2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Beechwoodgrey Augur

This news makes me all fuzzy inside...thankee!!!

[IMG]
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Randragon Augur

Thank you SoE for listening to the active playing community and coming to a feasible compromise. It all sounds good and the only tweak I saw that would be greatly appreciated would be able to log into our account and do the once a month claim on the SC for those that can't jump online the game at that time.

Active duty military and other professions may prevent logging into the game at any one time due to mitigating circumstances.

I really do appreciate the fact that the one fee of $14.99 will be like the 'All Pass' fee. This is great value for the dollar even if you don't plan on playing another game at the moment. I play EQ mainly but I also have an EQ2 character that I don't actively play but with this I will definitely log into that account more.

Keep up the good work and thanks again for listening!
  3. Geroblue Augur

Closing thread after thread isn't listening. Its hoping the complainers will stop or pretending the complaints don't exist. I see nothing in three threads that will get me to continue my subs.
  4. Geroblue Augur

I don't always log in every month. Its rare I don't, but it does happen. Looks like I miss out on the 500SC unless I log in.
  5. Eandolf Elder

They reverted the changes and went back to the 500 SC model (though with the added mechanic of having to log in/punch a button to get your monthly SC like LoN), which certainly seems like a compromise. I am struggling to understand what you would have wanted them to do instead.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Geroblue Augur

I think I was rather clear in everything I posted about this. Still having to login to claim it is not a return to before.

I could have lived with a shopping cart of up to 2000SC per month, but that didn't happen.

It wasn't added anything. Certainly not value. I felt like I had been slapped in the face. And yes, I'm not someone who doesn't understand the EULA.

I've added value to my life, by coming up with other hobbies. I may stay, I may not.
  7. Ishtass Augur

Thanks for not screwing us as badly on what we had I guess. But whatever keeps the game going I'm fine with, if that's what it takes. I just am a bit annoyed that the 2000SC item per month deal was gift wrapped like it was a cool bonus for us, only to be a finely polished turd inside.
  8. dampfire3 New Member

I have been playing off and on as I have had money and a job in order to play this game since early in the year 2000. I'm not on here religiously but I do love this game and had to actually make an account on here in order to post my thoughts for the first time since I started playing EQ.

Personally, I don't mind this version much. The 2000/month use or lose it was okay but not as good as what the current system gave you. Not really and added value. I love the idea of a cart and would love to get discounts once in a while, making me want to get SC to spend on the market place. In the end though, I only ever buy potions and bags and character/account perks with my SC. Eventually you can make yourself a Gold member without having to dish out money every month, but it would cost a good bit to do so and only be for select characters. Either way, SOE please look into the Cart idea as it would help out a lot. Also, look into the bugs you have with buying bundles of stuff. I was unable to buy the four bag bundle at all when I paid $50 for SC in order to get said bags. I ended up getting smaller bundles and losing out on what I was trying to get with my money.

Thanks for listening to what has been said, but do try and implement new items into the market place for those of us who are all about how things look. Mercenary boxes, bags, and potions can only get you so far.
  9. Rogue Augur

Loud minority wins again. Would have preferred the 2k pick item per month.
    Tyranthin, Draego, Genoane and 5 others like this.
  10. Darkenr Elder

How is that a compromise? It's a pretty clear cut case of "we're taking something away and/or forcing you to do something with nothing extra in return". A compromise would be something like, "Because we're forcing you to log in and claim your own SC instead of just giving it to you automatically, we're increasing the SC claimed for free by 250 to a total of 750SC per month." (Or 1000 would be better, but still lol).

Either don't change it at all, or give MORE value than is currently given as a "compromise" to forcing your customers to do something that's already currently automatic.

Or give people an OPTION. I fail to understand why companies still want to force their customers into things instead of giving options. Why not have it be something like. "You have your monthly station store claim available! Please select 1 item valued at 2000sc or less, OR if you don't select an item by the end of the month, 500 station cash will be AUTOMATICALLY transferred to your station cash balance."

Bam, you've just made it so nothing changes to the customers that like it the way the current system works, AND you've also appeased your customers that did like the idea of 1 free item valued up to 2000 station cash per month. Choices in these situations are almost always better as long as it doesn't undercut the current value of the current system.
    Bigbear and blahblah like this.
  11. blahblah Journeyman

I think this is a little awkward to say the least. Recurring subs already get a 500 SC deposit to their account. Why make someone log on just to "claim" something they were already previously qualified and/or entitled to per the SoE terms and conditions? If I don't want to play during the summer months because my workload doesn't allow me the extra time, why penalize me for months I do not get to log into the game (i.e. - Everquest)?

I say leave it status quo - automatic deposit as it is, unless someone else finds a better idea. Requiring someone to log in to claim a recurring qualifying item appeals to me as a possible way to pad active account status for players (perhaps I am wrong, but I don't see any other benefit from the end user perspective).

Feel free to elaborate or correct me any of this... Maybe I am missing something?
  12. Bigbear Augur

well since SOE seems to be bent on making us claim our SC then I suppose my compromise would be more like:

everyone gets 250 SC automatically per month...however if you log in you can claim an additional 750 sc per month for recurring gold members only... for a total of 1000 SC for those that play and log in every month but if you cant log in for whatever reason you still get 250 sc since you are still paying us for a gold membership
    this way...there is added benefit to playing and we still get something even if we don't play for a month or two
  13. Trellium Elder

If it's important to you, then log in. Otherwise, you are making enough money on your other pursuits that the $5 is made up there. If it is still $5 important to you, then find some time to log in. I don't get the issue. It's not like it's some sort of deal breaker.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Trellium Elder

Things are changing, that's the way it is. You have to log in once per month to get the 500sc credit. Wow, big hurdle there, given that if you don't you just wasted $15 in sub time and the $5 in free store points is suddenly a massive issue?

It makes no sense at all.

Plus everyone gets All-Access, which is a perk whether or not you specifically want it. But it is a great perk for people who do or are thinking they might just check out one of the other games sometime. Essentially it means you get the perks of Gold in every supported All-Access game.

I think it is a darn decent new system, far better than what we had, with the single downgrade of having to log in once per month.
  15. Darkenr Elder

I only complain about things being done that are being changed that inconvenience a paying customer for absolutely nothing else in return. It's like say my ISP needing me to call them up every month regardless of whether or not I used any data that month or they're going to charge me a fee because that's ultimately what's going on here. If I don't log in and remember to hit claim, than I'm losing real money valued currency. If my real money's value is being tampered with, like heck I'm just going to roll over and just take it. But in the end I'm only one gold membership, so in the grand scheme of things I'm about 1/1,000th of a single drop in the bucket probably lol...

I was perfectly content and had nothing else to complain about before this change. I've gone months without having to complain about anything from SoE, and have given more compliments and props to things than I have complaints, so whatev.
  16. Maasq New Member

Thank you for listening to your customers on this one.
    The all-access pass seems very interesting too. Interesting times then!
  17. Piestro Augur

I won't say it won't ever change, but there is no discussion of it changing internally. If anyone's saying this their either starting rumors or propagating them. They don't have inside knowledge. If anyone tells you differently tell them to come talk to me so I can help clarify for them.
  18. Maliki New Member

Question -- if we already paid for the yearly all-access pass (which comes down to $14.99/month), will we be given an adjustment of any type since the new yearly all-access pass would be less money? Cancelling and re-subbing under a different pay plan doesn't help, since the current time period is already paid, and the "new" subscription pricing doesn't come into effect until after the current period (in my case, another 10 months or so) runs out.
  19. Melanippe Augur

Just to point out a few things about having to log in.

If you want to collect your free 5-pack of LoN cards you have to log in and do so once per month.
    If you want to avoid being evicted from your house plot and have your house and items crated up, you have to log in every 90 days.
    If you want to avoid being evicted from your Guild plot and have your guild hall and items crated up, someone in the guild has to log in every 30 days.

It isn't as if logging in to continue or maintain something within a set time frame is all that new. :)

Piestro already made mention of contacting Customer Service for those, such as deployed military, who may have difficulty meeting the monthly log in requirement to receive the bonus 500 Station Cash.

Basically, the Station Cash part of the recurring subscription package continues as originally announced with the single caveat now of logging in monthly. It also appears that those recurring subscriptions that are priced based on special promotional pricing will continue, example: the $99.99 yearly rate.
    In addition, it appears that paid subscriptions will become All Access at a cost of $14.99 monthly...or less for those with special promotional pricing.

No one is losing anything they were already receiving. All paid subscribers will get something, All Access at no additional cost. Those who already had All Access will pay less for it. The single caveat being that, to collect your monthly 500SC, you have to log in monthly.

Bottom line, not a bad compromise.
    Sita and nekokirei like this.
  20. cfreining New Member

50.000SC.