already covering that in the post already.

You keep adjusting the phrasing but the core message is the same - and that core message is not happening by stated design.
  8. Numiko Augur

I saw one of the anti boxing crusaders say that people who clam they are playing with family are just fibbing and are really boxing all the accounts themselves!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
  9. Mayfaire Augur

Oh please, really? LOL. I swear, I think half of Reckless Ascension is related to at least one other person in the guild. I can fully attest that there are an epic crap-ton of people who play this game who play with their spouses, or with their kids or whatever. Not to mention the number of couples I have met/played with/guilded with who met their partner while playing EQ.

Sadly, I cannot get my fiance interested in EQ, but I will fight the good fight for my friends who want to play with their families! :D
    Pukk and Fallfyres like this.
  10. Gehlfein Elder

1. A non-issue if they go with the approach that unassisted boxing is legal. You can have 3 computers, or 3 windows running at once. You want to control 3 different characters, you alt-tab and give 3 different orders to 3 different characters. So long as you give 1 action and 1 character responds to it, it's legit as far as I'm concern.

2. Because people who use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or other "boxing programs" are cheaters. I don't like to play the same game as cheaters.They control up to 6 characters easily, 5 of which *they do not control*. I don't care what stupid fracking symantics these cheaters come up with to justify it... like: "Oh, well, I'm at the keyboard... so it's not automated"... if you're controlling 1 character and a 3rd party program automates the commands you've given and spreads them to 5 other characters you aren't actively controlling... you're no different than someone who bots 5 characters while playing 1 other and are a cancer to this game.

I repeat: If your chosen playstyle requires the use of a 3rd party program to achieve... you are a cheater. End of story.
    Maginus likes this.
  11. Mayfaire Augur

Well, then you differ from all of the other people who want to ban all boxing, including the large majority who do not use any outside assistance. My questions were for those folks.
  12. Klober_Dcard Journeyman

the main draw to a progression server in my opinion is the race to get too high end
    allowing transfers from rage would eliminate the chance of getting ahead
    i wanted to try and get in fast and get ahead but due to login issues and crashes due too improved loot i fell to far behind to want to compete
    long story short about first day 6 hours waiting(attempting to log in) for about 8 hours play next day 100% attempting to log in not sure how long it was don't remember what time it was when i woke up.
    I would love the new server to not allow boxing but i would give that about a 2% chance of happening
    I would be interested in giving new server a try again attempting to race to high end
    but if they allow xfer from rage no thnx
    PS LONG LIVE EVERQUEST!
  13. xgalox New Member

Fresh restart with no boxers - and i will resub for sure :)
  14. Mayfaire Augur

And 2 more show up requesting no boxers, yet no one has any answers for my 2 very simple questions. <sigh>
  15. Numiko Augur

you're not an anti boxer, you're anti ISOboxer, unfortunately a lot of others in the crusade are so anti box even the sight of someone two boxing throws them into a frothing attack frenzy that a ISIS fanatic would nod in approval at.
    Pukk likes this.
  16. Deadbones Journeyman

Removing the /follow command from the new server would do wonders.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

Trying to get one of you to help me understand your PoV, and no one will answer.

Why do that (take /follow out)? Why do you care how other people play the game? How does it hurt you? What purpose does it serve?

I am not trying to be rude (well, not entirely). I very seriously don't understand why so many of you care what other people do?

I mean, do you guys follow other people walking down the street and tell them they should walk like you, too? That the way they swing their arms in time with their feet is all wrong? lol :rolleyes:
  18. Eximos New Member

The problem is not boxing as many seems to think, the problem is the overpowered DPS certain classes have compared to what the contet was made for. In the old times it was not possible for any group boxed or not to kill off half a zone alone. Now they do and that result in that one group or even one person can claim the content of 3 or more groups. In the end there wont be enough content to support all the players.
  19. Chips Elder

I'm not sure if it's a poll or not, but I probably would stay on Ragefire. However, when there is a queue (hopefully it'll show how many are in the queue soon) I probably would play on Lockjaw. The queues have been pretty long. I've been in a queue (afternoon or dinner times) around 45mins - 2 hours; most of the time at least 45 minutes.

Thank you for adding the 2nd server (soon)! :)
  20. Deadbones Journeyman

If you don't see how a group using ISOboxer effects the game play of others than I have to question if you've played on the new server or the sincerity of your wanting to understand others point of view in this matter. It's been well stated how 'some' players botting effects the experience of others in a negative way and shouldn't be accepted. Would having a server without the /follow command greatly effect any one group more than those using the botting programs?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.