Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. beyrak Augur

What's a Gold membership? I have 'All Access', but what is Gold? Huh? I see no option of buying a "Gold" membership. Are you special? Or are you not as fortunate as the rest of us?
  2. Pulgrey Elder

heh , same point as I said before but will repeat differently just for you (aren't you special)

If your not participating, your opinion doesn't matter!

Trolling a place just to kick someone when they are down, neither helps the situation nor resolves the situation in any way shape or form. It just shows what type of person you are while cluttering up the boards =)
  3. Pulgrey Elder

Have the list, as well as the ones posted on EQ's facebook page and EQwire's post. Bert, Cazic, and Rathe still will not resolve. Also using EQ's DNS isn't resolving those 3 servers.

Its working for the boards, patcher, and other servers. For what ever reason though those 3 servers are still unaccessible.
  4. fenamin123 New Member

I still cant log in and I have done the flushdns and registerdns any more ideas ?
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

We deeply regret the recent service interruption that is currently impacting all SOE games. As a thank you for your patience, we will add two days of membership time to all members’ accounts. Thank you for playing EverQuest!
    Owl. and Grelthur like this.
  6. Rayth New Member

Did you set your Network properties to use different DNS servers? If not here are the steps, at least for Windows.

Open Control Panel (Start Menu)
    Open Network & Internet
    Open Network & Sharing Center
    Select your Internet Connection (should say either Local Area Connection or Wireless, it will be in blue text)
    Open up the Properties for this connection
    Select the Internet Protocal Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list
    Open up the properties section.
    Manually set your DNS servers to be: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 (google).
    Click Apply/Ok to save the changes.

After you do this, you'll need to open up your command prompt (type in cmd in the "run" field of the start menu). The two commands are: ipconfig /flushdns & ipconfig /registerdns

Make sure you leave a space between ipconfig and the /.

As long as you don't get any error messages this should allow you to connect to the game. I did it this morning and worked great.
  7. Murf New Member

weird thing is i could get too the login screen during the patch last night. but this morning back to the black screen. i dont understand how any of this should be our responibility, and intrusive... how do i know changing the Dns info wont mess with my rig? this is day 2 and i dont want any handouts. i just want to play a game. a game i pay for. a game i have invested alot of time in.. it is not our responsibility too fix your messup. give us a eta on when too expect the service which you offer and we pay for, is available. your 48 hr window has passed. and now im getting just tired of wasting my time trying too fix this. but our time is inconsequental... right!
  8. Xeladom Augur

I couldn't access CT Bert and Rathe until I went back and deleted all of the dns files I had added to my host file.
  9. Elintou New Member

Sorry to say but the 48 hour window has not passed since the fix went in.
  10. fenamin123 New Member

thank you rayth but problem still persists looks like im sitting this week out
  11. Muuadib Journeyman

At this time internet connection could not be reached on The Rathe, AFTER I did the download and the part that kills me is that I get all the way to click the play button and it acts like its loading and I'm getting excited and then I get the internet connection could not be reached window!! LMAO!!
    But its cool, I know you will get it fixed eventually. I also know you will make it right like you always have, in my humble opinion.
    Thank the maker that there are other interesting or necessary things to do in life.

LONG LIVE EVERQUEST!!!
  12. Famka Elder

For me the patcher is not seeing any new files, so trying to log on to Bristlebane, I get the 1017 message saying I need to run the patcher.
    Did a full file scan and told me all files are up to date.
    Was playing normally before the patch.
  13. Leerah Augur

Before April, Gold membership was the top teir (all access). Silver were free members that had paid at least once, and Bronze were never paid. Bronze is no more but if you hear people ask if you're a silver, they mean 'free' account.
  14. Cyke New Member

Second day i still cannot sign in, Way to go jack waggins. Take our money and not fix your f------ servers or what ever you morons call it.
  15. Dimerall New Member

This may have already been answered but, Why can some people logon and others not if it is the DNS for SOE?
  16. Elintou New Member

Because the DNS change has not propagated to every DNS server for every ISP yet. Until that happens the fixes stated in this thread will work or you have to wait until your ISP's DNS servers receive the updated routing information.
  17. nygent New Member

Well I did the DNS server reset and it still did not recognize the SoE Bristlebane server. Guess that means I'm among the people at the mercy of SoE and my ISP. I'm glad to be going on vacation, maybe they will have it fixed by next Tuesday. Xirc, Sol Invictus, Bristlebane Server
  18. Shaded Journeyman

keeps telling me i am not online when i try to log into game .... ummmm well since i am posting here looks like i am definately online. sony better start thinkin about a refund since i pay for my recurring gold acct.
  19. Murf New Member

out of all the stuff i asked for your going too argue with me over time scale. and still give no new info on how long we will be made too wait? fkn troll come with come info or shut it.
  20. Grelthur Elder

Roshen already posted in this thread that they will be adding 2 days to all member's accounts.