Live Update: Wednesday, February 19 @ 4am Pacific

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 4:00AM Pacific*. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 4 hours.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Time Zone Converter
  2. Meleeic New Member

So is this the AA/nerf update?
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

All indications are that it is "The Patch".
    Also known in infamy as the "February 29th patch". <EG>
    -Rat
    Hey! It's better than the "Valentine's Day Massacre" !
    Draego and Dexar like this.
  4. Slasher Augur

I thought it was known as "Everquest welcomes the NGE"
    Barnwyr likes this.
  5. Trosh Augur

Hooray! finally!
  6. Icetech Lorekeeper

OMG i can't wait! no more selling beams spam.. best update ever.. and i wish the people that cry would look at the big picture.. this is a very good thing for the game in general:)
  7. Stonereq Journeyman

People who cried are those who couldn't do massing pulling themselves. Server Lag is a cop out to sell new Heroic Toons. It will be nice not having to grind a toon up to that level though.
    Funno, Keeneyes and LostBoy32 like this.
  8. Cervelo Journeyman

I've been playing EQ since it came out in 1999. I consider myself a veteran of this game and I'm looking forward to the AA/patch. It's a good thing. Most of the naysayers have a chip on their shoulders and doesn't want other players that doesn't have as much time (or have a real life other than eq) to play to catch up a little. It's rubbish. If you don't want the AA's, opt out. Plain and simple.
  9. revran1 Journeyman

the funny thing about all these people fussing about the beam spam and ranger pl are the same people sending tell to get in your group or buying beams it so dam funny there twofaced BS
    Smallpox and Vizier like this.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

people who complain any more feel like they have the power to stop/change any of it. SoE has made it clear, we really don't
    Barnwyr and Dances like this.
  11. Gnub Journeyman

I couldn't care less about the nerfs. Would rather get some customer service in the form of SOE policing their servers instead of these cop outs, but I'm fairly accepting of getting nothing deserving of my 15 bucks. I am sad to see the patch cut 1/4 of the content out for us real gamers, but I'm sure there's a bottom line there somewhere for SOE in the SC store.
    Geroblue, LostBoy32 and Velric like this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's not entirely true. While we can't modify the intent of changes, our input on these forums has played a factor in the methodology of the changes that come to pass in the end.
    -Rat
  13. ElectricSheep Journeyman

I love the people who call this a cop out and the ones who say things like all the people who agree with this patch are two faced, etc. At least this time the devs were upfront with us and gave us clearly spelled out reasoning for the changes. What ever....this is a fix to mistakes they admitted they made and an AA grant that can be opted out of. Like it or not it is coming. Change happens. I won't say how I feel about the changes I just wanted to point out all the non facts and whining are out out of control. Give it a rest. You don't know what you are talking about. No more to say.
    Qest T. Silverclaw and Smallpox like this.
  14. Numzan Augur

Not true at all and stop being prejudice. Its the future of the game we love. Some of us feel its not a good thing and others feel it is a good thing. Myself I think you all should grind the AA's out period. If soe just gave you x100 bonus I don't care.... but grind them out like everyone else has.

Beams are a few people screwing around with things. Now they need to fix it, but don't Label this patch as a beaming nerf, its more about the nerf of all characters, and the AA bonus to the < 5000 thing that has more upset and worried about the state of the game. Nobody is upset over beams, its the ones whom draw 300 mobs that maybe not happy with it. The ones that beam 25 mobs that are grey are the ones that should be upset.

Heck probably half of us don't even care. If it ruins my mage you bet ill be complaining about the over all feel of something I put money into to catch up to the other 100's I will be rather upset if I cant play solo or in a raid environment because SOE decided to hurt my character.

Think next time.. The game just doesn't revolve around exploiters.
    Velric and Eluwenie like this.
  15. ElectricSheep Journeyman

25 grey mobs can actually be killed very very quickly without beam spells needing to have unlimited targets.
    Qest T. Silverclaw and Numzan like this.
  16. Eluwenie Augur

I agree with Numzan.. I like working for AA's not getting them automatically. I don't have uber gear and I'm not wanting to be the best ranger out there. I don't group because I die too quick, I know what I can handle and not handle.. been playing since 2002 and I have worked my way up to what I am today.. we have the option to opt out of the AA's if we want to so to each their own.
    airforce60 and Numzan like this.
  17. Numzan Augur

Oh I totally agree, I like the beam spells because of the targeting. The mobs are grey so we get spoiled a beam lineup.

Seriously if beams where that much of a problem then why did they introduce us to them on any class.

I just don't get it sometimes....
  18. ElectricSheep Journeyman

Yeah, well that's the rub. The developer that designed them even admitted he made a mistake. We as players often find ways to use spells and abilities in ways the developer who made them never thought of, and never intended. Sometimes these things have to be adjusted, and even taken away. Games change and evolve. Yes, it sucks to have an ability changed in a way that makes it less powerful, but most of these changes should not be called "nerfs". They are simply changes that have to be made to preserve the longevity of the game we all love. Some things would ruin the game's future if they were not changed, and that is just the brutal truth of it. Honestly, I will admit....I currently main a magician. This will affect me farming for tradeskill materials for new alts. I have played since 1999 and have played several classes. I have felt the brunt of more than one of these "adjustments". I just think the complaining is getting out of hand. There is a real problem that needs to be addressed. /Shrug...maybe they are not addressing it in the best way, but they are addressing it. And the conspiracy theories and all the people spouting so-called facts and statistics needs to stop. Yesterday.
    Cazmac and Smallpox like this.
  19. Numzan Augur

I just did 15 levels and 2100aa's since returning approx. 30days ago. I worked my butt off to catch-up. Then I heard of the aa grant. Yes it sort of upset me, I felt wow I only have over 3000aa's and most of them probably will be written over by a newer player. Then I looked at the other side I can opt out, or take them... I would then have more aa's when I raid, and be a valid member of the team.

But...

This whole patch thing has made ppl angry, some quit, others just simply never respond to forums. But what good did it do? basically split EQ players in half is what it did. It was a blow to many, and we haven't seen the last of the complaints. Wait until tomorrow night when you see half of the player base threads. How many get warned and deleted. It will simply make ppl quit, when you corner them.

No I think this was a horrible time to announce anything like this. I would have decided to do something like this in a much more controlled fashion. I first would have looked at the grinding bonus. Would it help players to give them more AA bonus if under < 95 how much time, and how hard are these mobs vrs the type of player, and or gear to obtain the AA bonus.

Instead the grant thing was the wrong term to use. I would have said "we are restructuring the AA lines" some will become passive, and others will become bonus to those already spent.

Make the Defensive AA's passive. This way a 95 lvl character can have a chance to kill XX mob in WK or SL zones. Not the Mob killing XX group....

As funny as that sounds I can see it being possible the group is now being camped by the mob XX

but I don't work for SOE.... otherwise
    Eluwenie likes this.
  20. Eluwenie Augur

I like the idea of the option but I also like working on skills too, not just fighting all the time. I do solo 99% of the time so what I've read so far really don't affect me that much, those who group and raid, well, they might be the majority here because they aren't happy with this or that. I am a lvl 85 and have been at that level for a long time. I simply can't do any expansion under HoT. I know things have been nerfed and Sony has taken a hard approach to certain things in EQ 1. This will not stop me as a player however, I will decide if I need certain things or not in game and as far as I've gotten thusfar I'm content with. I'm not looking to be a lvl 100 with all the AA's out there, to me that takes the fun out of the game. I like to be adventurous and also work on some tradeskills as well. No, not everyone will like changes, some people are happy but some are not. But won't that always be the case? You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
    Cazmac and Numzan like this.