2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Piasa Journeyman

What is the cap on station cash currently? Would just like to know, cause if I'm near it I will spend it.
  2. Yesway Augur

Disagree all you want but before SC was ever introduced the monthly fee for playing was 14.99, so paying the same and getting the 500 per month *clearly labeled as promotion* was a free bonus.
    Aanuvane, blahblah and Draego like this.
  3. Hiny Emberglow New Member

I love the idea posted earlier that you could let us choose each month to buy a 2k item or buy 500SC that you can hoard. PLEASE DO THIS! win-win
  4. xcitng Augur

the sub may have been $14.99 but soe was losing customers and did the 500 sc to be incentive for them to return, and more to come, hoping they would do recurring subs which uses a credit card and therefore more of a guarantee of consistant sure payment of thier account

same with f2p, it was put in to entice ppl to return and new ppl to come
  5. Yesway Augur

That doesn't change that fact of it being a promotion to receive free SC with a paid subscription. The word bonus in and of itself indicates something extra given. Regardless, there is no reason to keep debating this, people can either accept the truth or not. I'm genuinely not surprised that people are still complaining.
    Draego likes this.
  6. Piestro Augur

10s of thousands.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Trazzlo Elder

We were on all-access and often had EQ and EQ2 running on the same accounts.
  8. Show New Member

/fail
    Wrong again, The sc cash Bonus is only provided if you auto renew your subscription payment :) Turn off that feature and see what happens to your " free " 5.00 bucks SC cash.
    Geroblue and bloodbeard like this.
  9. Trazzlo Elder

I also am not surprised that people are still complaining. It's always bad news for some people.

Yes, I would have preferred the 2000sc/month but it is fine that they decided to go back to the 500sc.

No, I am not terribly upset that for $15/month we get All-Access to games other than EQ, down from $19.99 (or via Krono). It's all less expensive if you want it. If you want a deal just on EQ, buy multi-month options.

It's all good, except for the people who are determined to be victims.
    Lisandra, Aanuvane and Yesway like this.
  10. Yesway Augur

Paid subscription at 14.99 gives bonus of 500 SC. If you don't renew that subscription then obviously you don't get the bonus for having an active paid subscription. Nothing in my post was "fail", good try though.
  11. Canik Augur

This is incorrect. Paying 14.99 gets you gold status. Having a recurring subscription is what gets to the 500 SC per month.
    Show, bloodbeard and Draego like this.
  12. Yesway Augur

I see the misunderstanding there, I didn't think anyone didn't use the recurring outside of cards or krono. I also heard that using walmart sub card have the 500 bonus sc on it? I could be wrong on that as I've never used those. That's why I said "renew that subscription" by which I was meaning auto-renew. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That, of course, doesn't change the fact that it's still a free bonus, applied to recurring subscriptions *fixed my statement*.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

Canik is correct, this statement explains it as part of the subscription cancellation email:

"As a result of this cancellation, your access to exclusive Members Only content will be removed after the end of your Membership cycle. In addition, and with immediate effect, you will no longer receive SC500 per month (granted for remaining on an auto-renew plan)."
  14. Kiizze New Member

Bravo Sony for listening to the masses, thank you
    Reht likes this.
  15. Santonin New Member

I play EQ on an annual recurring gold sub which I have billed to my credit card. As one poster has already said, recurring Gold subs earn 500SC per month - with no caveats. It's SOE's responsibility to do the SC "accounting" - whether they have problems or not. By making the loyal customer base keep track of the passage of time and claim their supposedly "no caveat" SC every month, SOE is simply shifting the burden of accounting over to the loyal customer base, and that is NOT in the conditions set forth in the subscription policy.

Additionally, my understanding is that Kronos can currently be used to extend a formerly recurring sub. While I respect the EQ players who use purchase Kronos with platinum and play EQ for free, Kronos are nonetheless a monthly non-recurring plan, and the use of them should constitute a subscription plan change and therefore be ineligible for the free SC bonus. I do not know if part of the "accounting" problem is due to that factor or not, but if it is, then that is one way to resolve it.
  16. Draego Augur

NOWHERE..........

and I mean NOWHERE has it been written or addressed that the RECURRING FEE WILL NOT INCREASE at this point, in order to incorporate coverage of Station Cash, that used to be given freely as a bonus, for being a recurring subscription holder.

Thanks to all the masses who may have just screwed all of us over by giving SOE reason to increase the recurring rates.

The only thing that has been said is:
    This does not equate to a guarantee that the recurring rates will not be changed.
  17. Trajet D'Or Augur

9. ARE THERE LIMITS AS TO HOW MUCH STATION CASH I CAN PURCHASE, AND HOW MUCH STATION CASH I CAN HAVE IN MY WALLET?
    Yes. You'll be notified by our system if you exceed our preset limits.

There are limits they just can't tell you, same as most places if you try to buy 8 items they go "No", then you try to buy 7 and they go "No", then you try....until they finally agree to sell you 2 items that day and then you have to wonder if you need to wait until after midnight, 24 hours, a week, consume those 2 items and/or hop up and down on one foot facing north before you can purchase another two.
    Oh wait, no it's just the Online Entertainment division of Sony which is the 8 year old running a lemonade stand of online retailers since obviously they aren't comfortable with online transactions.
    As a partially useful answer at one point the limit was atleast 42000 which is something very few people will reach although it's likely the current cap is lower since with a 2 year auto-renewal on the account which has always been active other than the free time awarded from when all servers were down (no Krono, no SC purchased sub time) it no longer gets 500sc per month and no there isn't any messaging indicating that I'm over the cap.
  18. Bloodmoons New Member

I want to thank you for listening to both the negitive and positive feed back.
    And taking this matter in the right direction.
    Blood
  19. Melanippe Augur

Thank you, Piestro, for the timely replies.
  20. Lunetune New Member

At the end of the day, most of us will continue to play with or without the "cool" free stuff. Until they actually announce a raise in real dollar prices, there is nothing to get upset over.

The extras are fun, but none of this affects our game play nor increases the cost to play.

I appreciate the swift response to players' concerns by Smed and the clarifications posted by Piestro. Thanks!
    Sita, Elricvonclief, Lisandra and 2 others like this.