Devs, unroot zerkers, please!

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Denhbers, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Largehits New Member

Thanks slasher. I doubt you are any better than I am though, as we use the same binds most likely and play the game more or less exactly the same way. lets not make it more into rocket science than it is.

Sure you are cool because you can use it on all events.. you rarely fail with it or look the wrong way because you jump just on top of the mob with frenzied resolve on. you never whip a burn to the point where using frenzied resolve cost you DPS. I guess being rooted is great after all then... facepalm.
  2. Denhbers Elder

Slasher, regarding the cotf raids you mentioned, the mob moves too much. Even when you get 30 seconds of rooted glory, big deal. More often not it ends up being a profound DPS loss. Even on Velishan it'd work well maybe 1 out of 5 times. The other four times I'd feel like switching classes.

I'm sorry, but the fact that you can execute this doesn't impress me. Being able to click off a root at the right time should not be a class-defining skill. No other class has to do anything like this. Root is different than blind imo. I do much better with blind, because I can strafe, strafe in an arc, etc.

Not every guild keeps a mob still like clockwork. And on DH1, I'm on maggots so not gonna do much there besides the safe discs. That green dude in DH1 moves around every time. WK1? omg forget that one, it moves around enough even when "pinned".
  3. Denhbers Elder

Look, I know it's around anniversary time and stuff will keep developers busy.

I'd still hope you'd consider removing frenzied resolve from the game, because zerkers are tuned around enough that is out of our control (which leads to poor tuning). I do not wish to be forced to root mayself to be competitive in a game that handles like a dump truck on three wheels. Stop this bad mechanic please! You have no idea how irritating it is!!!

The zerker community is heavily opposed to frenzied resolve. When devs put stuff in the game that hurts other classes, a fifty page thread ensues. Compromise reached.

Why not listen to the zerker community that actually plays the game?
  4. telechir Elder

Here's an idea.

Remove root and replace it with a "target lock". Any effects that would have rooted you instead lock your target. You cannot switch targets for any reason, even if the mob dies, until the effect has run its course. Now you can follow that raid mob around, but can't spread the damage around, almost the same as being rooted but more practical and less agravating.

Remove blind and replace it with and uncontrolled target effect. Instead of being blind, you automatically target the closest mob. You blindly target whatever is closest until the effect has run its course.

Those seem to keep in the spirit of how the class is designed but not quite so irritating. What do you think?
  5. Phrett Augur

oh no... nope this is not a good compromise. no

So I get a knockback or a gflux effect while using this effect, smack a bunch of mezzed mobs, and wipe the raid... no thanks.
  6. hakmer Augur

I'm a dwarf, the only time i should be blind and rooted is when i sit down at a table and drink myself blind and eat til i can't move!! even us chunky fellows are pretty quick and keen with an axe !
    Fenudir and Wayylon like this.
  7. Brogett Augur

There are shades of grey though. The devs appear to be ignoring all requests to remove the root, but maybe they'd accept a snare as an inbetween position? Still detrimental, but it gives you enough scope for combatting *reasonable* mob push.
  8. telechir Elder

Well for knockbacks or gflux, you could just turn attack off, then it doesn't matter what you have targeted until you get back to the mob you want.
  9. Slasher Augur

Apparently I am. Tell you what next time we do COTF raids ill make a video of it and upload it to youtube. Then you can see how Frenzied Resolve is use able on every raid.

Push sucks but if you burn from the start like you should root can be used. We just did DH1-2,WK1-2 last night and I used it on all 4 raids without clicking it off.

You want something changed the way to do it is not come here and lie to the devs because despite what most of us think they're not stupid. Root sucks but stop saying it cannot be used on the raids it can but it just isn't fun or reliable.
    Velora likes this.
  10. Phrett Augur

That sounds all well and good, but it just wouldn't work that way all the time...

Take WK1 for example... that's a raid where you've got dozens of mobs in a tight space, some being tanked and others mezzed... at any given time i have about 5 mobs within my swing range. One little push coupled with the right timing in my swings would not give me enough time click off attack before hitting at least one of those other mobs. Especially when you consider that in any situation where we would actually be using Blinding, we've also got several other effects on us that increase our swing rate, so we could easily break more than one in a matter of 1 or 2 seconds if we're surrounded.

Per Brogett's suggestion, I wouldn't be opposed to swapping the root component of FR to a snare instead... that would be better than nothing.
  11. Behelit Augur

Please do, and be sure to post the the link to the video here.
  12. Gragas Augur

With your UI.
  13. Denhbers Elder

In what way do you think I'm lying??? This game handles badly and root is a stupid requirement for any class. Grats Slasher, the master of a broken and idiotic mechanic.
  14. Slasher Augur

I think some are being dishonest on how often you can use it or how often you have to click it off. Some refuse to even try to adjust and use it or even consider it. I Never said it wasn't a stupid mechanic or that it is fun to deal with, But we need to learn to use it as best we can until we can get it removed.

Why are you using it on trash ? The trash is all gone when the named spawns and you can burn it on the named before he gets pushed away.
    I'm not trying to be confrontational with you guys. I hate this disc I think it ruins the fun of the class, but complaining here hasn't worked since it was put in the game. After awhile we just have to accept it and use it the best we can. Now is not the time to bring this up you want it changed bring it up in beta, in irc chats, PM any dev you can about it and keep doing it. Posting in public complaining about it gets nothing done.

You want something to change this is not the way to do it. They're more likely to listen in private.

Frankly they haven't even considered removing blind what makes any of us think they will remove root ?
  15. Slasher Augur

From my experience we will get more done if we can provide a reason other then its stupid or we don't like it. That reason has not worked for any other spell/AA/Disc in the game it will not work for us.
    Brogett likes this.
  16. Denhbers Elder

I'm through trying to "accept" this disc, because as you say, it ruins the fun of the class. I'd sooner quit or switch classes than "accept" it. When devs make a mistake of this magnitude, they need to be called out on it.

This game is supposed to be fun. A mechanic that causes universal frustration and attrition of a class shouldn't be in the game.

I'm going to call it what it is, frenzied resolve is STUPID. I've offered other reasons why:

Server/PC lag.
    Class already ridiculously dependent on other classes.
    Too many detrimental effects already.
    The 90% requirement to start our only competitive burn combo.

It all adds up to STUPID.

I don't care if devs think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's hurt the berserker class for years and continues to hurt it.

The strategy you say isn't working for us sure works for other classes when they want things fixed.
  17. Slasher Augur

Hasn't worked in 3 years. You want this changed maybe it's time we switch how we go about asking for a change.

You ever think of asking for battle leap to be fixed so it actually puts you in front of the mob properly ? That right there would make this root meaningless since you can battle leap every 20s. For starters battle leap has to ignore lev effects or it will never work right. After that they need to fix how it works period. Battle leap should take the mobs current location and leap you within a % of that location so you're always close to its center this is a simple math issue in the code. Take Location of target call it X leap you to location X but within a few % so you're not exactly ontop of the mobs center. I really do not know how this AA does not work properly.

If you cannot remove the root find ways to mitigate its effect.
  18. Velora Journeyman

No one likes being rooted, but it is something that increases our dps. We don't like it, I doubt any of us do. But, this disc isn't the complete end to everything. We can break 250k, even 300k, burst without being rooted. There are plenty of things that are dumb: 90% health to burn, blind, root, etc... but the fact is that you can complain and get nothing changed, or adapt to what we have. But if you refuse to adapt then don't complain about not being competitive, since you're not using all the tools.

Again, none of us like root, blind, etc... but they're here to stay. The only thing that bothers me is people calling others a liar for their high parses, when they don't use root, or people that pretend that they're not doing well without it. Honestly, our sustain could use help, but our burn is by far the best. In that department we are doing well, and you don't even need to root yourself to beat the other classes on burn parses. If they made the root even easier to use (ie snare, which I'm not against), that could eventually work against us, since we would, on average, be burning even higher.

Slasher is correct when he says most every event we can use root; parts can depend on the guild, but adjusting to the scenario is our job. Many berserkers don't even attempt to try to root, then get up in arms when someone is doing/parsing higher then them/ calls them liars. Try it out on a consistent basis, and see how it works for you.
    Slasher likes this.
  19. Denhbers Elder

"Oh I don't like it, but I will defend it by being a weakling and accept it".

Whatever, I've tried dealing with this disc on a laggy PC ON A SUSTAINED BASIS and it simply results in profound DPS loss most of the time.

That "it's here to stay" attitude makes me sick.
  20. Slasher Augur

Why are you on a laggy PC ? That is your issue not the disc.
    Velora likes this.