Liquid Courage mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mythaniel, Mar 27, 2015.

1. EQgamer23 Elder

Agreed - wtf is going on? people are trying to get the mission done, the way it's intended, and the cheap way, and there's utter silence?
  2. IDotPeople Augur

Gave it one last shot today, consistently murdered orcs and ogres right on top of the eastern bridge. Just to ensure the bloodflow was good, threw a few corpses of mine worth down there. This continued for a good 60 mins, nothing. Next I killed 35 pigs under the bridge, nothing again. Tried hailing the guy since I had all the armor, nothing. Drank all the strange liquids the mission had to offer, nothing.

Unless there is some trick I'm missing here, this is severely broken, wasted 20 hours on this now, trying anything I could think of. Good freaking luck if anyone hopes to get this now.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Tried helping two guildies to get their trophy yesterday, murdering mobs on the bridge, under the bridge, and in the moat belonging to Castle Tamrel. One of them even waited for the full 6 hour duration. No helmet awarded. "Rivers Run Red" seems to have run dry.

This mission has been consistently broken for most of its availability, and it gets taken down tomorrow.
  4. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Try posting on the new community managed issue tracker. Hopefully they'll remember it's broken and prioritize it next year. Sorry you're having the difficulty.
  5. Kellaer Augur

Man, this happened with the Halloween quest where you have to dig up graves in certain zones depending on your level too. The developers fixed it, but the fix went in too late and the mission giver despawned. Why can't they be extended for a while once a fix has been released? Does it really screw things up if that happens?
  6. EQgamer23 Elder

yea would like to see this fixed and extended by at least a week
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  7. piaget New Member

8. Ssdar Augur

Pub Crawl too since the final turnin npc has been down for days!
  9. piaget New Member

any news? rather not go waste my evening for nothing? anyone had any luck today?
  10. Kellaer Augur

I simply do not understand why limited time quests that have broken scripts or missing NPCs are not extended. I just don't.

"Next year for sure" just doesn't make sense to me. How many days are in a year again?
    Shadva Del`Shai and Garshok like this.
  11. EQgamer23 Elder

Agreed - really terrible way to treat your player base to just ignore the issue.

"*shrug* well the mission is over, so we've bought ourselves 11 months to care about it"

Many players spent several hours trying to complete this - with not a single word in the end - really really terrible experience Daybreak. Very disappointing.

I'd still like to hear from someone on the dev team - even if it's just a "sorry we couldn't figure it out in time" to confirm that there was an issue.
    Shadva Del`Shai and Garshok like this.
  12. Kellaer Augur

Even if the problem couldn't be determined "in time," it is the developers that set the time. I don't mean to point fingers or sound nasty at our devs or anything, but I really don't know why the quests and relevant NPCs can't stay around longer if there is an issue with them. I'm sure there is a reason, but is it one that makes sense?
    Garshok and EQgamer23 like this.
  13. EQgamer23 Elder

Agreed - I guess I'm just frustrated with a complete lack of communication.

But you're right - even with an explanation, there's no reason why the quest should be over, or the deadline be used as an excuse as to why no one is addressing it.
    Garshok likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sometimes when temporary content is broken they've extended it, but not holding my breath on this one =/.
  15. piaget New Member

i had already put in for a retired tag in my guild this past month but this just sealed it for me. why am i paying you people? thanks for nothing. which is exactly what i will be paying you after this month is up.
  16. Arcainos Augur

Yea, I was kinda disappointed about this - got the helm on my main the cheapy way, then couldn't figure out how to get it legit in the last couple of weeks
  17. Iila Augur

Yeah, anyone who didn't get it with the flasks before it was "fixed" got screwed. And the people who tried to get it after the latest "fix" were completely screwed.
  18. Silv Augur

The best part was that every time the official answer was "It's fixed [for realz this time]".
    Iila likes this.
  19. Iila Augur

We keep getting this ERROR message, but we can keep clicking flasks so it's not a big deal.
    "It's not supposed to be on the flasks, so I fixed it"
    We have no clue what triggers the bonus, but it randomly happens about an hour in, and sometimes still gives an ERROR message.
    "Fixed"
    Now nothing triggers the bonus, and no one wants to do this mission anymore.
    help?
    hello?
    the mission is going away soon, please help.
  20. EQgamer23 Elder

It's already over, no?

Still waiting on a response here - devs?