Potion sales on Double EXP weekends

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wonder how potion sales will be affected on double exp weekends now that there are limited places to use exp potions or lessons?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Do TDS HA still give regular exp on the mobs? Or is it at the end like Cotf? Without TDS progression done not sure where to double exp with potions or lessons
  3. Sostenes Augur

I didn't know about this!

What places are ok to use lesson and potions?

Thanks,
    Sostenes
    Saave likes this.
  4. Marshall Maathers Augur

I have yet to do a TDS HA since before beta ended, but I hear the exp is favored towards the mobs, not on the end reward. In particular the T3 HAs.
    guado and SaderakhBertox like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

Lessons and Potions are much less effective in CotF HAs now, because a big chunk of the exp for killing mobs (which is what Lesson/potion would multiply) was moved to the completion reward for the adventure (which is not multiplied. never was).
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They haven't confirmed a double exp weekend but they do generally have one on Thanksgiving.
  7. Elskidor Augur

True. They could announce it in a few hours.
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

then do TDS HA's - problem solved.
  9. Pwnography Augur

Perception is everything here, ladies and gentlemen. I understand that Heroic Adventures were fixed, but that was hardly the only place to grind. I've found that Combine Dredge is superior to when I abused Gribble to push to 105. I'm gaining experience at a phenominal rate. Brother's Island is a decent spot for those who haven't unlocked the further T3 zones. These two places are mainly for those of us grinding AA's anyways. If you're around 100, there is amazing experience to be had in Argin-Hiz mines. Below that? RoF grind spots, such as Shard Alaran Arena is exceptional for the 92-95 crowd. Plane of Shadow is still amazing for the 96-100 grind.

These are just the most effective examples I've found personally from all my leveling experience. Some of you may have favorites. The point I'm trying to make, probably poorly, is that there are amazing grind spots before heroic adventures, and they still persist to this day. Don't discount all of the other great spots that fit you. It isnt abysmal now that HA's are changed, you simply need to change your way of thinking and consider static locations, other opportunities, and the great spots in TDS for 105. Potions and lessons are still invaluable - simply where you use them has changed.

Nerfs are never fun, but there are still some great workarounds to watch your xp bar skyrocket.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

There won't be any Bonus XP weekend occurring over this weekend.
  11. Obiziana Augur

Another artificial roadblock to slow down player progression through TDS! :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Elskidor Augur

May just be an early April Fool's prank. Log in at 2 AM just to make sure there isn't double xp. If that doesn't work then just log on to the test server and pretend.
    Brohg and Obiziana like this.
  13. Behee Augur

This current team is ... boring.

I used to check for sales on items in the Store, but that is just visual stuff now. It's like "don't come here, you will just be bored by the result". Now no experience on a 4 day weekend. The last card sale was with Gamestop in which the starting date was wrong by several days, which was irritating but not as much as the announcement after the fact that the ending date was also wrong by several days leading to a sale that was much more like a one day sale, except it wasn't announced which day that was.

How about some interest in the product and the customer experience?
    Ishtass and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Of course there won't be. That would be to fun.
  15. Numiko Augur

No double exp this weekend or ever again I bet.
  16. Marbles Elder

Normally i would like DubExp for the 4 day weekend, but how can they possibly do that with pages of complaints about exp (myself included). I would be even more upset if they doubled exp after nerfing (severely) my preferred play still (alternate old/new to earn exp/aa to make new content a little less harsh)
    Ishtass likes this.
  17. Edrick Augur

Bonus exp is the artificial thing here honestly.
  18. Mysl Augur

I think you have a higher chance to see TDS on sale around X'mas then double xp during the holiday. ;)
  19. Brohg Augur

It's a 100% safe bet that literally anything hypothetical has a higher chance of occurring than something that's been explicitly ruled out. For example: I think you have a higher chance to see [my cat demonstrate a robust understanding of calculus before lunch tomorrow] than double xp during the holiday. ;)
    Malachi likes this.
  20. Ruven_BB Augur

I'd take increased named spawning this weekend.

Ruven
    Hawklight Yandli and Arsdenyl like this.