Devs please save the zerker class.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bertirum, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bighitz Augur

In rain of fear rogues bursted better than berserkers, and even though berserkers hit out higher top numbers in VOA, we often failed horribly (premature ending of disc etc), which meant that on average the rogues were doing just as well. Sustained we have always fell very short because of endurance problems.
  2. Hahlfwit Augur

Just wrong and either misleading or you believe it because you were not milking every ounce of dps out of your toon.
    Very early on in RoF rogues were competitive for top burst with zerkers until the bad wep ratio issue was fixed. Then broken discs once again allowed zerkers to blast past rogue burst. This is the current situation.
    I want zerkers to compete on each and every burn parse. I am also cool with Monks being in the mix. I don't begrudge wizards their upgrades as they were woefully underpowered vs. their role description.
    The sad part about all of these threads is that there will be a forced pendulum swing that is going to piss off one or more classes, which will start another avalanche of threads from those classes, which will cause another forced swing, wash, rinse, repeat.
    Why not just send PMs to the devs and show some supporting data?
    I will tell you why, because zerkers are not in nearly as bad of a spot as these threads would have us believe.
  3. Ddink Journeyman

how did you come to the conclusion no one has sent the dev's pm's?
  4. Fenudir Augur

I'd be willing to bet that the devs already get far more PMs than they have time for. As for parse data, they don't want it from players. Parse data from players is nearly always going to show exactly what the player wants it to. The devs have ways of parsing dps of their own - though you'd be surprised so similar it is to what we have.
  5. hakmer Augur

have seen parses posted and people were quick to shoot them down, what i have not seen are parses proving berserkers are not behind. you people arguing they are not behind need to show some proof instead of just blabbing.. show the parses. u want legit parses.. show berserkers legit parses that they are not behind so they can figure out what they are doing wrong with the way they dps and keep up.
  6. Hahlfwit Augur

I would suggest talking to the zerkers that have posted in this thread indicating that zerkers are not behind where burst is concerned.
    I know that some guilds have a policy against players posting parses in public forums. This is a sound decision when you consider the history of kneejerk balancing (/cough nerfs).
    If I posted a parse of a zerker doing a 240k burst parse, it obviously would not help you anyhow. Otherwise you would already have figured out how to hit those numbers yourself. If you rely solely on public forums as a resource to learn how to play your class to it's maximum potential then no amount of parses is going to help.
  7. hakmer Augur

i understand what you are saying and i agree to a degree, but here is my view. You have a multitude of a class saying hey we have an issue, and then you have one or two people in that class from high end raiding guilds saying these numbers are achievable because we have the right situation for this class at all times. ok that's cool. but i want to see more than one or two players parsing competitively with the other classes on a consistent basis. If you care about the class you give information, not hold it back. the general public will figure out how they can do something if they see it can be done. but having optimal support from a guild dedicated 24/7 to the game is not realistic for every player. And again i say show me where berserkers are competitive in a raid and group setting with these other classes. IF you can't produce what these people are saying or refuse to produce it, then the class is broke and needs the boost as the majority of the people who are posting on it have said. Berserkers have one role.. bring the pain. If they aren't at the top of what they are designed to do, they are broke. they have no other tools to compensate for not being excellent dps.Whether you like that or not doesn't matter. Dps is their lone forte.
  8. Amor Augur

People don't openly post that stuff for a reason. Be it right or wrong someone will take that info and use it against them for their own agenda. It's a shame that people can't openly discuss stuff anymore. You are better off talking in PM's were people are more willing to share info.

Amorcen
  9. Brogett Augur

I agree that rogue timers meant we can do our peak dps more often than you can do your peak dps, however I disagree that the rogue peak is higher than berserkers. I've seen several parses from high end guilds that demonstrate the opposite.

However, we are largely in the same boat as each other - undertuned vs other melee and casters.
  10. Slasher Augur

There is a berserker website they can go to and see parses people post. Posting parses here is a bad idea.
  11. Thronk New Member

I just want to say this about www.goberserker.com:

It's a good place with lots of good info. There are knowledgeable berserkers, current and retired, that will answer your questions if you ask them.

That being said, the main problem is that most of the posts are almost a year old. About 95% of that site is from 2006-2010, and the latest parse is easily two months old. If I'm missing big parts from the site, that'd be great, just point me on my way, but it really isn't that much help when you go through all of their old info threads and you have a question.

As for the zerkers talking about breaking 200k, I did send a PM, and all I got was 'hit furious rampage, enjoy'. When I asked for an explanation on how that did anything, I got nothing. The 'good' berserkers are being terribly closelipped, and I don't know why. As for everyone else, I think it's pretty obvious that you are either a zerker and you want some help for your class and you either don't understand it well enough or it really does need help (which I think most people have agreed with, most of the disagreement I'm seeing being from how MUCH help we need), or you aren't a zerker and you want to try to mitigate them beating you at anything.

I quit being pessimistic about Zerking a month or so ago, so I'm done thinking that the devs want to give us the screw for any reason, and I'm expecting that I'll really be popping out when I max out my AA and get my t3 raid gear. That being said, I think that a lot of people here have envy not because zerkers are beating them at anything, but because they WANT to beat them at something, and that's just poor. I'm willing to believe that I could play my class better, and I'm all about learning more and asking questions, but I don't think it's wrong of us to want to be competitive when 99% of us are finding it hard to do. Quite frankly, there is no argument here, and there are some people that are just trying to keep us from getting anything that would help us because it would then make us competitive. I'm thinking that these are people who spend more time complaining about their class than they do actually playing it, because why else would you complain at someone who wants to compete unless you either want an unfair playing field or you don't feel like you can compete, thus zerkers shouldn't be helped out. After all, you think they're more competitive than you.

Stop complaining about a class wanting help, stop complaining about your class. Play your class to the full, and where you see that you need help, ask for it. It's very ill-hearted of you to stomp on the wishes of others when you have no power to approve or deny them.

In summation, Zerkers are awesome. Either most of us don't understand how to get the most damage out of our class, or we need some help, either way it's nobody's problem but our own. It's not wrong for you to post here, but it is wrong for you to claim anything about a class that you don't play just to keep them from getting help if they feel that they need it. This kind of thing is one of the reasons the devs posted the 'class envy' thread, guys, use some common sense.
  12. Fenudir Augur

If you want to talk discs, burn set ups, etc. feel free to PM me with and I'll discuss anything you want and in detail.

Or hit me up on the Povar server.
  13. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

There are basically two posts on Goberserker to read up on. "Feeling the Burn" and "Spam Key Multibinds". The "Feeling the Burn" thread is updated every expansion and gives you information concerning what discs do what and what stacks with what. The Spam Key thread is just a generalized topic of how to set up multibind keys in EverQuest.

If you have questions that aren't answered between those two threads, just ask either here or on GoBer or even join the serverwide channel (serverwide.berserker:berserker). I think Berserkers as a class share info about how to optimize better than most classes in EQ.
  14. Slasher Augur

so they made that stupid capricious rage disc on its own timer max 5 hits lol what a waste of a disc.
  15. Bighitz Augur

Thronk if someone send you a PM with something you aren't doing but should do. do you think there is a reason they sent it in PM and not on boards?
  16. Thronk New Member

Afraid that the devs will nerf another thing? Honestly it shouldn't matter. People have PM'd me with actual details now, so it's a non-issue.
  17. Bighitz Augur

Yeah thats the reason, devs are aware I am sure. While some stuff isn't working as intended that doesnt mean that it isn't exactly what we need.
  18. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

Will a parse from a non top 30 guild satisfy you? I won't lie and say I don't out sustain him as a ranger even though my 90s burst(I tend to heal too often) is half of his. I usually out sustain him by 5-10k on raids depending on how much I (have to) heal. There are times I'm group healer, so he owns me. o_O

Here's Kael's 2nd Lord Yelinak yesterday.The top beastlord is the one who parsed it. We haven't beat Xorbb 1 yet. Top berserker, beastlord, and myself are in our $$ adps group since we regularly are top non caster dps while syncing our adps well together. Sixth and tenth place berserkers don't have the well synced adps obviously and most likely no bard. I don't remember if we had 3-4 bards on or not. Berserker in tenth is also a recently returned leveled from 85 or 90 toon. Monk App I believe was still using group weapons since he received T1 raid after this parse and is also not in the $$ group. Beastlord in eigth doesn't do /pet who is your leader ever, named her pet, she dps weird, and tends to chat a lot hence the no pet combined with her. I was helping root Dain's adds at the start which is why my placement is odd (I missed 15s comparing my parse time to his) for those that don't know the raid. The nfc is a guest, new app, FM that's been gone awhile, or an alt as I don't recognize the name. Necromancers too far away to parse properly of course and what's a wizard?

Lord Yelinak in 86s, 81829k @951498dps --- Berserker 16440k @210773dps --- Beastlord + pets 8483k @113111dps --- Monk App + pets 6408k @85442dps --- Hannil 6274k @104567dps --- Magician + pets 4690k @68976dps --- Berserker 4379k @54737dps --- Rogue 4251k @57440dps --- Beastlord 4008k @53443dps --- Nfc 3166k @44591dps --- Berserker 3104k @40317dps'
    Velora likes this.
  19. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

If you are group healer, should you even be relatively close to him in DPS?
  20. Mezziah New Member

Just making it known, claiming you should Parse near a caster is pretty insane. Also, I see Zerkers, Rogues, and Monks all pretty dead even these days which is quite nice. All three of these classes should be near eachother, and they are. If you want to Parse near a wizard, then we should consider giving Wizards the ability to wear chain mail!! You do realize Everquest, is a group game, it was built around a community of players. Yes, some classes are better soloable than others, but in my general opinion and I think most life long everquesters would agree, I think most classes are on PAR in their respected categories. Making comparisons across classes is just ludacrist.

I am by no means putting down Zerkers, but some of the arguments made throughout this thread are pointless. Compare a Zerker to a Monk, rogue, melee classes. If any Melee class deserves helps these days, I'd point to Warriors, What happened to my classic TANK!! They have been run out. But that is another issue, and NO i do not play a warrior.

Please compare your Zerker to other Melee Class Parses, and compare their abilities to the same classes and base your decisions off that. A zerker out parses Monks regularly, same as warriors. It has more to do with your own set-up and abilities as a player than it has to do with the class. Zerkers are still a top the Melee class. :/ Not sure you even have any grounds to stand on for this request.

Again, my opinion. For your information I play a Melee class, and Zerkers consistantly out parse me. A zerkers burn like any other melee class should be less than a casters burn, due to the fact that we are allowed better gear, and play a different role in the game. If you aren't happy with the ROLE your Zerker should be playing, then don't play one. :) Play a Wizard and be a top Parser!! You also will not got the satisfaction of close range combat, and the thrill that comes with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.