Liquid Courage mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mythaniel, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I had one error since the hot fix. It is best grab the task solo on the character without the helm and AFK for 40-90 minutes. Repeat if you don't get the helm the first time. Easy bonus reward.
  2. Apoc Augur

So what exactly gives the bonus now just being in zone for 45 mins lol?
  3. EQgamer23 Elder

I can't get this to drop either - no idea how to do it now - has there been a patch on it in the last week?

it's not giving the helm to any of my toons no matter how many mobs I kill or how long I afk, bridge, trench, nadda

What do you have to do now??
  4. Belkar_OotS Augur

I am also interested to know. Any characters I actually completed the mission on hasn't been able to get it with the alternate "sit and wait" option.
  5. IDotPeople Augur

Is the bonus reward even attainable any more? Tried monsters, tried waiting, tried killing eyes of zomm. Do I need to be blind drunk to receive reward for 'Liquid Courage' ? Anyone with confirmation of getting this in the last day or two would be great, I have no idea what else to do.
  6. Bigbear Augur

i have gotten the helm on two of my toons since the patch... what i have done is invis and go the trench next to the bridge to camp tamriel (or what ever that one is called that you have to go to to turn in the sword) then once in the trench... i kill one mob then sit and wait til the 45 to 50 minute mark and got a helm twice that way. but i have tried and got an error on the last attempt to get a third helm for my last toon.

on the error attempt ...the two of my toons that had their helm had already put them in their houses to use the helm as a trophy and not sure if that was why i didnt get the helm for my last toon

the achievement is called "rivers run red" so i just figured that killing a mob in the trench or on the bridge over the trench satisfies the achievement

but i have gotten two helms the way i described above
  7. Zentara Augur

Just do the mission as it's intended. Kill lots of mobs and at/near 45 minutes the trophy will be randomly awarded to a party member.

3/3 in 3 runs for me in the last week.
  8. Apoc Augur

Strange I duoed with an enc and wizzy took about 1 hr 15 mins lol 45 mins alone for one drop. Got nothing
  9. EQgamer23 Elder

Yep, same - just spent 45 mins killing mobs in the trench, nothing. Spent another 45 mins after killing 1 mob afking in trench, nothing.

You do this after handing in the sword at the beginning I'm assuming?

I'm getting kind of pissed that this helm doesn't seem to be attainable now...

Elidroth, was there a change in the last few days that would make it different to attain than what these people are saying?
  10. Bigbear Augur

well the first time i did the mission i handed in the sword but then i tried without even doing that... just killing one mob in the trench and waiting.. and i still got the helm and third time i got the error msg
  11. IDotPeople Augur

So have tried killing a few then leaving it be for 40-50 mins, nothing. Then in the same mission told Buzoan to get out and then killed for a solid 50 mins, nothing. Got through task up to the give the guy alcohol part, still nothing. Restarted task, gave Buzoan sword, killed pigs nonstop for about 60-70 mins, nothing again. I don't know what hoop I need to jump through here, but if anyone knows it, would be much obliged if you could tell me!
  12. EQgamer23 Elder

Yea, it's garbage. Can't believe no comment on this.

Elidroth?
  13. Iila Augur

Next year for sure..
  14. Ferry-Tunare Augur

While I'm sure there were 3 people on FV and a dwarf in Triton who enjoyed these type of open ended tasks, it was a pain for the rest of us and was yet another source of frustration to us highlighting a disconnect we all feel between us and the man. In case no one has yet understood this, please stop making these type of tasks.
  15. IDotPeople Augur

In addition to the bonus being near impossible to get now, it would seem the mission likes to break when trying to just finish it as well. After the second ambush, buzoan has forgotten how to move. Tried go, move, stop, movem out rawhide, nothing doing.
  16. Iila Augur

That's been reported the whole time it's been around.
  17. Keesi New Member

Did the mission on Thursday, killed over 100 mobs in the zone, spent 4.5 hours in the zone, completed the mission... no bonus.
    Did the mission on Friday, killed over 50 mobs in the zone, spent over an hour, made sure to kill the 3 other semi-mini-named (Garrak Tyrant, Seartooth Captain, Diaku Redeemer), completed the mission... no bonus
    Doing the mission today, killed over 40 mobs in the zone, spend about an hour... still no bonus.... (mission in progress)

I think it's broken...
  18. Keesi New Member

Defiantly broke atleast to some point... finished the quest yet again. Buzoan is in PoTranq on Povar... doesn't do anything when you talk to him.

*** BUG *** Also, after completing the quest (yeah, you guessed it, no bonus) when talking to Buzoan after killing Subcommander Gordash for the quest and hailing him to complete it, if you go back through the dialogue of Buzoan's text with him you'll spawn Subcommander Gordash a SECOND time...

Two days left, can't complete the quest due to bugs...
  19. Kellaer Augur

This mission can do two things as you play in it. The first is, it will sometimes give someone the trophy. The second is, it will sometimes not give someone a trophy.
  20. mmofosho Lorekeeper

Unless my RNG is the craziest anyone's ever seen - this is simply untrue. From where I'm standing - much like the rest of the people who are posting - the two outcomes are:

1. You can try what people are saying - and not get the helm
    2. you can complete the mission - and not get the helm.

This is horse either way - given that this is expiring - I would expect that if it's broken, it gets fixed.

If it gets swept under the run until next year, I'm going to be pissed.