Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Shaded Journeyman

should be more like a double xp MONTH for this 1. telling me i am not on online when i am and not letting me into game. i work very hard for my money & am truely dissapointed maybe i need to rethink paying sony for this game
  2. Fenapets New Member

3. Sumteeng New Member

For the game SoE should make a new race the Fire Elves or Flame Elves:p
  4. Shios New Member

Sorry, Roshen, 2 extra days doesn't cut it. If I'm able to log in within 48 hours, that's still only a dollar to compensate me for the dollar I've already lost. That makes things even, perhaps, but not right. For my inconvenience, for our inconvenience we should get far more than that. Because it's not about two days. It's about when that two days occurred. It's about how it occurred. And why. It's the fact that we as a player base are taking those days off involuntarily. I often skip days, and that's fine. That's my choice. In this case I didn't choose it. So while I don't care about the dollar. I do care for my inconvenience. I believe many in this community would agree with me.

This is just utterly ridiculous that you forgot to pay your bill. When I forget, I'll get my lights shut off, but it doesn't affect anyone else. Your error has effected everyone in your player base, however large that number may be. You're a major corporation and this sort of negligence is unbelievable.
  5. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

Well i must be almost alone in thinking, big deal. So we have downtime. I used to get so pissed off about downtime and day off from work etc. Honestly folks, even if weather stinks where you live etc... Hang up the pc for a day or two... walk outside... breathe the air... make calls or visit folks you have blown off to grind toons... and be happy you got a break. It'll be there when u get back. The mobs timers may all be claimed by 1-5 very smart farmers using 3rd party programs no doubt, but they cant do it forever. Your friend or guildie might hit 100 or 12k aa before you do, but so what... really, you'll get there. the gear will drop again, the npcs will repop, the trolls will troll on.

I must say it taught me a lesson, after spending easily 1month online in last 2 months grinding 4 100's and countless 85-95 toons... none of it mattered ultimately. I'll log in see everyone i saw before, get lucky once or twice on some mob someone forgot to kill, and make more alts cause i get bored of my max ones.

Real life wasn't so terrible, yeah i said it. I love ya all but damn, the amount of upset people cause they cant log in or bypass soe's dns issue, is silly. Just watch a movie or order Chinese and hang w family and apologize for being gone for so long. its not so bad.

-flame me if you want, i expect it really. But think about the words posted. Honestly, anger over a game? come now! :)
    Pulgrey, onyuyan, dc88 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sumteeng New Member

for the inconvienece
  7. Sumteeng New Member

8. Cerbil New Member

Can't log in and a box pops up that says a connection to the server could not be reached blah blah.. If the problem persists, please use our Help link for further assistance. I clicked that and got:
    That page could not be found...

We're sorry, we couldn't find the page. Please check the URL for errors, or visit SOE.com and try another page.
    - the SOE Web Team

Awesome
  9. Elintou New Member

You asked for an ETA which SOE already said would be upwards of 48 hours. It could even take upwards of 72 hours for the DNS changes to propagate around the world. I was just pointing out that 48 hours had not passed since the fix was put into place. If that is trolling then so be it.
    Jonahelmranger likes this.
  10. Grelthur Elder

I really think that some of these people posting here would have gone completely insane with the way downtime originally was. Yes it's an inconvenience, but they're trying to make it right. The way people automatically ask for punitive damages, usually a completely insane amount at that too, one just has to wonder if some people will ever be satisfied.

That being said, thanks Roshen for letting us know that there will be some sort of compensation for this. I wasn't expecting anything, honestly.
  11. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

Utterly amazing your frustration here. So you've never played a game that was down or offline before? Wait from a company that admits to its members that because it was registered so long ago it was sent to an obsolete email, and you fault them for it? Who the hell are you to do so. Myself I run my own business for the last 7 yrs and i work for a major auto dealer, i see crap happen everyday because there's too many hands touching one thing and forgetting others.

What you work at a store or business w 10 employees? or wait, do you work currently? or are you just looking for a freebie you do not deserve one bit.

Show me in the acceptance or eula guidelines anywhere it states that this company upon your payment is required to offer you compensation for any downtime, or does it say that because of the nature of this game and company that downtime is to be expected and you, you angry individual forgot to read over it before you so eagerly hit accept to role your lvl1 and go kill rats... which of this is true sir.

Good god, some people need a break from the game...permanently before they get an ulcer or have a stroke.

You should read over your post and see that it sounds really foolish and demanding. If you don't, i think its a good chance that your that way in everything in life, and sadly life will disappoint more then it rewards sir.

goodday :)
    Grelthur likes this.
  12. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

way to handle a stupid comment - kudos friend
    Elintou likes this.
  13. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

Look at society man, in my state if you climb my fence and die in my pool, your family can sue me and take all i own.... i'm 37, but when i grew up if i broke my arm or got hurt doing crap i wasn't supposed to, it was my fault. Not the persons fault who's house i was over. My parents didn't call Johnny Cochran or a defense lawyer, they beat me and told me to act right when i'm at someones house. Sorry were raising a bunch of entitled punks now that need to be handles the old school way and eventually they will. For now just admire the generation of babies coming up is all. And be proud you weren't like them!
    Grelthur likes this.
  14. Shios New Member

Fenapets, I guess you must have missed the part where I don't play everyday. I'm not mad that I am unable to do so, I'm mad that it wasn't my decision to make.

Jonah, I understand your point, however playing this game is the way I choose to spend my entertainment dollar. And I would rather take time off when I choose too. Not when it's chosen for me. I get outside and socialize with my friends and family plenty. I occasionally watch a movie or television, but again, those are choices I get to make, barring certain obligations, of course. It's beautiful outside, right now, and often I choose to take my laptop out there to play so I can enjoy the day. Or maybe read a book. So please, don't condescend to me, or to anyone else that may be mad at what has occurred. I am fully aware that there is a real life out there, where I can order Chinese food if I want. I may even be able to order a pizza! Who knows? The sky is the limit.

Sumteeng, I'm not certain just what it is you apparently find hilarious.
  15. Ugaho New Member

I say quit fussing at Sony / Everquest. They will get it fixed eventually. For now just go play World of Warcraft.
  16. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

I'll bow out here. Probably best because the thoughts going threw my head would get my ability to post banned. All i see is spoiled babies. Grow up soon and you'll see stuff like this is meaningless, its the real life issues that matter. This is supposed to be fun, and when its not, you shouldn't even bother logging in That's all. Truly wish I could say more.

To those of you that had no issue with a company having an error, commend you for your words or restraint to comment on idiotic posts. You are better then my temper. Hats off to you.
    dc88 likes this.
  17. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

I laughed when i read your response. I came off condescending correct because i saw tons of anger that i felt was unjustified. That's my view and i apologize to you if its not what you meant.

Just came back to read a ton of rants about entitlement. I understand it should be our choice, i've been burned many a times on my days off usually 3-4/wk if i choose. And i've had patches etc that set me back, frustrating but it truly is uncontrollable to a point is all i'm trying to state. I mean if they came out and said they did it on purpose and didn't give an eta... id be upset. But the fact is they apparently gave info to folks over twitter before even posting here, something they didn't have to do. Then they gave credit for the time lost, again something they didn't have to do. I feel they did a great job is all.
  18. Faazed COO of CryptoPay by TritanPay LLC

Well you can log in but you can't play it crashes saying it can't find the server. Should we message sfuller@station.sony.com to see if the bill is paid for yet?
  19. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

I'm usually very WTF at stuff soe does, i despise nerfs. I feel stuff shouldn't be rolled out after testing it and taken back cause a few abuse it. But it'll happen always, and nothing i say can stop it cause i don't run soe. All i meant by my long winded angry comment was some stuff like most of life, trust me most if not all of life, is out of our control, whether we like it or not is all.

Myself I have raised a family, had hiccups along the way. I had a very hard knock life and even spent time in a not so clean facility for a great wrong I had done. Now 10 yrs later, my kids are grown, one is going to a CSU, but they credit me for teaching them to be the way they are.

I just get sick of seeing people who level to 12-25 in real life and feel they are owed someting. Your owed nothing. Like it or don't like it. You owe society and your folks to do something with all the time and money invested in your life. That is what is owed. You, yourself, the fact your breathe, entitles you to nothing at all. Sorry if you hate me for saying it, but that is the fact. And for some of them that love being screen warriors and such, and making people life miserable in game, i wish you would get locked up. You may find your match in there running the attitudes I see some days.

Just grow up a bit some of you. Crap happens in life, you accept it, and move on. Accept is the hardest part, but you do that, breathe, and move on. That is the only damn thing you can barely control in life. the rest is a craps shoot on a tilted table... sigh.
  20. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

they handled it friend. The process of setting up all the isp dns's and such can take time that's all. During that time some can log in some cant and even the ones logged in will dc often or lag, as changes are made. Honestly they should have a lockout till its done and tested accurately, but im sure they are trying to please people who are impatient and cry. So if you get in and get dc'd, just expect that it may occur off/on next few days till they say its all done.