2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Mardy Augur

BRAVO, BRAVO! This is one of the rare times where SOE announced something, then backtracked due to player feedbacks. Usually when SOE announces something, it's because they had already done it and there's no looking back. Ahh the power of customer's bank accounts.

But, got to give credit where its due. This is a great attitude change from SOE, and I for one as a long time SOE fan since EQ1 days (1999) am happy to see. $14.99 for all access pass that will allow me to play EQ & Planetside 2, and still get 500SC a month? Count me in.

BRAVO!
  2. Pullatross New Member

I only play EQ and I'm not interested in playing any other games, SOE or anything else.
    If All Access drops to $14.99 this is the same as the price for my monthly Gold membership subscription for EQ. Will there be a similar price drop for EQ subscriptions or is SOE pushing everybody to the All Access system?
  3. Daze Journeyman

Thank you , assuming that 6 monthly subscriptions still get the same SC as usually on gold accounts.
  4. ChabikSnaxx New Member

Whew, glad I didn't have to cancel my accounts, I was already getting withdrawals thinking about it lol. Thanks guys for listening =)
  5. Eluwenie Augur

I'm in the states but I've been on the Euro server since I started my main over 10 years ago, back then it wasn't a Euro server. So how about those who are playing on this server but aren't European?
  6. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Everyone's getting All Access, whether you want it or not. It does simplify their account management at least, since they won't need to track your access level to each game now; it's a simpler check and cuts down on the number of types of accounts and account plans they'll need to manage.

I have been all access since the beginning, so I haven't tried it much; but I know in All Access you could only get on one game at a time. Anyone happen to know if you had payed for the sub access separately, could you get on multiple games at once with the same station ID? If that's the case that might be a minor concern, otherwise it's probably a moot point.
  7. Time zone Journeyman

Please do us a big favor and carefully think about #3. Our goal is to give you more value in the subscription to make it more attractive and making it simpler in the process.

Up the SC to 2000 per month
    suggest players claim the SC on a month bases, but they can " horde " it if they like
    while" Gold " have all market place items 50% off
    while gold offer players a chance to " /random roll or spin a in game wheel for a chance at some great prizes

Example:
    1. no charge to " ALL " accounts for 3 months, 6 months 1 year, (after 7 years continues gold membership)
    2. give a "exceptional " items from latest expansion related to class...( like a a weapon or piece of armor )
    3. give a item from LoN pack per month
  8. Feradach Augur

Thank you to all those involved in getting our concerns in front of the decision makers. It's good to know that our voices are indeed heard.
  9. monkiedoo New Member

bunch of whiners, thanks for screwing us out of an extra 1500sc per month, just cause you want to hoard it.
    Genoane likes this.
  10. forbes77 Elder

WHY DIDNT THEY JUST USE THE IN GAME VOTING SYSTEM,HOW MUCH TIME AND MONEY WAS WASTED ON THAT?think the results would have been fairer.and only peeps in game could give there vote,there could have been houndreds of non playing peeps saying there bit which is unfair so the in game vote would have been FAIR
  11. oldertimer New Member

I have been a sub since beta, and have 3 golds with the $99 promotion rate,
    Will those get the all access?
    and thanks for listening to us
  12. bloodbeard Elder

/applaud
    If we continue to gain 500SC for re-occurring subs, I am happy.
    I am also pleased to see SOE truly listening to it's fan base, it's loyal supporters over the years.

"Please do us a big favor and carefully think about #3. Our goal is to give you more value in the subscription to make it more attractive and making it simpler in the process."

If at all possible, instead of making us claim our 500sc each month, just make it part of the contract that accumulation will be cut-off if there have been no logins to that account within a 6 or 12 month period? Once login has been achieved, that account will begin to accumulate SC again, but will not get any from the cut-off period. I think that might be easier to code, and control, and it would alleviate many of the issues our men and women of the military might face. Even if they are gone for a year and half, they will at least accumulate SC for a while, to help when they are able to return.

Thank you for listening, Smed! Thank you moderators and others who get our concerns to Smed!
    Leeroy Jenkins likes this.
  13. thenagel New Member

i've been playing eq since 2001. unfortunately, right now our finances aren't in a place where we can afford to spend 15 bucks for our accounts.
    while as a player i appreciate the fact you are trying to adapt your changes to please the majority of you customers, i have to say i'm a little disappointed in the new 'all access' idea. there are no other SOE games i'm even a little interested in, so the same price that i can't pay for access to several things i don't want to play isn't much of a 'change' for me.

yes, this is, in effect, just me whining because nothing you are doing with these changes will benefit me in any way, but i'm sure i'm not the only one so i thought it might be worth mentioning. maybe there are enough of me out there to inspire you to think of another way that might benefit us in some way

regardless of how little this affects me, i do want to thank you for listening to your player (customer) base and altering your plans to satisfy the needs of the majority, instead of just the loudest minority.
  14. eaglehart New Member

I like how they change the price to all access to 14.99 a month and i'm paying 14.99 a month for just everquest if this is the case they should lower all the prices per game down to 9.99
  15. Piestro Augur

That limitation was with the other program. Since we have moved away from that it should just be like normal SC once claimed.
  16. Piestro Augur

There shouldn't be any change for you then.
  17. Piestro Augur

Yes.
  18. Piestro Augur

The 500SC will accrue as long as you claim it.
  19. Piestro Augur

You probably won't need to change anything, we do have to finalize all the details still though.
  20. Piestro Augur

We're still going to offer multi month and yearly plans.