Check Brother's Island for AFK *BOT* group on your server.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Title says it all.
    There's been one operating almost 24/7 on Cazic for months now.
    Six "players", no mercs, was looting before Advanced Looting.
    Does not use proximity aggro - pulls with a "script".
    Totally unresponsive to "camp checks" and other OOC and Shouts.
    Cannot react to unexpected mobs - and says nothing about it.
    May sometimes answer tells after a long delay. (audio trigger).
    I *think* I've identified the Bazaar vendor they use to convert loots to plat.
    (99% sure on the bazaar part - 100% sure about the Bot Group itself)
    I'm wondering if this isn't specific to CT - or part of a greater organization?
    (They are really screwing with the player economy in the CT bazaar)
    I'm soon to send Roshen a PM with details to forward to the appropriate authorities.
    I presume that using 3rd party programs is still actionable, even with reduced staff??
    -Rat
  2. Triconix Augur

Just train some KoS mob on them! :p
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Thanks, that told us so much about Brother's on your server.
    -R
  4. Nenake Elder

Because Brother's Island is the only zone they can do that in obviously
  5. Bigstomp Augur

What mobs would those be?
  6. Uuvin Augur

Sirens are kos.

As far as botting group? yeah povar has a few of them.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

No, based on the vendor items I think they have another camp or two. (One in Hot and one in VoA.)
    That said. The same operation will likely have the same MO and be using the same scripting software server wide. And Brother's is the most profitable of the three for plat farmers.
    So if the same operation is doing it on other servers (because plat is plat) then Brother's is a very likely staple of their setup.
    This concludes today's lesson in remedial deductive reasoning.
    -R

PS: I'm not about to buy a Heroic Toon on every server merely to investigate the theory that this might extend beyond CT. This thread is ,merely asking for some help from people who care enough - not 2nd guessers or people who fancy themselves as "clever".
    Cheaters affect the entire community.
  8. Nenake Elder

Thank you O Great Ratbo
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Can you please check to see if one of them is a 6 man, (no mercs) operation operating on the beach clearing on Brother's? (in view of Lydia the Castaway) Thanks!
    (I first noticed them a couple months ago when I was camping Lydia for the AC aug. They kept pulling my camp despite OOC's / Shouts / tells etc. That's when I first "smelled a rat", and started investigating them more closely.)

-R
    PS: It's important to distinguish between an AFK group (that uses proximity aggro, pets, and mercs to kill) and a truly *automated* BOT group. Only the latter is against the EULA. (and for good reason)
  10. Laronk Augur

The scripts in "magic boxing program" are actually quite flexible and they probably don't need to just stand in that specific spot for it to work well.

The reason why someone would choose brother island are:

Most stuff is non agro
    No flag requirements
    Easy
    Lots of roaming mobs

If you have a problem with them DA their tank.
    Elricvonclief and Xanadas like this.
  11. Laronk Augur

As far as them pulling your camp despite OOCs, I guess I'm a jerk. The only thing I respect is if you're camping a named I'll let you have the named but I will "share" everything else in your camp (xp mobs) and by share I mean first come first serve. People ignoring you because they play how they play does not mean boxing but their ability to be awake 24/7 and do the exact same thing usually is a good indicator.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

To be clear they were indeed pulling the named as well as the other 4 mobs in that tiny camp.
    There were not just ignoring me - but proved totally unresponsive to any and all "outside stimulus".
    That's merely what *started* my investigation. I soon discovered the 24/7 thing and many other patterns once they caught my interest at Lydia.
    -R
  13. Laronk Augur

Oh I'm not saying they aren't a bot group I'm sure they are.
  14. guado Augur

So what you're saying is...

Cheap Purity augs on CT!!!!
  15. Nenake Elder

So 24/7 for the past few months they've been sitting there killing Lidia? Strange that no one else has made a big deal about this since Lidia drops the AC aug, unless no one on that server has gotten the aug since they started to do that.

Or maybe people have been and no support has responded, which as of lately seems entirely possible :)
  16. Laronk Augur

Small percentage of players use the forums, Large percentage of players don't mind training someone they know is boxing.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No but it gives good reason to report them. And I agree if you are messing with someone elses exp mobs you are a jerk. Considering that EQ is not overcrowded not really any excuse for doing that.
  18. Leex Pewpewer

Seen this on Luclin the other day.
  19. Laronk Augur

Sometimes a zone can be overcrowded though or more often a group will claim an area and only handle 25-50% of the mobs in that area. Like I said I wont take nameds from a group (within reason, if you leave the named up for 15-20 minutes eh you're not really camping it)
    Leex likes this.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Several months back I discovered one in Evantil when I was camping Ruabbri's Fist. Just two weeks ago I discovered one in Katta 2. They are definitely out there. If I see a group I suspect is a bot-script macro-quest group, I'll try to send tells, do OOC, and if all I see is the automation nonsense and get no responses--and only if they're camping something that I want to camp (not just to be a ), I'll just take over the camp. The very few occasions I've done this, it was painfully obvious that it was completely automated and no one was behind the keyboard, so I didn't feel bad in the least.

I don't condone camp or mob stealing, but if you're cheating, you're fair game.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.