[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonFire New Member

Automation implies something that happens without direct, immediate input from the user, something that can act without the user telling it when/what to do.

As an analogy, a power timer that turns on your lights at night is automation, flipping the power switch on a power bar to turn off your TV and cable box at the same time is not.
  2. Batman_Ragefire New Member

Does it not automate a single key to four or more other active windows? 3rd party is 3rd party. If done with in game feature such as auto follow, then the user selects that screen and attacks, that is legit.
  3. Tronk Augur

It is NOT automation. You still have to be at the keyboard. This has been addressed by the dev's many times before. You disagree, but you do so due to lack of knowledge, and you clearly have an agenda.

These are old issues, dealt with by the developers of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and the SOE/DBG dev's.
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Tronk Augur

3rd party -- this would apply to using notepad to read your logs. People use 3rd party apps like The Internet to look up recipes, quests solutions, plus programs to determine their DPS and so on.

3rd party support is common. How you use it determines what is acceptable under the terms of service. Automation is defined as controlling the characters while not at the keyboard. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] does not automate, it requires you to be at the keyboard. To automate, you need to add other software.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Tamier Augur

Yes thats true, you can bot with . But you can still violate the EULA with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], and no i'm not wrong. I've seen the videos, one keystroke to activate things on multiple accounts is a 3rd party program that provides an unfair advantage the normal player does not have. Wrong sir. Move on.
  6. Sarthorn New Member

We have 3 accounts , when my wife and son don't play I sometimes box there toons,1 on each of there computers and play all 3 at a time with no other programs just 3 computers logged into 3 accounts, but we can never have more than 1 of us ever on this new server so I haven't had any playtime with their toons
  7. Ishvah Elder

Hey, I'm all about boxing 1 or 2 toons, but 6? That's outrageous and my biggest problem with it is i just zoned into Unrest, and the whole courtyard was 4 groups of 6 boxing mages. The problem is getting out of control. And you guys need to learn that you aren't the only ones playing and need to share, otherwise you wouldnt get reported to begin with
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

automation is what you currently see on ragefire when 6 characters all do the same movement in unison as if a program is playing instead of person alt-tabbing :).

Just watched a 6 box as they all cast exact times, they cast if a target nears them, they all sit and stand same exact time. That's not boxing, it's just using a program to play for you.
    Sarthorn likes this.
  9. jordune Augur

dosent prove automation.
    it does prove Broadcasting .. that means.. a fellow pushes a butten and that butten push goes to the Same butten on the other toons.
  10. jordune Augur

its amazing how vary ignorant you people are being.
  11. jordune Augur

your a fool. read about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. read what he Said.
  12. Ziggy Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] used to be key replication/broadcasting. But it is certainly much more than that now. You can add extensions through Inner Space, use applications vitualization, set up menus, cast on selected screens and much more all from 1 window.

That's automation, not replication.
  13. Motherlee Augur

"Unfair advantage" is a whiny, stupid claim to make. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] IS, and ALWAYS has been legal. You should stop the 'unfair advantage' crap or people with slow connections or learning disabilities are going to demand that you be handicapped so your 'unfair advantage' is mitigated.
  14. Motherlee Augur

Say what? Maybe you should be providing chat support instead of me, since you seem to know so much (wrong) stuff about the program! See you soon in EQ1 IRC!
  15. Ziggy Augur

New Company, seems to be more willing to enforce the rules that have always been there -- and there has been no posts from the dev team saying it was acceptable, just a post from piestro (community manager, not dev) 3 years ago on a eq2 thread.

And Piestro said it was ok without mentioning it by name and based his research ONLY upon reading the website ... which of course the developer is going to put in the best possible light .. he should have investigated more I think.
  16. IamVero Journeyman

It is not cheating and not a shady program. You can literally download it in 60 seconds with a google search. "Shady program" Good god. Been around forever and the creator is vocal to the community but it's shady mate. What a joke.
  17. Ziggy Augur

Pretty easy to see who is using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], unfair advantage and god mode that violates the eula is cheating.
    Tamier likes this.
  18. Maxe Augur

If you actively seek a program outside of the game and its peripherals, ie: not an addon or interface. If you use a program to do the work for you. If you think it's okay simply because other people do it. You are shady. Other people do hardcore drugs. Other people jump off bridges. Just because other people do it, doesn't make it not shady. I made it as simple as possible for you.
    O_Castitatis_Lilium likes this.
  19. Lennyn Elder

It's only an unfair advantage if you don't have access to it. Anyone that wishes to can access [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. This is the same ridiculous argument people in World of Tanks make when someone uses a mod they don't like.

Anyone can create new FTP accounts and box as many toons as they want. (Obviously they have to be All Access to play on a Progression server.) They can also go download [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] if they want.
  20. Lennyn Elder

Verant, (and later Sony) made a decision to not allow any kind of mod to their game. Games like WoW and World of Tanks have incorporated player made mods as standard features into their games. EQ could have done the same, but chose to call that cheating instead.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.