Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyraxor Augur

Doesn't matter, there was no such prog in 99.
    Keep banning this , good work.
    And to everyone who gets upset: Play the game for real just one time, with 1 toon.
    Riley likes this.
  2. Lilrod Journeyman

sheesh you cant even say ***** here yet its rampant on TLP servers
  3. Dredic New Member

Woot ... Please disable follow and keep the rule set the same incase you need to merge. Congrats on the awesome job and popularity. Everquest will always rock.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Tronk Augur

Not possible, as already stated many, many times.
    Sendori likes this.
  5. Mynxx Journeyman

Not to mention with how many people there are boxing vs those that aren't, clearly the vote would pass for boxing. Lol.

Don't see why we're hating so much on boxers. Albeit, BOTTING is an issue that is currently being addressed and should continue to be addressed. But, to punish subscribers playing by the rules for simply having more than one account? You want a ruleset like that, go play on P99.
  6. Sinzz Augur

I will enjoy lockjaw
  7. Tronk Augur

I thought those nasty boxers were taking up camps? If you make it hard to move, they just will stay there in that one spot you REALLY, REALLY want, because it's too hard to move.
    Pukk likes this.
  8. Lilyedan Ownz'Yu New Member

you realize that it takes about 10minutes to change your IP not to mention VPN's are available so banning IP's or doing IP restriction is barley a pothole to swerve around for people.

I six boxed on Vulak legit with no programs using 3 computers and alt tabbing and I was more efficient than any one using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] because [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] allows for zero flexibility in situations that call for it.

They wont stop boxing, they wont stop [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], because Daybreak is a business and people who 6box pay 6x what you a person who doesn't box pays and history has show you'll cry them a river about it but the number of people who truly will quit over it is significantly less than the accounts they would lose by not allowing boxing.
    Pukk and Mynxx like this.
  9. Mynxx Journeyman

Absolutely silly and not going to enforce. But, I'm sure DBG would love to lose X amount of subscriptions just because you're sad that there are people out there playing more than one account at a time.
    Pukk likes this.
  10. iatre Journeyman

That's still automation, by definition. You press a button to, say, cast a nuke on one character. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] then controls your other 5 characters to do something else assigned to that button.

Using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] gives you an unfair advantage over people who don't use it. Period.
  11. Goodnews Augur

Let me make sure I am understanding this clearly. 17+ servers currently that allow boxing and still people do not want DBG to launch ONE non-boxed server?
    For that matter, merge, Fippy/Vulak, reset one of the two to restrict boxing and I'll go play on an old name server.
    I feel like I'm taking crazy pills over here...
  12. Ziggy Augur

There are in fact other ways to detect use of third party software.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Proh New Member

Back in my day the word for [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was called exploit. Does the game intend for you to be able to push a single button which in turn provides 6 separate actions? I may be mistaken but I thought 1 button for 1 action was the norm.
    Riley and Koschei like this.
  14. Gehlfein Elder

If a few kids can do it on their after school project (Project 1999), I have every confidence SOE can figure out how to if they're so inclined.
    Riley and Koschei like this.
  15. Tyraxor Augur

Because we have hardly any real players left in this game, it's all people who look for profit.
    And exactly the reason why i'm not much interested.
  16. Versifier Elder

Having played Everquest before gives players an unfair avdantage over people who haven't! Period!! Best to just ban anyone who has ever played Everquest previously to make it fair to new players.
    Sendori and Tronk like this.
  17. Tronk Augur

No, sorry. It enables me as a disabled person to do what others without disabilities can.

You are demanding a restaurant remove access to the ramp so only people who can climb stairs can access it. Either remove all boxing (not an option), or you have to put up with tools that let the disabled play like others.

You don't like it, well that's your problem. I pay, and I play. Frankly, I would prefer if they made boxing required. You MUST have multiple EQ instances per PC logged in on a server to avoid being kicked out. After all, it is you who pays less, and should expect less.

Instead, it's the entitlement people claiming they should get the most even though they pay the least, in the name of "fairness". You define automation your way, I will define fairness mine.
  18. Templeton Augur

It doesn't need to be IP blocked. The community will police it and GMs will observe the reports. People that have their paid accounts to lose tend to behave more.

All it needs is the policy in place and will from DBG to put the game before greed for once.

So, DBG, you've exceeded your own expectations... Now how about exceeding the ones of the large no boxing part of your community? The demand is clear.
    SuedeVeil and Grisnkh like this.
  19. Tronk Augur

Best argument ... EVAR!!!
  20. Unique_Moop Augur

uh what did i say about fun?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.