Check Brother's Island for AFK *BOT* group on your server.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Apr 10, 2015.

1. rune00 Augur

Ratbo, multiple replies to my statements by you suggest that it's you that has no basic understanding of how botting works, you keep going back to the "mobs don't respawn in instances" it's such a load of crap, all you need to do is drop instance and request a new one and its full of mobs again. That's what the smart botters do, the rest are idiots who deserve all the crap coming to them, you never see the good botters who keep eq alive with subscriptions sc, krono sales, but trust me there are MANY of them in game.
    Who wants to play 1 char when you can play a group?
    Move on already.
  2. moogs Augur

I'm sorry, but you're wrong on this. When you're botting, you're AFK for an extended period of time. That's the whole point of botting. You don't move throughout a zone; you stand at a static camp.
  3. rune00 Augur

Oh that's just so funny that you think bots can't move/port/zone/request tasks and Rez all by themself, I got news for you buddy, they can and they do, some even interact intelligently when sent a camp check or tell... I know a guy who's bots answer camp checks in solb while camping acofs... Please don't be ignorant.
  4. moogs Augur

If they were able to so effectively, then they would always be in instances, and this entire discussion would not be taking place.
  5. rune00 Augur

It's only taking place cause they are noob botters and got caught. I will maintain that the great majority of botters are doing it in instances or unpopulated zones. And some are in populated zones but they have tweaked their bots for every thinkable scenario so that if you walked by them or sent them a tell they will interact with you like a real person would.
  6. moogs Augur

I've looked through the documentation for the evil program before, and I'm reviewing changes from the past couple of years now. Pretty impressive.
  7. Phrovo1 Augur

I wonder what hurts the economy more, botting or farming a VoA mission for gems/ts mats/tablets
  8. Xikteny Augur

People have bots that can pass the Turing Test?

In April 2015, became self-aware.
  9. rune00 Augur

I don't think there is anything a player can do to impact the economy much eventually market adjust itself, we seen this in game when eq was new and there was some bugs that allowed duping plat, yes everything became more expensive for a few months but then it bounced back to normal again, fungis cost like 150k and after 3 months they where back to 50k again...

On that note a economy where everything is really expensive is a good thing for daybreak since it means more krono sales cause people need plat to buy other stuff, from a player point of view that sucks, but it's good business..,
  10. rune00 Augur

No they can't pass the turing test, but no one will give you the third degree so its not needed...
    -player say hi there
    -bot says: hi
    -player what are you camping?
    -bot: just exping
    -player ok...
    -player (now testing the bot) what are you camping?
    -bot: (knows that it was asked "camp" recently
    -bot: uhm what?
    -player never mind... Can I join?
    -bot : full atm

Player moves on at this point in 9/10 cases
    And if not the bot has already sent a text to the player running it who is on his way back to computer to deal with this conversation...
    Bot just need to stall, doesn't need to actually be too smart.

If you are a social player that send unsolicited tells to random players the chance of you having encountered a bot at some point is high, you just didn't realise it...
  11. Moklianne Augur

Bound to happen more and more with non-existent CSR's.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

He also totally ignored that I called him out on his "6 All Access Accounts" assertion.
    Yet that's the postulate that formed the basic premise of his whole assertion that Daybrak has any motive at all not to ban these jokers - thereby losing "6 paid accounts:". LOL
    I find it disturbing that he has (at least) "friends" that run advanced botting settups. And has way too much personal knowledge as to how to do it at a very advanced level.
    I'm going to write this one off as someone (a player?) who obviously condones cheating and botting in MMOG's. Something here doesn't quite pass my smell test.
    -Rat
  13. rune00 Augur

Your nose to close to your mouth? I smell a rat.

I can safely disregard your 6 all access account thing u are hung up on cause I know you don't have any data to support your stupid claim that botters don't need all access accounts to bot, in fact most botters I know bot to be able to pay for their subscriptions.
  14. segap Augur

And per another thread, I thought everyone was so awash in plat that we need huge plat sinks. That it is trivial to go make 400k in an hour or two. If that's the case, why do people need to bot to buy krono to pay for their accounts? Doesn't everyone have 10's of millions of plat sitting around looking for the devs to create expensive things to spend it on?
    Ratbo Peep and rune00 like this.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

Except that botters add more and more product (drops) to the open market on a server - thereby driving prices (and subsequent Krono sales) down - not up.
    Thanks for making my point for me again...... you might be useful after all. :D

"most botters I know.............." Hmmmmmmmmm
    I wonder how many of us "normal players" can make that statement?
    "Frequents the company of botters".........
    -Rat
    (Aviaks of a feather.........)