Live Update: Wednesday, February 19 @ 4am Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Vobs99 New Member

They wrecked half the classes in one patch. My ranger & shammie are equally un-fun to play now...
    duo13 likes this.
  2. duo13 Elder

I cant even log in :(
  3. Barnwyr Apprentice

Evidently SOE doesn't care for their long term customers. In one swoop they pooped all over them. Perhaps this is a new business model where you alienate your long term customer base in favor of people who don't like the game as it is.

I hope the people that continue to play are happy with the "New Game Enhancement."

After playing EQ since 2001, and leveling toons without PL'ing at all, I can say congrats on giving in to the lowest motivated people that aren't even paying you.

Good luck with your subscriptions, I wonder how long before the noobs will extort raid gear from you.

If I treated my long term customers this way, I would be out of business and looking for work in a few days.
  4. idej Augur

Well tried logging in for my normal 20 minute spurts. Was able to kill 8 mobs. Not even worth it anymore. So I guess I'm back to weekends only. Thanks SoE. I enjoyed that small blip of shutting my brain down and making visible progress. I'll try to see if my alts can fill in the gap otherwise its not going to be worth keeping my accounts gold.
    Funno likes this.
  5. Karthanon Augur

85 RNG, Silver acct (no free AA for me), did not PL other characters with headshot, at least I could use it for goofing off or maybe farming...not any more. My playtime is very restrictive, and I'm not going to waste someone else's time by trying to get a group/etc. only to have to leave 15 minutes afterwards.
    So much for entertainment - I could at least have fun counting headshots on greys (not even light blues). I guess it'll just be daily quests and out.

Yeah, I know, I'm not gold, so /, right?
    Funno likes this.
  6. Tamani New Member

The patch says this about Druid spells:
    Druid - Made several changes to the Skin of the Reptile line of spells:
    -- All ranks now last the same base amount of time: 4.5 minutes.
    -- Mana costs are now lower and scale more smoothly.
    -- All ranks have had their proc limit increased to 72 procs.

What I don't see in the patch notes is the change to the regrowth spell. The duration was cut in half. Was this intentional or an accident? It was difficult to keep this on the tanks before this will make it almost impossible. Please reverse this change.

As for the rest - no point in whining about the AA. You don't have to opt in and it might be detrimental to opt in at too low a level. Think before you do so.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

Oh, and by the way Sony, you didn't fix anything, you just created a new game called pay-to-groupquest. At least with power leveling, you paid 100k and got several levels, now people are paying 25k/hr just to be in a group and sit on the side line watching other people grind away.
  8. Sweetstuff New Member

THANK YOU Sony for those auto-granted AA's! Was able to molo for the first time in 8 levels, and had FUN, and *not* a nervous break down!

They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I *so* needed those 2600 AA's!
    (I had around 3500 previously).
  9. TwilightSky New Member

As a druid, I was disappointed that the "Enhanced Root" line, which was autogranted, actually made my new AA Paralytic Spores less convenient as a crowd control device because the root is harder to break when you don't want it to be. It'd be nice if that line could be refunded and exempt from the autogrant system in the future.
  10. Izcurly Augur

Never mind that the more EQ-centric someone is, the less likely they are to even know what NGE is as it's not part of the EQ vocabulary/experience. Which means those only being understood by their peer group with the right background. Yes, even if you explain the actual abbreviation, it doesn't magically give anyone the background experience to understand what it was all about (e.g. one of those you-had-to-be-there things, from what I gather), so it's still pretty darn useless to reference in this forum.
  11. Tarrin Augur

The temporary health buff, Rampant Growth line? Mine is currently landing for 5m35s. Pretty sure thats still the same.
  12. poto Elder

3) would have preferred the game to have been developed to allow faster routes for progression to be gained that also added ongoing benefits to group at all levels
    Velric likes this.
  13. poto Elder

they DID do i poll, or so i've been told!!!

just they only polled silver accounts or those quitting gold?
    Funno likes this.
  14. poto Elder

cleric has had about 1/3 their options removed. swarming aside - shinning was awesome spell to add fun by aiding clr tanking - stun to hold agro, heal proc to not have to chain self heals and prey.

not much fun playing as a cleric merc in mindless mob smashing content - aka grinding
    Funno likes this.
  15. poto Elder

100% agree with you. well more if 100% wasn't the real life cap

love my cleric(100 )...

sounds like you play similar to me. I also used shining to help hold agro and go out playing group tank against lb's and risky db on old content for guildies (non raid guild).

only thing i can see me doing now is moloing using wizzy merc (as dps and tank rolled into one) or occasionally doing DH missions with guildies who arn't scared of dropping their merc (aka risking sharing loot!).

would love to be end game raider but sadly server dynamics just don't allow for UK timed raids on vox and being able to meet the 'must attend 80%+ rules, so thats out too..
  16. Funno New Member

I must agree, playing a cleric (100) trying to keep up with buffs is a PITA. The cleric is next to worthless, right up there with the Berz and Ranger.

Grats SOE, I just canceled my 5, yes FIVE GOLD accounts... Thanks for the shove to get me to go to something else, but not EQN that is for dang sure.

Funno
    Barnwyr likes this.
  17. Jannver New Member

I had switched to my cleric as a main, since my War had been powerleveled and was basically worthless as a tank. The cleric just hit 100 this week, but only had about 2000 AAs. When I logged in, I was granted an additional 3300 AAs on cleric and now can solo and group heal more efficiently. My guild raids and likes to do CotF missions, so now I actually feel useful instead of needing a backup healer merc.
    My warrior (lvl 86) had only 800 AAs, now has 4000. I'm tickled pink with the ability to tank again and may go back to playing more often. I know a lot of people aren't happy with the auto grant, however, for those of us who feel that letting our buddy "get us up to level" was not the best way to play the game, I like the chance to reset and continue playing the right way. Hopefully, this will make me a wanted addition to groups.
  18. Decap New Member

I'll just leave this here....

I spent the day gathering a little data.

My berserker is lev 100 in cotf crafted gear for visibles + cloak/belt/shoulders and weapon. RofT1 group for all other slots. Not all gear is fully augged, but those that do have augs, are hDex augs in 9 slots.

Did my data mining in grounds on 87-88 mobs. Wasps, snakes, hedges, etc. On average, I got 1 proc per every 2 mobs. Each mob taking 1 minute 25 seconds on average to kill. Making the proc rate closer to 3 minute recast. Being that even in a hotzone these mobs produce next to nothing in experience, this seems absolutely ridiculous of a proc rate. Taking into account the VAST majority of berserkers are NOT raid geared, means that if you want to use this ability to solo with, you are stuck killing lower level trivial mobs and waiting minutes for a proc to occur. While I haven't tested on higher level mobs, and I am excited that I have the ability to decapitate higher level mobs, making the new ranks REQUIRE I buy cotf is a bit excessive. As well as, I have a hard enough time pulling 1-2 mobs in grounds, I don't dare try soloing mobs in RoFt1...

This patch needs some heavy fixing. If they really just wanted to end swarming, I don't see how adding a 10-15 second recast delay on Decapitate would not have worked. Show me a Berserker who can sustain 20+ mobs beating on him while waiting 5 minutes for all procs to kill the mobs, and I'll show you a hacker.
    Petts likes this.
  19. Decap New Member

To top it all off, I sat and watched SKs continue to swarm, and Mages continue to beam.
    Barnwyr, Mozzarella and Petts like this.
  20. Engineer Augur

Imagine what you just said combined with a humanoid-only restriction, and now you know how rangers and rogues feel.
    Petts likes this.