Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. guado Augur

I would pay money to see this live streamed or even recorded :D:p
    Deavirtus likes this.
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Well, there are some streaming tools now. Doesn't Steam has something integrated now?

There's also nVidia's "Shield" toy ... no sure if Shield Streams can be used for public streaming.
  3. Ultio New Member

It's been a while since I wasn't able to cure these, but I seem to remember Tash, at least, causing decreased regen out of combat. I have always worked under the assumption that all 3 lines worked the same.
  4. Lisandra Augur

For streaming anything in game Open Broadcaster Software works just fine.
    Iila likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

It's one of the best options now, better than the paid software I tried.
    Lenowill likes this.
  6. Kravitz Augur

Well you are wrong, Tash and Malo line of spells allow you to out of combat regen, scent line does not.
  7. Cacafuego Journeyman

Holly / Windstalker

I would like to share with you an impression from today's twitch. Please don't take this wrong .. I present my opinion for your consideration in hopes that you will receive this as positive customer input..

I sensed a major reluctance on the part of Prathun to acknowledge the huge amount of input you have received from the player base about the previous decisions / nerfs re: ROF XP and HA's. The general theme that I received was this:

We did this for our reasons. It was sound then, it is sound now. The HA XP distribution was done for a reason and it will stay that way. The ROF nerf was done for sound reasoning .. but because of pressure I will revisit it. The subtext I received was: Don't hold your breath or expect much

This part is for you Holly.

Your theme was "I'm not the expert here, but I am surrounded by the experts". It sounded like too much deference to your development team. My expectations of you, as Daybreak Executive Producer, is to pay attention to your customers.. they are the true experts .. the only opinion that really matters.

This is "New Company" and you are the boss. This new enterprise will rise or fall based largely upon your ability to understand what the customer wants and drive your developers to meet that demand. In the past it has been the other way around. And sadly after watching twitch tv today, it seemed to me like more of the same old same old.

This is totally wrong.

If you become customer driven, you will see many sideline accounts that have gone f2p, with no intentions of buying same old same old expacs, become active again. You have the ability, today, to decide which way this ship will turn. I hope you turn the ship in the direction your customers want to go. As you know, the customer will ultimately go where they want to go, even if they have to find another ship to get there.

I wish you the best of luck.
  8. Numiko Augur

Well one thing I was encouraged about was the suggestion that "fun" was a focus for them, but .. is it "fun" according to the devs? or the players?

I think one thing that really bothered me about the exp nurfs was when one of the Dev's suggested that how I play the game is not "fun" and they knew much better what was "fun"

Even at the stream it was suggested moving to new zones and trying new events or quests was much more "fun" than doing the same HA over and over.

You know what's fun to me? Hearing that Ding! .. I do not care what zone I'm in, or what I'm killing, or how many times I have killed them before I just want to hear that ding! which tells me I am progressing.

The other reason I do not try different things during the week is I have a limited play time on weekdays, maybe 2-3 hours max.

What is better for me? To hail the NPC right in front of me and grab a HA and get some progress on my charaters over the next couple of hours?

Or move my box group to a new zone that I may be unfamiliar with, possibly risking wipe (see flying sharks at zone in), find the correct NPC to hail, and try a new mission that will take me 2 to 3 times longer to complete because I am unfamiliar with it for about the same reward that I would have gotten by hailing the NPC right in front of me when I logged on.

If they wanted people to move around they should have done HA's similar to how LDON were done, each "camp" should have had its own loot vendor and currency.. that alone would have encouraged people to move around much more.
    Ferry-Tunare, Sita, Lisandra and 6 others like this.
  9. Mardy Augur

+1 all this. There are times when the "experts" are wrong, but they aren't willing to admit it. Or maybe in this case, with their job on the line and all the uncertainties surrounding the company, they are not willing to admit to their mistakes. I hope Holly takes a fresh look at things. Good to know she's making characters to play the game, she can at least see on a limited basis what it's like for us players.

Players are not always right, I'll be the first to say that. But there are few times in the past where the playerbase almost unanimously agree on something.
    Lisandra, Caell, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  10. Xeladom Augur

The only thing they didn't do while discussing the exp nerfs was stick their fingers in their ears and go "la la la la". We will drive this car over the cliff to prove our point!
    Its like a cable provider saying " Look I understand you really like Spike tv but we want you to watch all 30 of our shopping channels so you get a better feel for everything you could be watching on tv. Therefore you can only view each channel for 30 minutes before we force you to change the channel. But don't worry you will very much enjoy it because that's how I like to watch tv."
    Just keep people from dropping subs. If you want people to do other missions then spend time making all of the missions equally fun.
    Lisandra, Caell, Goddess and 4 others like this.
  11. Lenowill Augur

It does confuse me how sharply every LDoN-esque thing to enter the game since LDoN has avoided repeating the formula of "multiple camp themes with easy transit between them and differing loot vendor items and unlock-progression for each."

The core of that formula is solid gold.

Like, seriously - if you're not going to have a Dungeon Finder queuing feature in a game, then the multiple themed camps setups is THE way to encourage variety and replayability within instanced pickup grouping while still making actually forming the group highly accessible.

The since-recurring "Dragons of Norrath Creator mission" problem (everyone always does the same exact mission in the exact same zone and just speedruns it as fast as possible in order to grind maximum reward as quickly as possible, until everyone is uber burnt out on it) is also much more avoidable/delayable under such a system. And I loved the heck out of DoN too, but I won't pretend Creator spam didn't eventually get old (even if me being really good at leading a party through that same instance over and over was fun for me as a puller in its own right).
  12. Numiko Augur

You know what, they want us to play in TDS and have fun, but has anyone ever heard on /gu or /g or on the boards say: "Gee this TDS expansion is fun!"

Other than a few comments that the zone art is nice, or the lore is good it seems like everything else is complaints about how tedious it is..Can't recall seeing anyone ever calling the expansion "fun"
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Fendy Augur

I was surprised and disappointed with the vagueness and apparent lack of preparation for this twitch. You had the questions printed out in advance and said several times that the team had spent the morning discussing them. Yet when you passed a question to the team for an answer they looked startled and stumbled thru a reply. Maybe the answers should have been printed in advance as well. It came across as most of the questions had been discussed, but no conclusions were made. At least not firm ones. I look forward to seeing a firm timeline of what will be done in the future and when it will be done. Some day.
    Ferry-Tunare, Lisandra, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  14. Flying-Chick New Member

I only have one thing to say.....

Do not let this game die!!!
  15. Iila Augur

Well, we had this poll on our front page:
    [IMG]

But no, fun didn't seem to be a high priority when TDS was being made. Nor was "making the hardest content the most rewarding". The team keeps using those words, and I don't think they know what they mean.
  16. Piasa Journeyman

Twitch was a fail, and this just doesn't look promising at all. I had hopes that the restructuring would have changed some things..

They are so far out of touch with what players deem fun, I have no clue what game they play for fun but the last couple expansions are not it.
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

I note the Twitch thread was suddenly closed.
    The "artificial" Exp nerfs were at the forefront when it was locked. (you do the math)
    I don't see any Alt Accounts, or Alt Expansions, being bought over what I saw.
    -R
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Bolton New Member

Come on a Maybe we can look at it for the Exp Nerf for 101+.. Many of my friends have stopped playing the last 2 months.. Wake up before its too late.
    Lisandra and Xeladom like this.
  19. Hyperdrive New Member

Is there any chance to add a Charm in for the August Armor instead of the lower lvl charms that can be used with it
  20. Blankslate Elder

This ^^^^

I can't say this any better. Daybreak should find out what their customers want .. then have the dev team prepare and execute a plan to get there!

We must attract back all the accounts that have either gone f2p or not bought TDS or both.

PS. Please note the number of "likes" on the highlighted post!
    Lisandra and Mintalie like this.