Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tronk Augur

And, please calculate the amounts you will pay back to people with multiple accounts as part of this "demand". I have no tolerance for bait & switch, enabled by the intolerance of a small minority. All-Access is all-access. Every account is the same. No special rules, no special restrictions. Fair, equal access. Anything less, start dishing out the payments.
    Sendori, Mayfaire, Pukk and 2 others like this.
  2. Mynxx Journeyman

I'm not sure what you, or any other individual that shares this mindset is truly thinking, but this simply isn't the answer. First off, not everyone is entitled to share your mentality on how the game should be played, and why should they? If they're subscribing just as you are, and playing by the rules, they have every right to utilize the Progression server(s) just as you do. More importantly, they bring more profit to DBG with their multiple accounts, so why the hell should they be limited?

Also note, not everyone who plays under the same household/IP is a "boxxer". Some of these individuals, like myself, play with more than one person in the same household. Some households have several people playing, why should they policed or limited simply because you're crying that you can't find a group cause X player has 6 toons he is all controlling? So long as he isn't botting those characters to his advantage, who really gives a f**k? He's paying to play and acquire a similar experience through Progression and no anti-boxxing should limit a paying subscriber from that.
    Grove, Sendori and Mayfaire like this.
  3. Eskey Journeyman

It has nothing to do with entitlement. There are two servers now... if you make one where boxers can ruin the server and one where players who want a real everquest experience can enjoy the server everyone wins...

And honestly the population appears to be split 50/50 on boxing vs non boxing so you would also manage to completely divide the population as well.
    O_Castitatis_Lilium and Maginus like this.
  4. Gehlfein Elder

Ugh.

1. You want to be treated like everyone else? Stop asking for permission to break the rules.

2. http://www.ablegamers.com/ - If you are capable of actually typing out a post, many gamers are far more disabled than you and manage to play without cheating.

3. Based on the way you phrased this, I'm willing to believe your only handicap is being a very bad troll.
  5. Tyraxor Augur

You are typing very well and fast for a disabled person Tronk, i'm calling .
    You just want to keep your easy boxing.
  6. Goodnews Augur

He can keep his boxing, how many servers allow boxing currently? this is ridiculous
    Grisnkh and Maginus like this.
  7. Templeton Augur

Eh? The multi account boxers will have Ragefire.

We are talking about Lockjaw being no boxing...

Why would you need any kind of refund? You have your solo play space, why do you care if other play styles get theirs?

Coming across as either not understanding what's being said, or being a bit crazy tbh.
    Grisnkh and Maginus like this.
  8. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Roshen, this is excellent news on both fronts!

I have two questions.

Firstly, I am curious if you are planning on allowing free server transfers?

Second question I would have is would you consider having a vote for Lockjaw to have the same ruleset, but possibly open with Kunark and/or Velious? A lot of us are looking forward to PoP, and while I know many voted for classic, I would love to have one open with even more content. Classic just feels very small, and six months is a long time.

I think I will play on Lockjaw

Thanks again :)
  9. Koschei Journeyman

I play regularly with a disabled gamer, but I can't figure for the life of me how you went from automation to running multiple accounts simultaneously as an argument. I'm all in favor for quality of life improvements to help those enjoy the game, but is [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] the answer to this, and why multiple instances of the game?

I guess every case is different, but I'm interest to learn more about how you play.

I will disregard the "After all, it is you who pays less, and should expect less" noise as that's clearly not the case. Each player should be entitled to have their voice, if you have one or 1000 accounts, it's still you, you don't get 6x more opinion just because you have six accounts, that's absurd. You get to vote on the server, that's fair, and that was agreed and everyone has accepted that.
  10. Templeton Augur

This is essential for Lockjaw to work.
  11. Mynxx Journeyman

Oh please. Quit yer bitchin'. You can't enforce a no-boxing ruleset where those who aren't actually boxxing but sharing the same IP are going to be punished. These are paying subscribers and the efforts to police such a rule would be time consuming and costly. If you're really wanting a box-free server, I'd suggest P99.
    SuedeVeil and Sendori like this.
  12. code-zero Augur

So what you're proposing is that DBG turn one server into a virtual Oceana from 1984 with an eager population of informants to constantly spy on the other players and report any who "aren't having fun the right way". With the "right way to have fun" apparently enabling a sort of virtual police state.

No thanks
    Sendori, Mayfaire and Steampunk like this.
  13. Koschei Journeyman

Funny I was going to suggest Lockjaw for this, so I can join a robust community of players who compete on a level playing field and to promote social interaction. If P99 can do it, I'm sure Daybreak games are more then capable. Remember you still have Ragefire and the other servers to enjoy with your friends and other accounts.
  14. Eskey Journeyman

No one is going to be punished. You still have Ragefire... All that would change is people who want to make sure there is no boxing have a space... One server out of seventeen. It's not unreasonable.
  15. velious916 Journeyman

Great news. You saved yourself a subscriber by doing this.
  16. Templeton Augur

You do realise that peer policing already happens?

Yes, I am suggesting the policy be set and the players to report when that policy is broken.

The same as it always has been.
    Grisnkh and complexication like this.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

On the first day RF was open, some as*hats were training the hell out of Nek Forest, training zombies on to level ones. My group was frustrated, yes, but we moved ourselves around out of the way, then heard about /pickzone. We then moved ourselves to a different instance with less angry children suffering from pen*le issues, and proceeded to have a great time.

Basically, what I am saying is, yes it would be nice to go back to the days of old with GMs just a few tells away, but that is no longer the reality. So, you may have to problem solve these issues for yourself in order to enjoy the game.
    O_Castitatis_Lilium, Maginus and PPQ1 like this.
  18. Mynxx Journeyman

I personally don't box, but I'm not the one crying about those who do. I'm simply stating that so long as these individuals are playing by the rules, there should be no policing involved whatsoever. Why would DBG do so, anyways? Thus costing more money on their part to police and maintain, all while enforcing a rule that reduces the level of profitability? P99 is also one, lone server - And the goal is/was to maintain a pre-Luclin, 100% Classic feel - Something DBG will never be capable of (and admitted to such).

I also want to point out that by inhibiting and enforcing such rules, you're excluding those from an "ALL-ACCESS" gaming experience. So you essentially want to be able to play YOUR way, all while reducing the efforts of others who wish to play differently than you, but while we're all paying the same amount of money? That's just bogus, my friend.
    Mayfaire and Koschei like this.
  19. Draekon Elder

This'll be perfect, considering each server is going to be in classic for 6 months, and now you're dividing that by two after only a week up.
  20. kreonin New Member

I don't care if someone boxes characters. they pay, they play. So what. Boxing has been going on since this game began. Boxing is NOT EVEN A RELEVANT issue. What is a relevant issue is people staying logged into the game while AFK while they go about their normal lives. I want to log in. Boxers don't keep me from logging in. people trying to circumvent the wait time by staying in game AFK do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.