Changes on Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Aghinem Augur

Well - I know who to go to if I need a loan - hahaha
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. alicard Elder

It goes pretty fast when you are buying a full suit of the latest armor for 20-30 million. Especially if you try to outfit more than 1 character. I usually do the hand me down method hehe.
  3. Axxius Augur

Well then, look at it this way: it was a free 50-70k per each lv 1 char created during the anniversary months. Of course that couldn't have possibly been intended and had to be fixed. People that complain about SOE fixing an exploit of such magnitude need to think again.
  4. alicard Elder

I think they must have caught on to my transferring characters off my original server full of bloodgills because after I did it two years ago free transfers stopped. My original server had 4 accounts with level 70's on it and I powerleveled 32 characters to level 20 early in the year. Sent them over with 340 bloodgills or any other collector item I was having trouble getting as well as wearing nice Fabled Water Dragon Shield.

Last year I had to use all my station cash on buying transfer tokens but was still worth it. Still have 15 level 20's equiped with Fabled Water Dragon Shields just waiting to transfer over and taking off the no drop tag.

Anyone need 2000 collector bloodgill's? Guess I shouldn't have collected so many last year. They are going to be pretty to look at I guess :p
  5. phraxasthereal Journeyman

tbh i could care less, im going to have a guild bank full of these potions and whenever i need them on a alt to level i just remove it from the guild bank, so to me it changes very little, including the nerfs to all the PLing but my issue is they start with 1 change then continue. that's the only problem i have, and tbh this isn't even the 1st item they changed from trade-able to no drop, they changed the shawl 3.0 and raid 3.0 but that item didn't effect that many people on FV so it was accepted, but this does so here we are going WTH?!?!
  6. Axxius Augur

That's interesting: NODROP items in guild bank. You can't put them in it, but what if they become NODROP when they are already there? Are you sure you will be able to withdraw them?
  7. EverChanter Augur

Now now, let's not insinuate anything "exploitative" is going on. SoE was made very clearly aware of this several years ago when the first fix was put in. You SPECIFICALLY stated that it wouldn't be changed to the FV server when that first fix went. Now, there's a specific reason these need to be changed, "possibly due to you needed to sell more xp potions on the Fv server". See what I did there?

Going back years later and claiming this is just silly.
    guado, Gyurika Godofwar and MacHammer like this.
  8. Izcurly Augur

Well if it works, he's just been nice enough to tell SOE all about it so they can fix it in a future patch. Give him credit for not hiding the exploit.
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Prathun Developer

This week was the first I had heard of it. We made the change immediately after finding out and messaged the change immediately after that. And while we do take into account how long a thing has been on server when deciding how to address it, there is no statute of limitations that prevents us from changing longstanding content. As Piestro mentioned, if we wanted FV to gain experience drastically faster than other servers, we would crank up the serverwide modifier, we wouldn't encourage completing an anniversary task hundreds of times on hundreds of characters.
    Elricvonclief and moogs like this.
  10. Drathus Augur

I'm indifferent about the change, however, some consideration needs to be made on how the change is implemented.

The Ceremonial Elixir of Scholarship have been tradeable for many years. It is not simply a case of individuals farming the potions during the anniversary and selling them. They have become part of the FV economy. Buyers procure them to resell in /bazaar mode. People have invested in them as they generally go up in price slowly over time (better to hold on to 50 Scholarship potions than the plat they are worth). People have stocked up on the potions for future alts they are planning to make.

The problem, is that you are not giving everyone enough notice with this change. Some people may not even be playing between now and the patch that makes them no drop. They may be stored on characters they are not intended for. You may not give much consideration to farmers that have 'exploited' the system to attain these, but what about the person that recently spent a million plat and have 20 of the sitting on a buyer or a bazaar mule?

One solution could be to simply change the reward on the quest to a no-drop version. This will allow the old version to exist and be phased out as they are used up. If something similar to this is not implemented, more notice needs to be given to the population of FV.
  11. Kolani Augur

I have to call shenanigans, Prathun. Before she left last year, Elhana had petitioned and even posted on the boards about this issue repeatedly.

Now, for people defending it as "the way it always was" - the last time this quest was changed, Firiona was still on the one character per account rule AND it was before f2p. If you wanted a second potion, you had to have a second account and be willing to sacrifice the only character on that second account that you were paying $14.99 a month for in order to do the quest repeatedly.
  12. alicard Elder

I think a week is more than enough time for people to log in and move scholarships to the proper characters. I am a hemit on the server for the most part because I box, and don't group, but even I have a few friends out there that I have made sure they know what is comming. I am sure most if not all the people that aren't on right now will have some friend let them know because this isn't exactly a small change. Especially for someone that has a ton of scholarships on a character\characters not to hear about it. It is all over the server in general and bazaar so everyone should know that needs to know.
  13. Aghinem Augur

I agree with Drathus and his proposed method. Let the potions phase themselves out rather than put people on high alert to get stuff transferred between their alts. In fairness, you have to consider that not everyone reads the forums.
  14. Drathus Augur

I have a /buyer set up buying these to resell. I have about 22 of them currently sitting on the buyer. I was supposed to take off to the east coast for work this Wednesday, returning next Thursday. The trip was cancelled due to the winder storms and grounded flights. If I had actually gone on that flight, I would not only have been unaware of the change, but unable to do anything about it even if I heard. Your view that every single person affected by this will become aware of it in a single week is narrow at best. There are people that play multiple games and often unaware of any major changes until after they have taken effect. I currently play GW2 and sometimes go a month or more before logging into Everquest. Not everyone that plays this game does so on a regular basis.
  15. Drathus Augur

^^^^ correct. In fact, the forums are plastered with complaints about steal killing and people camping the spawns 24 hours a day etc., every single year, the entire month that it's live.

The change is probably a positive one overall. How the change is implemented needs more consideration than simply changing all the potions to no-drop with only one week notice. It will adversely affect many people that have never even participated in the quest.

Changing the reward for the anniversary quest to no-drop (new item) and letting the current potions to phase out is a viable solution. If all current potions are being changed to no-drop, more warning and time needs to be given than one week.
  16. Chikkin Augur

Drathus has the right idea. Just like the DE Mask from Guk years ago, when they changed it, they let the original stand and phase itself out.
  17. alicard Elder

So you don't have any friends that play the game at all anymore? I rarely chat with anyone but still have a few friends that let me know about it. I wasn't playing this week and was sent an email telling me about the change and I have logged in and moved the 400 I had left to the characters that needed them the most.

I did post that most, if not all, would be aware of it. I didn't think about the ones serving our country, or your case, that wouldn't have access to see this change. I do think that most people that do the Scholarship quest a lot or that have a lot of them are always worried this would happen. I know I was. For the last 6 years doing the quest over and over I would put them all on my top character until full, then work my way to each of my characters until everyone was full. After that I would be forced to lose them to alts I would never play but that is the chance I had to take.

Now that we are a month away, especially with the other major changes, I thought that this could happen. I still think a week is enough because it should have been stopped years ago and everyone knows it.
  18. phraxasthereal Journeyman

yea, if they become no drop after they are already in, anyone who has access to said guild bank can withdraw. so it, ill load up and everything will be cool. technically same with shared bank, if its in your shared bank they will stay there and can be removed by any1 on that account, so at the end of the day always a work around. until they ban me or something right??
  19. alicard Elder

You do this though and it will make the price the highest the bazaar has ever seen, and they may never be gone because people will buy them just to put them for even more plat. It could have been much worse. Imagine if they made the Scholarship Lore with or without the no drop tag.

They are already doing it, they are buying up the ones for 60k and putting them to 150k Lol
  20. Drathus Augur

It's rather a selfish position. You are aware and can move your potions around, but what about those who are not aware, or will not have access to the game this week? You created your own potions by doing the quest over and over, but what if you had spent 50,000 pp on each of those 400 potions and logged in one day to them sitting on a couple of bazaar traders? Essentially, 20 million platinum down the toilet? The potions have become a tradeable commodity on FV and more consideration needs to be taken as to the implementation of this change.

However, I am not disagreeing with the change.