Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. EightBitTony Journeyman

Someone seriously needs to write up a FAQ for this - because the announcement just isn't clear enough.
  2. Rolli New Member

its pretty clear to me. Did you read it?
  3. Qlainx New Member

Quick question about these.

Say someone wanted to get into raiding through these. About what expansion/part of an expansion does the gear & such set you at? (I am assuming SoD/Underfoot)
  4. Bloodsurger New Member

It were more like a suggestion than a question. Normally autogrand is a free choice, and does not cost anything to get. I dont see the point in paying 3500sc, where i get a normally free choice forced on me. I just think that gaining aa's and selecting the right aa's etc, is something personal u add to a char.

Anyways... Players are paying 3500sc for a lvl 85 char, mount and hc gear etc, but not for something that is already free, so i cant see the problem in making the autogrand part of something u choose yourself.
  5. yar_seyer New Member

I haven't posted on these forums in years. For whatever reason, when I log in my entire posting history was gone.
    Jent likes this.
  6. Kelefane Augur

To be honest, level 85 wont make much of a difference. Its funny, but most of the people playing that are struggling are ALREADY around level 85.
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Skotsh New Member

Yeah, it's SOOO hard to get to 85, I've got 2 toons there this week just for the hell of it. I guess a few days is longer than the average attention span now?
  8. Cazmac Augur

Does the rider sit permanently leaning backwards? It looks uncomfortable! ;D
    Smallpox likes this.
  9. Cazmac Augur

The last time I was in HK, it was empty :(
    I do have vivid memories of it as it used to be, when I went there with a group. Now, those levels pass so fast that these old zones are not worth a visit. Sad, really.
  10. Cazmac Augur

I've been spreading myself very thinly in EQ, with several alts on five servers until recently. The result is that I have only one alt at level 85, where it's been for a long time, working on AAs. The new grant of auto-AAs means I can level again but I still have too many characters! In addition, as many people with a life, I do not have endless hours to spend in Norrath, so progress is slow. I admire your grit, in getting your two toons to 85 so fast! :)
  11. Cazmac Augur

So, for a brand new character, lots of homework sorting through the AAs and creating hotkeys! Hang on, it's rather like taking part in a Beta and creating a new alt there...
  12. Hawklight Yandli Elder

Sounds fun! Looking forward to rolling an Heroic Alt
    Obiziana and Cazmac like this.
  13. Cazmac Augur

It's "autogrant", not "autogrand", but yes, I agree with you on the principle of choice.
  14. Cazmac Augur

I have sympathy for the view that Gold members, and especially longstanding "nonstop" ones, deserve a little extra reward. I have one Gold account that runs from around 2000 or so and another that was only converted from Silver in September last year. It would give me a nice warm feeling if my older account got some sort of recognition, or maybe I'm just being greedy....
  15. Muuadib Journeyman

revolutionary idea but hope it catches fire, how about a completely NEW race and class?!? I know right?, instead of *kit bashing* original classes and races how about some REAL creativity and think outside the box? I know *NEW* means development resources i.e. $$$ but, Everquest has been the prodiginator of MMORPG's with its originality and content and it deserves to keep that reputation alive and thriving with something completely new!
    Sadly I don't have the imagination to offer any suggestions for a new class or race because to me with all the classes and races to choose from it appears (to me) to be the end all be all of choices, but, I've been playing since '99 and after 15 years I would love to see another entirely new class and race. I know you guys are the crafty, smarty cats that have the ideas to make it happen.
    So for after 15 glorious years of being my constant companion (at least while I'm at home) my hopes and dreams are for trying a creature entirely fresh and new, not parts from this and pieces of that.

/rant off

That being said I want to conclude by saying, humbly and appreciatively, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Everquest has been a part of my life since the birth of my first child in 1999 and I love this world of Norrath you have created!
    I don't have the luxury of many years left to me but before my spirit departs the world of Norrath for the last time, I would love to see, not just one, but many more NEW races and classes that inhabit the realms to partake of in this glorious adventure you have created and offered us.

LONG LIVE EVERQUEST!!

P.S. I forgot to say Thank you very much for the 2 new race/class combination choices, it is very much appreciated!
    P.P.S. (wishes he was healthy enough to travel to Vegas to /hail all of his fellow Norrathian's face to face)
    Jent and Leerah like this.
  16. iniari-TR Augur

not sure how this will effect grouping. will there be more 85 ish groups or just more people boxing.

I was thinking of creating either a mage - to box with wiz or a bard - a class I've been interested in. however I remembered that it would be only up to VoA as I cannot afford to buy cotf for it.

I would like to see SOE either unlock all content for ftp / silver since they are now basically giving away toons. , and the weekly / monthly content updates in the future. OR create something like a KRONO2 that a player could get through ingame trades to purchase the latest expansion.

heroic toons are basically a good idea - no endless grind ahead for the new / returnee / or someone that wants to play a different class., but it will not be fun nor be fully used if that toon cannot advance nor play in the latest zones and latestest features.
  17. Stahn New Member

Is this satire or a joke or something? Seriously, is it?
  18. Keth Journeyman

This should have been added the second mercs came in. The penalities of less loot, xp blah blah isn't nearly enough to encourage grouping.
  19. Keth Journeyman

I agree! I have chars I purposely keep at certain 2decade levels in order to play, but I also have my highs. Having a heroic won't do squat. Those of us that want to play the low or mid levels WILL do so. What you might be lamenting over is the fact that so few gamers today want to play an old game from start to finish or that those of us that have been-there-done-that don't want to do it for the 20th time so jump to high.
    EQ is the godfather of mmo's and it is darn time it gives us the option to jump to newer content!

And look at how busy that is! I left for four years and come back to a year of active 85 plus activity (granted you've the last two expansions).
  20. Bomana New Member

Such a bad idea... Really now this game has become a 15 lvl game and do these newbies even realize how to play the character at lvl 85 or above... hmm nope no learning curve.
    Petts and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.