Class Balance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Povarmonk, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Povarmonk Elder

Isn't this the one that actually going beyond group benefit helping all casters if not please do correct me but do not try and defend something when the rest of us know it is broken.

Its also not only this but the fact that casters hardly run oom like they used back in the day used to be necro was the only mana class that would never run oom but now it almost all casters.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

When was the last time there was a raid event long enough to make a caster go OOM.

It was along time ago.
  3. ShadowMan Augur

It doesn't have to work on dots to have a pretty drastic impact for dotting classes at times. Quite a bit of necros new found burst comes from haze.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Shhh your ruining it.
  5. Silv Augur

I'm going to defend something when your claim is based on faulty logic. If you feel it's broken then report it to the devs. I only asked for any type of actual proof that Haze is responsible for this huge disparity in DPS. All you keep saying is that it's broken.
  6. Kellaer Augur

Good... good...
  7. Nickster86 Elder

Below I made a template you may all feel free to use to call for nerfs.

I play a ( insert your class here) and I invested a lot of time and hard work but watch (insert class you envy) outdps me. How come they have ( insert something you envy) and all I get is (Insert anything really)? I feel we need to nerf (class or skill you wish you had) because it's just not fair to us (insert your class). Or what if you (insert your half baked idea)? I feel that these changes will make it a more level playing field.

By now you should all realize unless it's about the progression server aka their potential new cash cow they really don't care much. And don't sit their and blubber " I play a shaman but those sassy rogues outdps me" or "I play a zerker and I have to be rooted and blinded for max dps". If you have eq you have Google. Before you roll a toon read up on it. If you expect your toon to be bee's knees on the dps logs then be a smart player, use your burns how your supposed to, and be happy to know you did the best you could. Don't sit their and make demands that your some how entitled to a giant jump in your dps or that other classes need to be modded or outright chopped at the knees just to make you feel good about your toon.
    trueheart, Barper, porky and 3 others like this.
  8. Apoc Augur

Lmao
  9. Kellaer Augur

Obviously what we need is to make Divine Avatar a group spell and MGBable so all raiders are affected equally.
  10. Random_Enchanter Augur

i'm sure zerkers can parse into the sustained categorization I've done, but I've yet to see one live long enough to make it there. To me Zerkers are the modern day Glass cannons that wizzy's were way back in the day. I'm sure that zerkers need changes, but not centered around DPS.

You, or anyone else for that matter, have YET to mention how it's broken and over DPS. Silv and myself have mentioned in this thread the actual existing problems with haze as points to why it's not as good as everyone thinks it is. The chance to proc haze is something in the area of 5%. And we all know how random the RNG can be. What it does do is give enchanters a reason to play an ACTIVE role in spell DPS instead of being buff bots. Eldroth even stated this almost word for word in the IIRC.
    guado likes this.
  11. guado Augur

Magic has always trumped melee. Welcome to ... any video game ever. Go back and meditate on some deserted island, Mr. monk!
  12. Ravengloome Augur

OMG

WTB
    sojero likes this.
  13. Behelit Augur

No we can't. We absolutely need changes centered around dps. And being a glass cannon as a melee makes zero sense what so ever. Idk about you but I havent seen many cannons that fire from point blank range.

Oh wow, you know you're so right! I should've hopped on Google and looked into the future to see that one day Zerkers would be given a self root and that it would be required to reach max burn potential for the next 4 years after it comes out.

The amount of people trying to defend the current state of balance is hilarious. Trying to tell others to "shut up and like it" isnt the most intelligent argument to use in its defense either.

What happened to meleequest? or was that just a bad dream to people with mana?
    Povarmonk likes this.
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

I think that the OP heard about a way for enchanters to maintain Chromatic Haze fairly consistently and got jelly. However, asking for class nerfs shouldn't be the answer. All they can really do is decrease the ac/mitigation a bit, give melee (and hopefully knights) some love next expansion, completely screw over casters, or just keep everything about the same. All we can really do is lobby for changes and wait. As for zerkers, I really hope that there is that fix for your class soon, it's been too long.
    As for warriors, I hope that you guys realize that your requests for broken levels of sustained mitigation killed knights and melee survival (literally).
  15. Belkar_OotS Augur

Just a quick insert here. Warriors needed some love, and relative to the content, it isn't really out of proportion in my opinion. I think mobs in general are a bit too punishing meaning that the shortcomings of other classes defensively was effectively amplified. But please don't say that warriors didn't need something to do their job relative to the content we are doing. Just because warriors are not suffering as much as everyone else doesn't mean we caused the issue that has been moving past our reach for many expansions leading up to this one.
  16. Triconix Augur

Way to throw that Red Herring in there. Good work.

You realize the clear advantages of knights prior to new proficiency system was the reason warriors requested better sustained mitigation? It seems the tables have turned! Knights can only blame themselves for their shortcomings.

Muahahaha the warrior evil plan is finally coming into effect!
  17. Random_Enchanter Augur

I believe there refereed to as 'hand grenades' or 'land mines' nowadays. That being said there are 1-2 zerkers active raiding zerkers. I normally see them dead and they show up on a few parses where burns aren't done (if they live). So based off what i have seen Zerkers can do dammed good DPS, they just can't sustain it, or live though the results. If your experiencing something else then by all means speak up about it, however i believe the potential is there.
  18. Behelit Augur

A glass cannon makes sense because its fired at range where it won't be damaged... a landmine or a grenade are small explosives with a one time use.... I dont think I'd like my class to be able to be easily compared to a small one-use explosion.

Furthermore you completely contradicted yourself by saying in your last post Zerkers can do the "sustained" dps youre talking about but then in this post claim "they do dammed good dps, they just can't sustained it."

The potential is there, if they lower every mob in TDS to lvl 99, adjust AC/defensives on mobs in TDS, re-design every event in TDS to be shorter and less anti-melee, and toss in 50-100 adds per event that only hit for 200-500 dmg so Zerkers can pad parses with furious. Ya then we'll be competitive sustained, but unfortunately I dont see any of the above happening. As such I think we need more realistic changes made like our Frenzy skill revamped to provide independent sustained dps to the class that wont scale with burst.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Based on the numbers you quoted earlier for what sustained/burst classes should do.

I think your definition of what constitutes good DPS maybe a bit off.

And Zerkers are in no way shape or form even touching a caster in Current content. Maybe in Outdated COTF, but in Arx? Never.

As far as their sustained? I think they end up somewhere below Beast lords/Rangers (who have pretty decent sustain), if they manage to not die.
    Fenudir likes this.
  20. dwish Augur

Honestly, as a melee in a raid guild deep into TDS, I believe it's mainly just TDS event design that is making it very difficult for melee to be competitive. Between all the AEs, back out emotes, ridiculous high AC of TDS raid mobs, or mobs that have melee advoidant phases (hello Captain Tita), the deck is seriously stacked against melee from the start of raids most nights. Casters can neutralize or completely ignore almost all of these factors that hurt melee in TDS.

When we go back and do COTF, however, on most events the well-played melee are right up near the top again and are competitive like normal. So, in my opinion, some tweaks are probably needed (berzerker), but I feel it was just poor raid design that is hurting melee at the moment.

I'm not sure what they could do at this point, unless they really alter some of the raid mechanics in TDS.
    Barton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.