Devs please save the zerker class.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bertirum, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bertirum New Member

I don't understand your absolute distaste for the class I love, but you really need to give us a hand here. We will never get anything decent for sustained DPS, most of us have accepted this. However the gap between our burst DPS and wizards DPS has bulged beyond belief. The worst part, Wizards hardly need anybody for ADPS, Berserkers need EVERYBODY, Bard, Shaman, Beastlord, Rogue we can't do a single thing on our own!

Needing other classes doesn't bother me, that's fine, BUT our DPS is so mediocre on our own and hardly notable with the right ADPS. Honestly I have seen 5 wizards in my guild throwing up 150k DPS and I was struggling to stay above 60k. Unless everything is just right I see people practically sit on top of my DPS and there is nothing I can do to get an edge up, Rogues, Monks easily out parse me.

Bottom line is you need to up our DPS, remove our extreme reliance on other classes, and/or remove all of the damage (and other detrimental effects) and give us mend and call us monks.

P.S. Communion of Blood had ALL the potential in the world the conversion rate is fine, BUT where it falls on its face is the recast delay.
  2. Gragas Augur

In B4 lock!

Honestly we have excellent burst, 45 seconds of Glory(then RF fades) if the other support classes click on time then rest of the raid (sustained) we are sub par because of lack of self HHE or any massive strike abilities.

Asking them to retool our class at this point of the game is a bit insane, but here is something to ponder.

Staggered content = we have not yet received our top end weapons yet for any weapon dependent classes, if after T4 finally comes out and we are still miles behind then yes some complaining should be absolutely necessary. Of course we might get to enjoy these new weapons for about 2 months before next expansion is released and melee once again fall miles behind casters.
  3. Bighitz Augur

We are also sub par on burst, our theoretical burst is still fine, our real burst isn't...

There is alot of pride in this, but the bottom line is a berserker doing whatever he can and being partially rooted on a mob have trouble topping 100K most of the time, in the same timeframe a wizard will hit 200K.. and then maintain / increase the lead as the fight goes on.

I dont want to bash wizards, but berserkers prides are hurting us... We are not a good burst class unless we are rooted and have great support + great luck - even then we are not ever topping the parse.

Thats alot of factors competing classes dont have to struggle with to the same degree..
  4. Gragas Augur

Regularly break 200k not being rooted or blinded on burns, still need great support but wizards have there's as well.
    Beimeith and FatbukSlapmeat like this.
  5. RagePaw Augur

Sorry Gragas you are providing a false interpretation of the berserker class.

We are NOT competitive compared to wizards on burns.
    We are NOT competitive at all when it comes sustained.
  6. Hahlfwit Augur

Actually, a well played zerker is competitive on short to medium duration burns, and unrivaled on events with lower con adds which will most definitely contribute to sustained. And yes, where burns are concerned the comparison is with wizards.
    I know for a fact there are others that are hitting the 240-250k range on burns.
    Gragas must be one of those well played zerkers.
    The tools are there, some players are just better at recognizing and using them.
  7. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Some players also have access to a full complement of support classes in group that some classes are so highly dependant on.
    Thronk, Brogett and Denhbers like this.
  8. Denhbers Elder

This. I do the best I can with what I have. Sometimes I have a bard/shaman. Usually I just have a shaman.

Frenzied resolve and all this new 90% to activate stuff might have looked nice on test, but it is a millstone around our necks on live raids. The detrimental effect discs kept piling up and now it's ridiculous.

Zerkers are far too dependent on other classes.

I saw a dev post stating that they didn't want EQ tuned around the elite raiders anymore. Well, ok. I am indifferent towards that... However...

The problem is, few berserkers reach ANYWHERE CLOSE to their potential dps due to unavailability of support classes.

The best short term solution is to get rid of the (halfling) root / 90% garbage.
  9. Gragas Augur

Fixed that for you.
  10. Bighitz Augur

This is Exactly what i mean Gragas by pride, I dont want to be personal but i have a hard time thinking you can hit 200K with anywhere the consistency that wizards can and over the same course..

We dont hit 200K unless we are rooted, frenzied rallos isn't changing that, augmented frenzy isn't.

and no dont tell me i dont know how to play a berserker because i do - but i admit our true state instead of holding on to some claim because i got my pride...

----

This is in no way saying you are not capable, its more aimed at the class. lets just be honest about where we stand and not do a tier 2 VOA raid parse, brag about it and claim we can do that all day long because we got such big egos 8-D
  11. RagePaw Augur

Agree with bighitz on this, more than 170k dps is completely unlikely on most events, boasting about the 5% raids that suit us is making a rod for our own backs.
    Bighitz likes this.
  12. sojuu Augur

Zerkers do need some help, they should be the top melee burst class and right there with wizards.
    Thronk, Ishtass and Bighitz like this.
  13. Gragas Augur

It's not pride just stating a fact, if you were raiding current content you might know? And we can hit 200k not being rooted or blinded on burns. Yes we do need help on sustained because we do not measure up to wizards in that regards, but we can compete with them on burns with perfect support.
  14. Bighitz Augur

sorry gragas i believe you now... :)
  15. Denhbers Elder

Oh, and this.
  16. Slasher Augur

I'll believe 200k without frenzied is possible on 1 MOB when I see it. Maybe with some insane luck but not consistently like you're claiming. 200k in what 30s ? or 200k in 60s ?
  17. Amor Augur

Instead of doubting someone that plays the same class as you how about you ask him what he is doing to get them numbers. Maybe he figured something out you didnt. Maybe he asked another zerker about something he didnt figure out. Maybe he worked with other zerkers so they all improved. What does he gain by making a false claim when he plays the same class as you? He comes off as pretty helpful so send him a PM or something and maybe he might share some insight with you on why he is seeing these numbers you claim are not possible.

Amorcen
  18. Slasher Augur

Never claimed it wasn't possible. I already know how hes doing it, but if you've played a zerker you know how horribly random the class can be. A few seconds late on shm clicking epic or bst hitting RF or bard hitting QT and your parse is screwed getting all of the support needed let alone on the same page and doing it consistently is the hard part.
  19. Bertirum New Member

There are literal 2 options here. Give us sustained or give us burst. Or third option is watch the class fade away.
  20. Jimbo of Oggok Journeyman

Gragas has a guild that recruits based on optimal class balance and typically gets the most talented players.

So yes, he has beastlords that will cast Ruaabri's Fury around his disc timetable, because they accurately understand that maximizing ADPS is as important as maximizing one's own dps.

We play the same game, but some people have vastly different / severely less optimal recruiting standards for group / raid members.

Way to fix every other berserker's burn dps without increasing Gragas' burn dps:

Give berserkers a self only war cry that matches Ruaabri's fury

A way to help other melee more closely match casters - upgrade our war cry to FINALLY have some bite again.

War cry has NEVER been upgraded. There are lower level versions, a regular version, and an ancient version, all from GoD when berserkers were introduced. Never has it been upgraded...

New war cry:
    Increase Chance to Flurry by 50%
    Decrease Weapon Delay by 30% (even 25% would not be an upgrade for rogues, monks, paladins over INNATE)
    Increase ATK by 500
    Increase Critical Hit Damage by 20% of Base Damage

This would only help even out berserker burn dps among similarly geared characters (make up for class composition problems).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.