Test Server Pet Mitigation Parse thread.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daegun, Aug 1, 2014.

1. matou New Member

he did, his group geared warrior is tanking better than a raid focus earth pet............
  2. Unsunghero Elder

And like I said...it took 2 cleric mercs to keep your pet alive versus the weakest named of last tier's content. That is perfect. Nothing more needs to be said. I had edited my previous post. I was wondering if you could take your group (with 2 cleric mercs) and tank a T2 named on live now, and show it. Lol, actually that might be do-able, with 2 mercs
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Newsflash, my mage is a T1 group geared mage with EM15. All I expect him to be able to take is T1 names without massive overheal!
  4. Unsunghero Elder

Don't worry about it. There is no upgrade between T1 and T2 that would make any difference in tanking. You did say mages could molo "named". You are as ready to try versus current content as any other mage in full T2 gear. Go try
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Meh, verse Wenteras the Ancient (GD slow):

/GU Tanking summary for: Defiant --- Total damage: 4223974 --- Avg hit: 12208 --- Swings: 771 --- Defended: 342 (44.4%) --- Hit: 346 (44.9%) --- Missed: 83 (10.8%) --- Accuracy: 80.7% --- Dodged: 17 (2.5%) --- Parried: 24 (3.3%) --- Blocked: 36 (4.7%) --- Riposted: 32 (4.5%) --- Absorbed: 233 (30.2%)
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Cool. Come on over and be a part of the full group I expect to make the attempt with.

Btw, what I said was:
    Did I say mages could do it?
  7. Unsunghero Elder

Looks like you got rocked :( Good thing you had overhealing in your group

Oh so that was angry, unnecessary sarcasm and not a claim. Gotcha. I misunderstood
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Two healer mercs are...overhealing? Do group geared people routinely expect to be able to go up against names with a single healer merc and no other help?
  9. Unsunghero Elder

sorry I should have put it in context. Yes, a group geared tank would routinely expect to be able to go up against named with just 1 healer merc healing. If he was using his cooldowns intelligently, he would take less damage than your pet, and therefore require less healing. Therefore, you using 2 healer mercs to hold up your pet, is "overhealing", compared to the tanks in this game.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I guess we all have different expectations. I expect my group gear tanked to be able to handle a name with two healer mercs or one real healer. But I gave it go. Worked out okay!

/GU Tanking summary for: Punkede --- Total damage: 1596911 --- Avg hit: 7003 --- Swings: 446 --- Defended: 137 (30.7%) --- Hit: 228 (51.1%) --- Missed: 81 (18.2%) --- Accuracy: 73.8% --- Dodged: 39 (11.2%) --- Parried: 47 (11.2%) --- Blocked: 27 (6.1%) --- Riposted: 24 (6.5%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

Had to use everything though.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Oh and a shorter parse because I had my ranger burning. With only one cleric merc didn't really know how it was going to shake out.
  12. Siddar Augur

Yes they should.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Meh, time to nerf healer mercs. No wonder it sucks to find a real cleric out there.
  14. Siddar Augur

You probably shouldn't be allowed to have two mercs of the same type in a group.
  15. onyuyan Augur

In tough content the difference between a healer merc and a real healer is night and day. But often even groups are using only one healer merc, one tank, and four DPS to take down named. It's most certainly doable in CotF T1 where the named really aren't that difficult, but T2 named have a plethora of abilities along with being tougher that makes more healing usually required
  16. Unsunghero Elder

Ha, I didn't mean KILL the named, I meant tank it. Your group geared tank, tanked it great, much better than the overnerfed pet. And clearly he did it for a long time if you dps'ed it down that slow ;) You took almost half as much damage/hit as the overnerfed pet.

Now, since we are looking at two GROUPS here (one was with a mage + 2 mercs, one with a player tank + 2 mercs), what you should have done is punted one of those cleric mercs from your player tank's group, and put a dps class in there, ideally (or a wizard merc). Then, not only would you have tanked better, you'd have killed the mob faster, than the mage with the 2 cleric mercs. A better group in every way. Wait, that's not fair. Why should player tanks be able to make such an efficient 3 person group??

This makes me sad. What is a mage supposed to do? It's not a better tank, as your parse proves...and it wouldn't be better than a wizard in your tank's group for dps. It has no place :( Gimped
  17. Tweelis Augur

Anther trash mob parse. To the guy asking why I'm posting parses against trash mobs....mages when soloing primarily fight trash mobs; just like "normal" groups.

This was an EM15 air pet with all aa's done, magic proc swords with burnout and symbol. The spider was a yellow con....I'll assume level 101.

An ursarachnid on 8/3/2014 in 574sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 2124359 (100%) @ 3701 dps (3701 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 3993959 @7119dps
    Gobanab
    --- DMG: 2124308 (100%) @ 3701 dps (3701 sdps)
    ------ Total: 2124308 -- Slash: 1952858 -- DirDmg: 116211 -- Bash: 37242 -- Kick: 17997
    ------ Normal rate: 65% (56% of DMG) -- Critical rate: 35% (44% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 1887 -- Hits: 1294 -- Misses: 318 -- Defended: 275 -- Accuracy: 80.3%
    --- DMG to PC: 3904329 @7125dps
    Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

/G Tanking summary for: Gobanab --- Total damage: 3904329 --- Avg hit: 6015 --- Swings: 858 --- Defended: 137 (16%) --- Hit: 649 (75.6%) --- Missed: 72 (8.4%) --- Accuracy: 90% --- Dodged: 27 (3.6%) --- Parried: 26 (3.3%) --- Blocked: 66 (7.7%) --- Riposted: 18 (2.3%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Well, Shoon ate my warrior's lunch at about 30% (last stand was still down). I guess if I would have popped a dps merc instead of nothing it might have made a difference. But I'm no expert on warriors.

/GU Tanking summary for: Punkede --- Total damage: 2146574 --- Avg hit: 7777 --- Swings: 483 --- Defended: 125 (25.9%) --- Hit: 276 (57.1%) --- Missed: 82 (17%) --- Accuracy: 77.1% --- Dodged: 33 (8.4%) --- Parried: 43 (9.3%) --- Blocked: 23 (4.8%) --- Riposted: 26 (6.2%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

Roon Parse was 220 seconds. Shoon parse 340 seconds.
  19. Piemastaj Augur

You have a Ranger, are you slowing the mobs? I could have missed that part in your results but am curious.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

No, I didn't want to do anything "extra" other than provide dps. When you start throwing in slows, debuffs, etc. things get a bit complicated.