Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Jakarath New Member

If I have a level 88 character with crap gear/aa count and wanted to upgrade that into a heroic character, do I keep the level and get the new aa + new gear? or will it delvl me back to 85?
  2. Lerilon Lorekeeper

Still not clear, so let me ask as plainly as possible.

Account created before Nov 8, so get a free heroic character. Let's say I take advantage of the two week claim period and start a heroic character or bump one of my others up to 85. Now, is my "get one free for accounts before Nov 8" used up or do those accounts technically get TWO heroics?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The account creation date determines if you can create heroic characters for the account if before Nov 8th or for the household if after Nov 8th and does not mean that you can get a second heroic character on the same account for free.
    sula likes this.
  4. Falos Augur

For those wondering on some of the details eqresource posted quite a bit of details on what to expect with a new heroic character:

http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=2131.0

In regards to your specific question though, it will not delevel you it will just basically fill in the blanks of anything you may be missing, it will give you everything you are missing from a heroic character but take nothing away from what you already have.

You also can view a lot of the non visible gear heroic characters get through recent lucy uploads:
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/newitems.html?type=new

You'll have to scroll down a bit but when you see items labeled "Heroic" thats the gear that those characters come equipped with (depending on class)
  5. Coruth Augur

How do you determine "A household" for the 1 per household
    Leerah and Cazmac like this.
  6. Kirzan New Member

I agree on the "experiencing the game" part. But please put a little more faith in the most basic gamer and new player you see. They are not monkeys. EverQuest is probably the least complicated MMORPG in terms of class ability and/or gameplay pace. If you can't figure out abilities/spell descriptions, or even try them on a couple of mobs to see what they do in practice, within a few days? Chances are you wouldn't in the time it takes to get 85 anyway.

Technically speaking, a gamer who WANTS to learn, WILL learn fast. Someone who DOESN'T want to learn should be excluded in the scenario, because they will quit within the first few hours.
  7. mark Augur

my question is do you need gold account to get all the aa granted or just get next ones when you have all the aa up to lvl 85 granted minus tradeskills and languages ?
  8. a_cleric00 Lorekeeper

I think there is a bit of confusion, so let me state what I have interpreted here (and Roshen can correct me if I'm wrong). You are ONLY able to claim a free heroic character during Mar 12 - 26 regardless of the account creation date. DURING THIS PERIOD ONLY, you will get 1 free heroic character per account created before Nov 8, or one free heroic character per household on accounts created after Nov 8. Neither category will be able to get free characters after March 26th.
  9. Silentsong New Member

All spells/songs to 85 will be granted also? Guessing yes, just want to confirm.
  10. Scribe of Fury New Member

My girlfriend and I both play in the same house on the same IP, but our Gold accounts are paid for on separate credit cards (mine and hers, obviously). So, does this mean that she will be able to get a Heroic Character on her account as well as me being able to get a Heroic Character on my account?

I just want clarification for this, preferably from Roshen and not from someone else's interpretation of what he said.
  11. Tarrin Augur

More information is needed.

Roshen said this specifically:

""For accounts created before Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per account.

For accounts created on or after Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per household."
  12. --Voodoo-- Augur

I'm also curious what happens if you have multiple accounts. For example, I have several accounts created before Nov 8th, and a couple created after.

I would assume I would be entitled to one heroic character on each of the accounts created prior to that date, plus one on one of the accounts created after. Is that correct? Or would one of the characters on a pre-Nov8 account count as my "one per household"?

Also, will making characters on the Test server now affect the entitlements on Live servers?
  13. Tarrin Augur

I would think that if you made the heroic character on the post Nov 8th account *first*, that would be set as the "one per household"..but then you'd still be able to create heroic characters on the ones flagged for "once per account" after.
  14. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

I refuse to play an effing treelord. 80 bajillion Drizzits would have been better than treelovers.
    Leerah, Yinla and Scribe of Fury like this.
  15. Mournblade Lorekeeper

If you decide to use the free Heric Character bonus to level up one of your pre-existing under level 85 toons. Will the character get all the gear (mount, bags, etc) that a fresh HC is allocated?
  16. Bloodsurger New Member

Why force the HC char to get autogrand aa's? I mean.. Why not let us chose if we want to or not? Its not hard to hit "autogrand".. My point is.. I would rather work on the "usefull" aa's befor doing that auto, to avoid screwing up the aa exp bonus.

Why force the autogrand? What is the point of that?
  17. Wayylon Augur

Wow, I wasn't expecting any for free, good deal. I'll be buying Cotf on one of my silver accts now so I can box HA's when I cant find a group.
  18. Mournblade Lorekeeper

The whole point of an HC is to have a character that is current on all AA's, skills, levels, gear, etc. If you don't want that. You should level the toon up from scratch.
  19. Ready Aimfire New Member

Here is my look on things. Anything extra I get I apreciate it. More poeple coming to the game I apreciate it and these things will do it. Would you rather them shut down eq for lack of people? So my son is 11 and I have been trying to get him to play forever so I got him his account and had him follow me around and I pl'd him. I would get him to 80 and he would want to switch characters. I finally figured it out. I had him pick a class and then I picked one and we started at level one. No power leveling we just followed each other around and played the game as intended. Now he wants to play every day. People getting pre made toons witll not like it as much if they are new players. They will get bored. People like me that have 3 accounts played from day one and have every class in the game all at level 100 will not care but people that know how to play already will like it cause they dont need the kill from level 1 experience. Its boring to start from level one and then go to 85 and find out you dont like it.
    sula and Cazmac like this.
  20. Ready Aimfire New Member

Do you get all your tomes and spells also?